Yes, I'd be happy to pass out some chill pills, but a mod destroyed my stash when he/she went hog wild deleting posts.
    12-01-11 09:20 PM
    Come on guys! Lets try to get along! We got some valid points here on BOTH sides! YES the PB has some GREAT attributes and many of us LOVE the bridge and feel it is THE best feature of the PB. HOWEVER, it is NOT without it's flaws as the OP points out!
    Got to disagree with you BIG TIME here pk.

Saying it has what is a relatively minor flaw
    (but not really - just an undeveloped feature - couldn't filter by category or sort by due date - nothing to do with the bridge, but the OS) is one thing.

Bantering and disagreements are fine - this is spam- sorry. All it does is discourage, depress and annoy enthusiasts or enrage them, as intended. I suppose I will be the one to take the hit for being enraged though, instead of the 4 poster newbie..

Saying THIS is a little over the top (to make an understatement) especially by a newbie with no post history:

How could they release something without even basic functionality? I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that all of the bridge apps suck (technical term).

I now understand why Ipads are selling and playbooks are not. EPIC FAIL.
    As well as intentionally inflammatory and allowed to persist and be bumped to accumulate high visibility in thread post count and search engines, while bad news for iphone threads are deleted within minutes...

I've really had enough of this forum that is "dedicated to playbook enthusiasts" for a while.
    Enthusiasts have to walk on egg shells while stuff like this is tolerated and encouraged.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-02-11 at 01:16 AM.
    12-02-11 12:46 AM
    Look I'm a BB fan but I gotta agree with 1hppyathlete - The PlayBook Task app via Bridge absolutely sucks. I use Toodledo.com as a workaround but shouldn't need to!

RIM have a really good idea with Bridge, it's not just a stop gap solution until native PIM apps arrive. But the current implementation of Bridge needs enhancing by adding all the features of the bridges phone PIM apps. e.g., category filter for Tasks and Address Book, remote server search for Email, Agenda view in Calendar...

-- Robert.
    Last edited by rob7100g; 12-02-11 at 01:43 AM. Reason: spelling
    12-02-11 01:41 AM
    Got to disagree with you BIG TIME here pk.

Saying it has what is a relatively minor flaw
    (but not really - just an undeveloped feature - couldn't filter by category or sort by due date - nothing to do with the bridge, but the OS) is one thing.

Bantering and disagreements are fine - this is spam- sorry. All it does is discourage, depress and annoy enthusiasts or enrage them, as intended. I suppose I will be the one to take the hit for being enraged though, instead of the 4 poster newbie..

Saying THIS is a little over the top (to make an understatement) especially by a newbie with no post history:

As well as intentionally inflammatory and allowed to persist and be bumped to accumulate high visibility in thread post count and search engines, while bad news for iphone threads are deleted within minutes...

I've really had enough of this forum that is "dedicated to playbook enthusiasts" for a while.
    Enthusiasts have to walk on egg shells while stuff like this is tolerated and encouraged.

And yet this "newbie with no post history" is being praised:

sold ipad to buy PB

Post count means nothing. Your post count is extremely high for someone with your registration date and you would be pegged as a newbie post wh0re on more-aggressive forums.

People like the OP don't post "enraging" complaint threads to be convinced otherwise or proven how wrong they are. They do it to vent. So just let those go, man. It's not worth the effort.
    reeneebob likes this.
    12-02-11 01:42 AM
    i repeat, at $199, the Playbook is a steal. I too love the Playbook. HOWEVER, anyway you look at it, it IS an EPIC FAILURE on RIMM's behalf to not include NATIVE apps for mail, contacts, calendar and notes on the Playbook. Its as if some ***** on the RIMM management team decided to INTENTIONALLY hobble the Playbook. Now, here we are 8 months later and the only company solution is to fire sale this great product. The bridge method is NOT a solution for everyone, NATIVE APPS are. RIMM is being managed by a band of incompetent FOOLS.
    Gotta love the bridge.

I you have the means, I strongly suggest you pick one up.

A BB that is.

It is so sweet
    12-02-11 01:51 AM
    Look I'm a BB fan but I gotta agree with 1hppyathlete - The PlayBook Task app via Bridge absolutely sucks. I use Toodledo.com as a workaround but shouldn't need to!

RIM have a really good idea with Bridge, it's not just a stop gap solution until native PIM apps arrive. But the current implementation of Bridge needs enhancing by adding all the features of the bridges phone PIM apps. e.g., category filter for Tasks and Address Book, remote server search for Email, Agenda view in Calendar...

-- Robert.
    Oh, a work around. Is that like an app?

Bridging is so sweet.
    12-02-11 01:55 AM
    And yet this "newbie with no post history" is being praised:

sold ipad to buy PB

Post count means nothing. Your post count is extremely high for someone with your registration date and you would be pegged as a newbie post wh0re on more-aggressive forums.

People like the OP don't post "enraging" complaint threads to be convinced otherwise or proven how wrong they are. They do it to vent. So just let those go, man. It's not worth the effort.
    Post reported as per instruction.
    12-02-11 02:00 AM
    I've sharpened my pitchfork and have torches primed and ready.

If Bridge would stop giving me Notifications that I have NO notifications, I could be happier. If I could open the Calendar item rather than only dismiss or snooze I could be happier. If I could write my GROUP of hiking buddies, well, once again, you get the idea. Bridge is unique and may be wonderful but it is NOT perfect.
    The bridge is execellent.

You have a bb handset. Did you forget how to use it? A feature you claim to rely on is at your finger tips like always yet you whine about its lack on a device that actually has a functioning, extremey useful bridge. Kinda lame complaint, IMO.
    12-02-11 02:07 AM
    Did everyone fail to notice the OP "noob" has been a CB member for almost 3 years? Not everyone posts 100 posts a day! Some folks come here to read and get help, and only post on occasion. Look at his join date, Feb 2009!
    howarmat and oldtimeBBaddict like this.
    12-02-11 08:20 AM
    Cat's out of the bag- may as well discuss the issue - I can't I am on thin ice. Mods don't even like spam reports anymore. Not their fault, there has been a huge influx of newbies and they have a lot to handle - need more mods, they are overburdend I will likely be banned for even bringing it up - they are all ticked off at me. oh well..it's been fun. Just trying to help make crackberry a cleaner happier place I will see where that gets me.

I have to catch up on some work anyway.
    I like the positive outlook you bring to the boards.
    NickA likes this.
    12-02-11 08:27 AM
    Bridge is a great concept though it has some childhood flaws. Let's hope that 2.0 brings some maturation and greater usefulness. No reason to blast the PB because of it. It still is a great tablet with lots of room to grow.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-02-11 08:33 AM
    Looks like Op has successfully bumped his thread and got it active and visible again - funny, I got an infraction for that. Why is an obvious iplant allowed to do this without a ban?

This poll and comments show that bridge is FAR from a disappointment amongst anyone but this particular newbie with four posts.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-phone-674244/

How can this be anything but spam?
    Yeah, total spam! The OP joined crackberry in feb 2009 and then waited until couple of days ago to strike. I am glad u are here call him out! Dude, get over yourself you ain't police! If you don't want a tread bumped up just shut your mouth and post on the treads you do like or the ones you created yourself.
    12-02-11 09:37 AM
    The bridge is execellent.

You have a bb handset. Did you forget how to use it? A feature you claim to rely on is at your finger tips like always yet you whine about its lack on a device that actually has a functioning, extremey useful bridge. Kinda lame complaint, IMO.
    I HAVE a pb. I am DOWNSTAIRS in the living room. My BB phone, a separate, divisible adjunct to my pb is UPSTAIRS. I get a Calendar Reminder. I want to change its settings. I do not want to be limited to the SNOOZE or DISMISS. I want to change the settings. I now have to snooze it, run upstairs (or maybe inside) to open the BB phone's Calendar.

Can't you understand after all this time, that YOUR NEEDS are not the same as other peoples' needs. I use my equipment differently than you use yours. You use does not dictate how others can or should use their pb.

It is MISSING features. Some features are lame. It is not complete. Those are MY OPINIONS and not solely mine.

Bridge as a concept is brilliant. Implementation is another thing, again.

Get it, yet?
    12-02-11 10:02 AM
    Newsflash - not everyone who is sadly disappointed in some of the playbooks lack of features is a spammer.

Not bumping - simply replying to what others have said.

Sigh....
    oldtimeBBaddict and pkcable like this.
    12-02-11 10:29 AM
    Post reported as per instruction.
    Easy there, Trigger.

I HAVE a pb. I am DOWNSTAIRS in the living room. My BB phone, a separate, divisible adjunct to my pb is UPSTAIRS. I get a Calendar Reminder. I want to change its settings. I do not want to be limited to the SNOOZE or DISMISS. I want to change the settings. I now have to snooze it, run upstairs (or maybe inside) to open the BB phone's Calendar.

Can't you understand after all this time, that YOUR NEEDS are not the same as other peoples' needs. I use my equipment differently than you use yours. You use does not dictate how others can or should use their pb.

It is MISSING features. Some features are lame. It is not complete. Those are MY OPINIONS and not solely mine.

Bridge as a concept is brilliant. Implementation is another thing, again.

Get it, yet?
    While I totally understand your annoyance, I think the ability of bridging the PB to BB while they're not in close proximity to each other is very cool. The Bridge brings phone and tablet together even when they're physically far apart. Besides showing off the capacitive bezel and gestures, the Bridge is one of the first things I show to people when they ask "Why did you get this and not the iPad?"

But, then that novelty wears off and I agree with you and others that Bridge's functionality needs a lot of work.
    12-02-11 06:29 PM
    Phone Remote is the way to go. They just did an update and it works like a dream.. My whole phone,, right there on my PB! Who'd a thunk?
    I just downloaded phone remote and it seems to be working great. I think I'm going to like this. Thanks for the tip.
    12-02-11 10:00 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD