What is your quility of stream...

I use to have 30% and it was a little laggy but not bad... Since the upgrade it's almost un-useable. Clock spins on phone and it tales MINUTES to update... I will try your settings.

Also - On Topic:

When there is native email, I will NOT use it... I love not having my email (etc) on the phone!
    I've been using about 60% - the advice was to be over 50%

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-625579/

11-30-11 03:01 PM
    Bluetooth Wifi connection from BB to PB. When you are in the advanced settings, it suggest different settings and says to experiment. Right now I have 20, 20, 3072 and got it working. Later I will try bumping up the chunk size to see how far I can go.
    and stream quality?
    11-30-11 03:19 PM
    and stream quality?
    didn't change that one yet... it was set at 20. Haven't messed with these yet... had to do those dang chores!
    11-30-11 04:21 PM
    The App World apps are even worse, Adobe AIR is terrible.
    Did you pay $500 for the PB?
    11-30-11 04:27 PM
    didn't change that one yet... it was set at 20. Haven't messed with these yet... had to do those dang chores!

I know you people are smarter than me, but I have now gotten the Phone Remote on
    stream Quality: 80%
    Sleep 1 and 2: 20
    Chunk size: 10240

What do you get?
    11-30-11 04:33 PM
    Probably should ask these question in the link I provided - the developer monitors the thread.

brendanmc25

where did the OP go? Guess he got the ball rolling so this thread would be visible and left for lunch.

That's the goal - time to let it sink so it doesn't get a high post count. But add your "terrible" rating first.
    no more responses to OP if he pops it up. I just learned the hard way that bumping is a crime.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-30-11 at 04:49 PM.
    11-30-11 04:42 PM
    Apple fears the playbook.
    lol listen, lets get real. I know you really like Blackberry but Apple is definitely NOT scared of the Playbook. The Playbook isnt even a speck on Apples radar... at least yet. While i really enjoy using the Playbook it really needs to fix some things before Apple will even take notice of it.
    Marshall91 likes this.
    11-30-11 07:20 PM
    lol listen, lets get real. I know you really like Blackberry but Apple is definitely NOT scared of the Playbook. The Playbook isnt even a speck on Apples radar... at least yet. While i really enjoy using the Playbook it really needs to fix some things before Apple will even take notice of it.
    if there's anything apple fears, it is the galaxy tab. the only thing that fears the playbook (a little) would be the kindle fire given the 199sale.
    11-30-11 09:12 PM
    Probably should ask these question in the link I provided - the developer monitors the thread.

brendanmc25

where did the OP go? Guess he got the ball rolling so this thread would be visible and left for lunch.

That's the goal - time to let it sink so it doesn't get a high post count. But add your "terrible" rating first.
    no more responses to OP if he pops it up. I just learned the hard way that bumping is a crime.
    OP is still around - nothing more to add really - just EXTREMELY disappointing in the lack of even basic functionality in the bridge apps - tasks, email and notes are essentially unusable for me, and are one of the main reasons I bought the playbook.

To those saying I should have done my research...actually I did lots of it. Never occurred to me to research if I could sort or filter tasks by category since it's been built into blackberry phones for years. Same with notes, emails and contacts.

Playbook's seem to do several things well - just not the things I NEED.

BTW - anyone know if filtering and sorting in the bridge apps is in the OS 2.0 beta?
    Last edited by 1hppyathlete; 12-01-11 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Add a question
    12-01-11 02:03 PM
    i repeat, at $199, the Playbook is a steal. I too love the Playbook. HOWEVER, anyway you look at it, it IS an EPIC FAILURE on RIMM's behalf to not include NATIVE apps for mail, contacts, calendar and notes on the Playbook. Its as if some ***** on the RIMM management team decided to INTENTIONALLY hobble the Playbook. Now, here we are 8 months later and the only company solution is to fire sale this great product. The bridge method is NOT a solution for everyone, NATIVE APPS are. RIMM is being managed by a band of incompetent FOOLS.
    12-01-11 04:32 PM
    i repeat, at $199, the Playbook is a steal. I too love the Playbook. HOWEVER, anyway you look at it, it IS an EPIC FAILURE on RIMM's behalf to not include NATIVE apps for mail, contacts, calendar and notes on the Playbook. Its as if some ***** on the RIMM management team decided to INTENTIONALLY hobble the Playbook. Now, here we are 8 months later and the only company solution is to fire sale this great product. The bridge method is NOT a solution for everyone, NATIVE APPS are. RIMM is being managed by a band of incompetent FOOLS.
    Do you feel better now?
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-01-11 04:34 PM
    Do you feel better now?
    I do. Thanks for asking!
    12-01-11 05:12 PM
    I feel great, I can't find one disappointment with the PB, nor with the native apps, or the BB app store, or with Bridge, or with its wi-fi connectivity; damn if life isn't just grand. I think I'll have me a Jack and coke....excuse me for a moment, "Mother, where's that dang Jack and Coke I asked for an hour ago????"
    12-01-11 05:18 PM
    OK, I feel much better now that we're BTTTWTTB
    12-01-11 05:24 PM
    Looks like Op has successfully bumped his thread and got it active and visible again - funny, I got an infraction for that. Why is an obvious iplant allowed to do this without a ban?

This poll and comments show that bridge is FAR from a disappointment amongst anyone but this particular newbie with four posts.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-phone-674244/

How can this be anything but spam?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-01-11 at 05:41 PM.
    12-01-11 05:34 PM
    Looks like Op has successfully bumped his thread and got it active and visible again - funny, I got an infraction for that. Why is an obvious iplant allowed to do this without a ban?

This poll and comments show that bridge is FAR from a disappointment amongst anyone but this particular newbie with four posts.

I agree. this one was blatantly obvious. and i just made it worse.
    12-01-11 05:50 PM
    OK, I feel much better now that we're BTTTWTTB
    Say what? Couldn't even find that one on google.
    12-01-11 05:55 PM
    I agree. this one was blatantly obvious. and i just made it worse.
    Cat's out of the bag- may as well discuss the issue - I can't I am on thin ice. Mods don't even like spam reports anymore. Not their fault, there has been a huge influx of newbies and they have a lot to handle - need more mods, they are overburdend I will likely be banned for even bringing it up - they are all ticked off at me. oh well..it's been fun. Just trying to help make crackberry a cleaner happier place I will see where that gets me.

I have to catch up on some work anyway.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-01-11 at 06:02 PM.
    danimalchil likes this.
    12-01-11 05:57 PM
    Come on guys! Lets try to get along! We got some valid points here on BOTH sides! YES the PB has some GREAT attributes and many of us LOVE the bridge and feel it is THE best feature of the PB. HOWEVER, it is NOT without it's flaws as the OP points out!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-01-11 06:01 PM
    I don't really mind if this thread is bumped up....it's those three other whinefest occupier threads that I won't mention that just give me a migraine. Anyway, back to the topic at hand, as hard as I tried to find fault with the PB, for my needs, it's simply the cat's meow. Time for another J&C.

Cheers
    12-01-11 06:08 PM
    Why is everyone who expresses dissatisfaction with PB accused of spamming? If it had more market share that might make sense, but it's nowhere near competing with the other tablets. I like the PB. It has some great features, but is missing some things that BB users have come to expect. I don't think it's unreasonable that 'real' users are complaining.
    FF22 and 1hppyathlete like this.
    12-01-11 06:59 PM
    Here is an idea...

Quit micromanaging the site.........

You are stating information that you do not even have a clue, if action was taken and will never know.

But please no "back seat modding"

12-01-11 07:01 PM
    Why is everyone who expresses dissatisfaction with PB accused of spamming? If it had more market share that might make sense, but it's nowhere near competing with the other tablets. I like the PB. It has some great features, but is missing some things that BB users have come to expect. I don't think it's unreasonable that 'real' users are complaining.
    Agreed 100%. There are just certain members who are quick to push the spam button or throw the ban hammer. They just need to chill on the witch hunts for a bit.
    12-01-11 07:27 PM
    12-01-11 08:16 PM
    Agreed 100%. There are just certain members who are quick to push the spam button or throw the ban hammer. They just need to chill on the witch hunts for a bit.
    I've sharpened my pitchfork and have torches primed and ready.

If Bridge would stop giving me Notifications that I have NO notifications, I could be happier. If I could open the Calendar item rather than only dismiss or snooze I could be happier. If I could write my GROUP of hiking buddies, well, once again, you get the idea. Bridge is unique and may be wonderful but it is NOT perfect.
    12-01-11 08:16 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD