I have not seen this posted yet. If it is, I am sorry.
    My question is what are the options, if any, for a playbook user to get updates on the current installed Docs to go. I would like to be able to create powerpoint presentations, which obviously I can't now. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    05-20-11 11:43 AM
    why cant you
    05-20-11 11:52 AM
    why cant you
    Word to go lets you create a new document. Slide to go doesn't.
    05-20-11 11:55 AM
    oh i never noticed it im not aware of any updates for it
    05-20-11 12:00 PM
    I'm under the assumption that any updates would need to come as part of an OS update, since Docs2Go for Playbook doesn't seem to be an app of its own in App World.

You guys agree?
    05-20-11 12:17 PM
    I'm under the assumption that any updates would need to come as part of an OS update, since Docs2Go for Playbook doesn't seem to be an app of its own in App World.

You guys agree?
    There's no reason Docs2Go couldn't release a new version via Appworld that would install over the stock version shipped with the device. Many devices/brands do this already.
    05-20-11 12:30 PM
    Sorry I wasn't more clear. You are absolutely correct that included apps can be updated independently by their developers. Need For Speed and Tetris are two examples where the developer, EA, has already done this.

I was just saying that there is no such independent app for Docs2Go in App World today, so we will likely end up seeing A2G updates with the OS updates. I'm only guessing.

Doesn't RIM own Docs2Go now?
    05-20-11 12:46 PM
    I hope you are right Mojoski. I can't wait to get more out of Docs to go!
    05-20-11 04:54 PM
    I hope they do something with it. What an embarrassment for them. If they didnt include it with the initial release and waited a bit, maybe charged a bit for a reasonably working version, I would be on board for that. But to include the "full suite of DocsToGo" even though it doesnt work well is a shame, and evidence of poor judgement on their part. I am not the least bit consoled to have it for included for "free". When one pays 500.00 bucks for a playbook, there is a tacit understanding that nothing about it is free.
    05-22-11 12:39 AM
    I use D2Go on my Playbook all the time but I was disappointed that the version of D2Go on my Torch has many more features than the one on the Playbook.

A big miss they need to fix soon.
    05-22-11 08:10 AM
    The day i got my Playbook

The days i struggled to get D2G to work like we all thought it should.

My reaction to learning RIM/DataViz's half-assed D2G app at launch

Every day since. Still waiting for the update like everyone else

C'mon RIM/DataViz! Don't continue to leave us hanging.
    05-22-11 04:37 PM
    I too am really dismade by D2G for playbook. Figured that the "First proffesional grade tablet" would have had a very good office suite of apps...at the very least as capable as the D2G for my storm.

Sheet to Go is a bloody embarrasment. Especially if you view D2G specs for droid.

At this point while I love my PB...will have to confess management really screwed up on a lot of fronts and will be playing catch up for a while.

One saving grace...might be...the droid player. But they had better get it out here soon...cause I am getting frustrated and bored with what is available right now.

05-22-11 05:04 PM
    I could use the ability to add comments, not just read existing ones. i mean, i can do this on the BB 9780 version so it doesn't seem unreasonable to have the same functionality on my PB.
    05-23-11 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD