Not as dumb as it sounds...or maybe it is but, I've managed to get Android player & market loaded ( thanks to all posters helping a dummy like me on this ) and it works fine, but, If I purchase an android App throught my new Gmail account will I be able to re-download it (if neccesary ) once the 'official' Android player comes out ? Is the purchase simply linked to my Gmail account ?

Thanks
    08-24-11 07:27 AM
    ...If I purchase an android App throught my new Gmail account will I be able to re-download it (if neccesary ) once the 'official' Android player comes out ? Is the purchase simply linked to my Gmail account ?

Thanks
    RIM has announced that developers will have to repackage Android apps so that they can be distributed through App World. I would be surprised if RIM was not doing everything possible to prevent users from using a competing digital market from within the official release of the player.
    08-24-11 08:17 AM
    My suggestion is not to purchase yet. My guess is Rim will want the $$$, from an App World purchase. Blocking all other Markets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 08:31 AM
    Thanks all
    08-24-11 10:11 AM
    Interesting question.
    There are many BB phone apps that are obtained from other than BB's appWorld.

When the Android apps are officially available for PB from BB's appWorld, then, will other apps be able to be otherwise OTA loaded? If you bought it from the developer, or something like CB Downloads, then, what happens to the price you paid? I think there will be a side load method that avoids the problem. Android apps are more 'universal' in use for many products, compared to apps which are product specific like the iPad or native PB.

Side-loading ability for RIM product users is a BIG plus.
    This is a real problem for Apple product users. They are tied to making purchases from Apple's appStore (or whatever it is called).
    Last edited by mandony; 08-24-11 at 11:29 AM.
    08-24-11 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD