Hey guys,

I am trying to do some web designing on my Playbook when I have some off time at work but limited access to my own personal computer. However, I've been searching for the past few days but couldn't find any apps that would allow me to do this.

Does anyone know of a PHP Editor/Writer and a FTP app for the Playbook?

Thanks!
    12-18-11 08:59 PM
    I know I've seen an ftp app in the appworld. It was 99c or something, however, php, wouldnt a simple txt editor work? Or are you talking a wysiwyg editor? (Have never played with php)
    12-18-11 09:22 PM
    Glad to know that there are FTP Apps in AppWorld, however, would be pretty useless in my case without the other.

I'm not looking for a WYSIWYG editor. A PHP editor is essentially a notepad, and in fact, a notepad would work perfectly fine. However, a PHP editor (like HTML editors, or C++ etc.) would display syntax errors, and color coding certain functions (like between apostrophes) to make it easy to see/organize.

Been searching for the past few days... but to no avail. I know Android has a few, but unfortunately the Playbook is QNX. Running Android is not an option, since the only reason I got a Playbook was for Bridge (I am not paying $20/month to use the data I am already paying $30/month for!). I know there are work-arounds for tethering BB to Android for free, but this is a work phone and wouldn't want to risk any software malfunctions!
    12-18-11 09:40 PM
    Well then we / I / someone who had programming experience. Should port the vim qnx to the playbook. Would solve all of our problems.

Airbrowser has a notepad built in it. Tho I totally understand having the syntax build in.
    12-19-11 02:34 AM
    Someone could try and port Notepad++ or another editor of the sort to the Playbook.
    Notepad++ is C++ coded and Opensource if I recall.
    12-21-11 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD