I've been looking at the various To-Do / Getting Things Done apps available on Appworld, and to this point haven't come up with anything that meets my needs.

I'm interested in something basic (To-Do lists, Projects, tags, etc.) that works well on the PB, is capable of sending reminders, and that would allow me to print and/or export and/or access the information from other devices.

Although there are several decent apps available on Appworld that allow the creation of basic to-do lists, they are either too simplistic, incapable of syncing / exporting the information or sending reminders, or they require you to spend $40+/yr to have syncing capability.

For example, Conqu offers a free PB app that's easy to use and has a nice interface, but it doesn't have reminder capabilities and it will cost you $53/yr to sync. It would be helpful if they could at least incorporate a way to export to Dropbox (or something similar), but this is unlikely because it would cut into the revenues they get from people who pay for the syncing capability. They are also trying to stay away from the time / reminder piece, so as nice as the app is, it doesn't (and probably won't) meet my needs. "Get It Done Tasks" is another app that looks okay, but it will cost you $39/yr to sync.

Although I don't mind paying for decent apps on Appworld, I'm not very enthusiastic about locking into a perpetual annual fee for related capabilities. At this point I'm considering sideloading RememberTheMilk, which I think will meet most of my needs. I would prefer using a native PB app, but to this point haven't found anything suitable.

Any other suggestions out there??
    03-07-12 12:52 PM
    I noticed Shuffle had been ported, which is a useful GTD app on Android. Not tried it on the Playbook yet.
    03-07-12 03:22 PM
    Have a look at Catch Notes, which does a lot of what you want.

Gordon
    03-07-12 03:42 PM
    Thanks for the response. I ended up sideloading RememberTheMilk (first sideloading experience for me), looking good so far!
    03-07-12 08:40 PM
    I've enjoyed the sideloaded RTM app on my Playbook. So nice that it immediately syncs with online, and my BB can sync too (still wishing for a BB app).
    03-08-12 02:08 AM
    I wish RIM had built a task manager into the calendar as I'd prefer to keep everything in one place. Doing it that way would have also allowed me to sync with Google tasks.
    03-08-12 11:17 AM
    I'm waiting for this to come out: ClearProject - Project Management on the go with BlackBerry Playbook
    03-08-12 12:32 PM
    I use Pocket Informant on my BB and it works OK. Developer is not updating but it does have nice options for a business application.
    Problem is. No PB version and none planned. So a big negative.

Anyone interested can msg me.
    03-08-12 01:03 PM
    i would have bought this on the spot.

It is exactly what I've been searching through the forums for today !!!
    03-08-12 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD