It didn't take long going from excitement about my new playbook to frustration and disappointment.

I bought the playbook as an extension of my Torch 9800. Imagine my surprise when I went to use the bridge Task app and realized I couldn't filter by category or sort by due date.

How could they release something without even basic functionality? I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that all of the bridge apps suck (technical term).

I now understand why Ipads are selling and playbooks are not. EPIC FAIL.
    razvansky likes this.
    11-30-11 09:25 AM
    Nice first post....welcome, I think.
    jamesbondOO7 and 00stryder like this.
    11-30-11 09:27 AM
    The bridge app works great for me and it has saved me $50.00 bucks per month since I purchased my Playbook.

I don't understand how people look at the Playbook and find some, in some cases a minor thing and leap into a conclusion like EPIC FAIL.

The Playbook is awesome.

Better specs than the iPad2 all around. Cameras, speakers, processor, great size.

Secure. The iPad2 does not have government security credentials for a reason.

Fantastic UI. Swipe rocks! My three year old can use it.

Full flash web browsing. It will matter for the next few years. Flash isn't gone. The

Playbook supports both Flash and HTML5. Best for now and future.

Awesome apps and more coming every day. Great apps too.

The only EPIC FAIL I see is for the suckers that purchase a $600.00 dollar tablet that is restricting the functionality of many popular apps when they could buy three Playbooks for the same price.

Just my view. You are obviously entitled to yours but all seven people I know with Playbooks love them. Also, the e-mail thing is kinda silly to me. I use bridge, which is awesome, but even people without BB phones could check their gmail or whatever web-based e-mail form day one. There were apps preloaded for that.

At 199.00 the Playbook is an absolute steal. I got another one for my sister. Video chat is awesome and there is a AV website that allows video chat with three people, even if they don't have Playbooks. So, I'm very happy with mine. It is an EPIC WIN for me.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 11-30-11 at 09:39 AM.
    11-30-11 09:36 AM
    Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge bb supporter and love my torch....it does everything I need.

IMO RIM absolutely blew it with the non-functionality of the bridge apps though
    11-30-11 09:40 AM
    All valid points - they playbook does many things very well; unfortunately just not the things I need.

The playbook was marketed as a business device utilizing the bridge apps to do so. They're missing even the most basic functionality.

The bridge apps are an epic fail IMO, not the playbook as a whole.

The bridge app works great for me and it has saved me $50.00 bucks per month since I purchased my Playbook.

I don't understand how people look at the Playbook and find some, in some cases a minor thing and leap into a conclusion like EPIC FAIL.

The Playbook is awesome.

Better specs than the iPad2 all around. Cameras, speakers, processor, great size.

Secure. The iPad2 does not have government security credentials for a reason.

Fantastic UI. Swipe rocks! My three year old can use it.

Full flash web browsing. It will matter for the next few years. Flash isn't gone. The

Playbook supports both Flash and HTML5. Best for now and future.

Awesome apps and more coming every day. Great apps too.

The only EPIC FAIL I see is for the suckers that purchase a $600.00 dollar tablet that is restricting the functionality of many popular apps when they could buy three Playbooks for the same price.

Just my view. You are obviously entitled to yours but all seven people I know with Playbooks love them. Also, the e-mail thing is kinda silly to me. I use bridge, which is awesome, but even people without BB phones could check their gmail or whatever web-based e-mail form day one. There were apps preloaded for that.

At 199.00 the Playbook is an absolute steal. I got another one for my sister. Video chat is awesome and there is a AV website that allows video chat with three people, even if they don't have Playbooks. So, I'm very happy with mine. It is an EPIC WIN for me.
    11-30-11 09:44 AM
    The Bridge Apps are definitely not mirror images of the actual bbphone apps. The Calendar app is similarly limited and not as flexible. You canNOT use Group contacts in sending emails.
    razvansky likes this.
    11-30-11 10:38 AM
    The bridge works very well for me. Yes, the calendar would be better with an agenda view. But then I can use PhoneRemote to check the calendar on my phone....
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-30-11 11:01 AM
    Glass half-full not half-empty
    11-30-11 11:28 AM
    Yes the pb is a fail and we here can not get enough of new posters saying so.

I suggest you take your loss for not doing enough research and get rid of it and go buy what you should have in the first place.
    11-30-11 11:35 AM
    I agree that the bridge apps are lacking. I am a heavy task user and the inability to sort them was a major surprise and dissapointment.

Also, the functionality of bbm is shockingly bad. Notifications do not clear properly and the overall experience is choppy and slow.

With that said, the PB was/is not an epic fail. I fully expect most of these problems to be addressed.
    11-30-11 01:04 PM
    The bridge works very well for me. Yes, the calendar would be better with an agenda view. But then I can use PhoneRemote to check the calendar on my phone....
    Phone Remote is the way to go. They just did an update and it works like a dream.. My whole phone,, right there on my PB! Who'd a thunk?
    11-30-11 01:13 PM
    The App World apps are even worse, Adobe AIR is terrible.
    11-30-11 01:14 PM
    The App World apps are even worse, Adobe AIR is terrible.
    ....I never worry about piling on, even when completely off topic....lol

Bridge apps are neat, but need more functionality in future updates. It does feel a bit odd that apps on a device with the size and power of the PB are missing capabilities that are on a phone. I've only had my PB for a week, but noticed in the first few minutes that I couldn't mark "private" appointments on the calendar, for example.

Hopefully with version 2.0.
    11-30-11 01:39 PM
    Phone Remote is the way to go. They just did an update and it works like a dream.. My whole phone,, right there on my PB! Who'd a thunk?
    What settings do you have?
    11-30-11 01:46 PM
    Would like to learn more about this app.
    11-30-11 01:49 PM
    Would like to learn more about this app. Only works on Wifi, right?
    11-30-11 01:51 PM
    I see the thumbs up threads are being countered with thumbs down threads lol
    At least be original.

Bridge is awesome and everyone knows it. Nice try. Apple fears the playbook.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-30-11 at 02:23 PM.
    11-30-11 02:05 PM
    Would like to learn more about this app. Only works on Wifi, right?
    No, not wifi.... bluetooth Yes wifi connection with PB and BB.

Hey, I'm blonde and even run with scissors! Sorry for this.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 11-30-11 at 02:20 PM.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    11-30-11 02:08 PM
    No, not wifi.... bluetooth connection with PB and BB.
    actually the other way around - wifi only for now bluetooth will come.

It is very amazing to see your phone and be able to control it - especially when its charging or in another room. or you lost it lol
    11-30-11 02:11 PM
    What settings do you have?
    Bluetooth Wifi connection from BB to PB. When you are in the advanced settings, it suggest different settings and says to experiment. Right now I have 20, 20, 3072 and got it working. Later I will try bumping up the chunk size to see how far I can go.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 11-30-11 at 02:19 PM.
    11-30-11 02:15 PM
    actually the other way around - wifi only for now bluetooth will come.

It is very amazing to see your phone and be able to control it - especially when its charging or in another room. or you lost it lol
    Correct.... I got it backarsewards.. Thanks for the catch!!
    11-30-11 02:18 PM
    Wow I'm hearing a lot of hate for the playbook oh well I can't wait til I get mines in a couple of days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-11 02:23 PM
    No, not wifi.... bluetooth Yes wifi connection with PB and BB.

Hey, I'm blonde and even run with scissors! Sorry for this.
    that's ok I understand the blonde thing- I have the same affliction.

All I can say is that if one person in half a million thinks bridge is an EPIC FAIL then they ain't seen nothing yet.

Looking forward to thumbtyping on a REAL phone keyboard using the keyboard as a remote - sounds like a fail - then using the PB as a speaker phone - FAIL
    Bluetooth control of playbook using phone - bluetooth control of phone using playbook...

RIM really has a headstart on this - especially considerating that they apple will have to bite the bullet and put a real keyboard on the iphone.

Or will it be "siri!" type on the ipad for me....I cant reach it.

Apple fears the phone bridge.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-30-11 at 02:32 PM.
    11-30-11 02:24 PM
    Bluetooth Wifi connection from BB to PB. When you are in the advanced settings, it suggest different settings and says to experiment. Right now I have 20, 20, 3072 and got it working. Later I will try bumping up the chunk size to see how far I can go.
    What is your quility of stream...

I use to have 30% and it was a little laggy but not bad... Since the upgrade it's almost un-useable. Clock spins on phone and it tales MINUTES to update... I will try your settings.

Also - On Topic:

When there is native email, I will NOT use it... I love not having my email (etc) on the phone!
    11-30-11 02:53 PM
    I just set up the phone remote app. Pretty cool. It was only $3.
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-30-11 02:58 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD