Some time ago, I cam across an interesting looking app that allowed user to keep track of a series of project, activities or To-Dos. It had a colourful graphical graphic interface that they described as innovative (or something like that). I have looked and looked and have not found it again. I think it was a PB app, but could have been Android.

What I want it for, is to track progress and develop to-dos on a series of personal projects. Several old cars, a boat, an old house and so on. A place where I can easily add an idea or job when I think of it.

Anyone seen an app that might be the one I saw?
    01-08-13 07:30 PM
    You might look at Conqu - it is a free planning/scheduling app. Includes categories and tags to search - Conqu - A powerful multi-platform task management tool
    You might consider Wunderlist - it is free - works across platforms including the web - all synched and simple. wunderlist.com
    the apps are in app world
    As far as colorful graphical interface - neither one of the above would fit that description
    Barljo likes this.
    01-08-13 09:58 PM
    +1 conqu sounds kinda like what your talking about. also can check out "link note"
    01-08-13 10:51 PM
    Also many notetaking apps will allow just that, of which some are searchable (will you handle lots of action items for instance?)
    Keep in mind "to do" listers probably is the largest set of apps in App world... you'll have a large choice!
    I use Groovy Notes (searchable, but probably a bit 'rigid' for what you are looking for: you won't easily define more than a dozen categories for instance, while you can then use as many tags that you wish)
    I also use "my grocery book" which despite its name can handle any kind of lists.
    Last, you have handwritten-based notetaker, which on PB only can handle very few words: ScratchPad for instance...
    01-09-13 01:48 AM
    Conqu is a great application, but the colourful interface makes me think 'day in life' is the one you are looking for.

Gordon
    01-09-13 05:40 AM
    try toodletasks
    01-09-13 09:08 AM
    If you want to take photos & videos along with notes, plans, estimates and citation/resources as you progress thru restorations I would use Groovy Notes or Evernote. It makes it nice at car shows and for presentations to be able to show before/restoration/completion and various shows, tours, winnings or auctions later. It makes a nice record if you sell or want to remember who you did/didn't like for chrome, parts, etc. With EverNote it is easy to include links to experts, pictures of restored examples or even whole articles.

There are several programs you could use. The point is, use the full potential of that terrific PlayBook and really enjoy your hard work. Good luck!
    01-09-13 01:09 PM
    Thanks for the input so far. I will have a look at the suggestions.

Google found this review for Groovy Notes:

Hadn't heard of http://BB10apps.com
    01-09-13 05:26 PM
    I didn't care for Conqu so I moved to GroovyNotes and OrganizeMe (which is a SpringPad client that works really well on PB). The nice thing about OrganizeMe is it syncs with a SpringPad account on the web, if you choose to set one up. I started using the application only on my PB but soon registered online and can make changes at the office, home or library and when you open on PB (connected to the net, of course) all your changes show up. Works both directions, too.
    01-09-13 07:33 PM
    I downloaded several Free apps and tried them. Some were more note-takers, others time schedulers. Some too simplistic.
    Wunderlist - only early version available for PB. V2 looks better.
    Evernote (read that it has to be on-line, so didn't try?)

Because Groovy Notes had good reviews, I bought it. Not sure it is exactly what I need, but I think I can make it work.

I looked at many many planners, notetakers, schedulers project managers etc. but never did find the one I thought I had seen. But I need to actually do some planning so Groovy Notes will be it for now.
    01-11-13 07:01 PM
    Oops - Tried Groovy Notes and although it is pretty, I should have thought through how I would use it.

Present method is to prepare to-do lists on spreadsheet, then print the list. Take list with me when buying supplies and doing work on location (for example boat work at marina). While working, I scribbel notes on the printed list, bring them back home and update the list on laptop.

I could probably first use excel on laptop (as I do now). Saved on dropbox (which I already do). When away, edit spreadsheet using Excel on PB. Link modified list to dropbox when wifi is available.

Sometimes I try to think of things I can use our PB for. But do I really need apps to make it work?
    01-12-13 04:40 PM