SInce OS 2 on my playbook, I frequently cannot open a document (mainly with word but has also been a problem with the others). I have tried using several different file manager apps including file manager, file browser, files and folders. I receive an "internal error has occurred" message which asks me to restart if problem occurs. This sometimes helps, but not always, and the problem reoccurs soon after. I have not found a working solution in any forum. I have no commas or other symbols in the file names. I have tried saving and opening the files in different word versions.

Does anyone have a similar problem or can advise me on how to resinstall docs to go?
    03-12-12 06:02 PM
    Unfortunately, there is no way to reinstall DTG without wiping the device. I had the same issue, and DTG simply refuse to work in any way. I upgraded from the Dev Beta OS, and it was a huge problem (long load time was another issue). I wiped the device and reinstalled OS2.0 fresh, and I haven't had any problems since. So, unless you can fix your problem my restarting the PB, I would recommend wiping (sucks, I know). People have tweeted and commented on Beta Zone to have RIM post Docs to Go in App World so that we can delete and reinstall it if necessary. Not sure if RIM will do that though.
    ArnieR6 and rbrooks86 like this.
    03-12-12 07:33 PM
    SInce OS 2 on my playbook, I frequently cannot open a document (mainly with word but has also been a problem with the others). I have tried using several different file manager apps including file manager, file browser, files and folders. I receive an "internal error has occurred" message which asks me to restart if problem occurs. This sometimes helps, but not always, and the problem reoccurs soon after. I have not found a working solution in any forum. I have no commas or other symbols in the file names. I have tried saving and opening the files in different word versions.

Does anyone have a similar problem or can advise me on how to resinstall docs to go?
    Unfortunately, there is no way to reinstall DTG without wiping the device. I had the same issue, and DTG simply refuse to work in any way. I upgraded from the Dev Beta OS, and it was a huge problem (long load time was another issue). I wiped the device and reinstalled OS2.0 fresh, and I haven't had any problems since. So, unless you can fix your problem my restarting the PB, I would recommend wiping (sucks, I know). People have tweeted and commented on Beta Zone to have RIM post Docs to Go in App World so that we can delete and reinstall it if necessary. Not sure if RIM will do that though.
    I am having the same issue. It started about 2 weeks ago and is happening more and more. After restart I can usually open a doc once, but after standby I get the error again. I guess I will try the wipe method. Thanks!
    03-15-12 12:23 AM
    I hace the same issue
    03-17-12 10:57 PM
    Oh dear. I managed to do a security wipe and re-installed the latest OS 2 and restored my apps and data, but I still have the same intermittent but very annoying problem. Does anyone have a solution? Is this more common a problem that just me? Help! Or how else can I flag this up to the powers that be?
    03-19-12 04:25 PM
    Just started happening. Restart will not fix. Always on stock OS. Love my playbook and it's idiosyncrasies but this makes it UN usable. Will let you know if I uncover a fix.

Edit: The work around I saw posted was to rename the file. I use air browser. The file then opens no problem. Inconvenient as all heck! Come on RIM this is a bug somewhere and 'simple' stuff like opening a .doc or .docx needs to be BULLETPROOF!
    Last edited by Glamrlama; 03-19-12 at 11:15 PM.
    03-19-12 10:14 PM
    I have wiped a direct reinstalled twice and still have the same problem. I have found that RIM's native file manager works 90%+ of the time, but with all, of the 3rd party file managers I have tried, it's a real crappie shoot.

Interestingly, I notified all of the file manager revs, and they said that since their managers don't actually open files (just send an open command through Adobe Air), there's nothing much they can do about it...

So now I have a 3rd party file manager open all the time so that I can remember the names of the files I need, but open using RIM's native file manager.... That seems to work.
    ninepbs likes this.
    03-21-12 08:27 PM
    Edit: The work around I saw posted was to rename the file. I use air browser. The file then opens no problem. Inconvenient as all heck! Come on RIM this is a bug somewhere and 'simple' stuff like opening a .doc or .docx needs to be BULLETPROOF!
    I tried this method for a while, but all that it does is have docs to go think it's a new file, so that it can take another crack at opening it... Your percentage of successful opens doesn't seem to change. The only 90% successful way I've found of opening MS Office files is to use RIM's native file manager. (so you'd better have a good memory for all of your file names...)
    03-21-12 08:32 PM
    Sometimes particular xlsx files do this but generally docs2go works for me.
    03-21-12 08:33 PM
    I tried this method for a while, but all that it does is have docs to go think it's a new file, so that it can take another crack at opening it... Your percentage of successful opens doesn't seem to change. The only 90% successful way I've found of opening MS Office files is to use RIM's native file manager. (so you'd better have a good memory for all of your file names...)
    I can see all the files they just would not open. DocsToGo simply would not start at all after the initial "internal error". Quite a scare; as I indicated what I am learning now is backing up my PB!
    03-21-12 10:29 PM
    This is a serious problem, because the naming/opening issues with Docs to Go impacts a lot of other programs, too, particulalry Dropbox, Smart Office 2, etc. Since OS 2.0 I've done a lot more drafting on the Playbook, so its been a pita when it isn't saving in Doc to Go.
    04-03-12 12:39 PM
    I have wiped a direct reinstalled twice and still have the same problem. I have found that RIM's native file manager works 90%+ of the time, but with all, of the 3rd party file managers I have tried, it's a real crappie shoot.

Interestingly, I notified all of the file manager revs, and they said that since their managers don't actually open files (just send an open command through Adobe Air), there's nothing much they can do about it...

So now I have a 3rd party file manager open all the time so that I can remember the names of the files I need, but open using RIM's native file manager.... That seems to work.
    My problem was I could not open a doc file after saving it. Do-to-Go would just not respond. After rebooting, I could open the file once and then no response from the app again. I used kcmagnet's suggestion to open the doc file with the native file manager. It opened the file and the problem seems to have gone away completely.
    04-30-12 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD