Hey guys, I'm having a really weird problem after updating my PlayBook to OS2. Just a few days ago, I had the Documents to Go icon in my app list and now it is missing. I haven't uninstalled it or anything. What's weird is when I open a .docx file from the stock file manager, it is opened with word to go. Where is my icon? I thought I might have deleted it but when I go and try to move apps, I notice that you cannot delete the standard apps. I'm sure this is not the case. Any help?
    02-29-12 08:31 PM
    Swipe to left and see if it's hidden in there. Double check folders etc.
    02-29-12 08:35 PM
    I don't have the icon on any of my 2 screens. 3 folders. Bridge, media, and games. Not there. I usually lurk these boards and post only a handful of times. I've doubled, and tripled checked. I know I have the app since the file browser opens Word To Go but the Docs To Go icon is missing
    02-29-12 08:39 PM
    Weird did you tried a reboot too?
    02-29-12 08:45 PM
    Yes, I've tried both a reboot and a hard shutdown/manual on. Still not there. Very weird. I have that useless(IMO) Print to Go icon but no Docs to Go. If only the reverse happened... I actually do lots of typing and it would be nice to move away from bridge memopad. I think this is a bug.
    02-29-12 08:49 PM
    I have the exact same problem. Hope someone can solve this. There must be a way to just get the icon back.
    03-01-12 11:05 AM
    shameless 72 hour bump. If anyone else is having this problem, please post. Maybe we can figure out what's going on.
    03-03-12 09:13 AM
    I'm sure you checked but the icon was changed in OS2 which I've pictured below. Also look for just TEXT with no icons. That has happened in the past with Bridge Icons disappearing but their text showing. (by the way, the black box at the upper left is where I have now included my email address in my wallpaper. It shows when the password screen comes up - in case I lose it, my email will be shown on that opening screen)
    03-03-12 01:36 PM
    I've realized the icon changed and there are no text only "icons." I've attached my PlayBook's screens and all possible locations. Some screenshots I've attached show icons overlapping to show I didn't miss any. Also shows all my folders. No Docs To Go icon
    03-03-12 04:33 PM
    do a security wipe ?
    NOTE: BACKUP FIRST USING THE PC STUDIO IF YOU PERFORM A SECURITY WIPE.
    setset likes this.
    03-03-12 04:41 PM
    That's a complete showing. I guess that either a Security Wipe or Debrick may be necessary unfortunately. Good luck.

Oh, one thing but you probably did it - Check for Software Updates - maybe it will fill in the missing apps.
    setset likes this.
    03-03-12 05:03 PM
    I did a security wipe and the icon came back. I didn't back up but I didn't lose any important file. Kind of a hassle setting up all the email accounts and finding/redownloading all my apps. Ohh well. Thanks again guys for the help.
    03-04-12 03:09 PM
    I was hoping to find that someone had solved the problem without having to do a security wipe. I am not sure how to do that but I am sure I will find it.
    03-05-12 08:26 AM
    I'm sure you checked but the icon was changed in OS2 which I've pictured below. Also look for just TEXT with no icons. That has happened in the past with Bridge Icons disappearing but their text showing. (by the way, the black box at the upper left is where I have now included my email address in my wallpaper. It shows when the password screen comes up - in case I lose it, my email will be shown on that opening screen)
    That is a great idea F2! Did you put it in your wallpaper or some other way? Your email Addy.
    03-05-12 08:37 AM
    I was hoping to find that someone had solved the problem without having to do a security wipe. I am not sure how to do that but I am sure I will find it.
    hit the gear icon near the battery, got to "security" and hit "security wipe." You will be ask to type "blackberry" to confirm. Make sure to back up your important files. Use Box or dropbox for pictures/videos. As far as paid apps, you can reinstall them without paying again when you log in with your blackberry ID.
    03-05-12 07:42 PM
    Thanks. It seems like a lot of work and I wish there was an easier way but I guess there isn't. I have purchased a lot of Kobo books and haven't read most of them do you know if they are saved when I do a back up and can be restored after the wipe?
    03-06-12 08:37 AM
    That is a great idea F2! Did you put it in your wallpaper or some other way? Your email Addy.
    I added it to my wallpaper quickly using irfanview. I did the same on my Kindle3. It is a bit more disruptive on the pb's nice color wallpaper and more subtle on the bw kindle. I hope to never have it used. And, of course, it does expose one of my email addresses to anyone nearby my pb.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-06-12 11:16 AM
    Thanks. It seems like a lot of work and I wish there was an easier way but I guess there isn't. I have purchased a lot of Kobo books and haven't read most of them do you know if they are saved when I do a back up and can be restored after the wipe?
    I would think so but I'm not 100%. I have purchase some apps and I can restore these apps. I would think that your Kobo account is tied into your BlackBerry ID and when your restore the app, it will allow you to re-download them but double check. Yes, it is a hassle I feel your pain.
    madoBell likes this.
    03-06-12 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD