Filtering would be nice. View any app, and access a set of choices:

1. hide all apps by same vendor
    2. hide all apps by same vendor in same category
    3. ? other ideas?
    02-08-12 09:35 PM
    I don't think it's actually the idea of the books (puzzles/cartoons/offline maps etc) themselves that's the problem - yes most of the books are available free from gutteburg and the like blah blah, and the folder of books post, I can understand how that might be prefferable to someusers...
    It's the sheer numbers that swamp the newest releases section tht's the problem. Catching the odd good release between pages of these and Handster releases (99.9% rubbish too) is impossible. Need an advanced search or preferences with the ability to filter out ctegories or devs as we like... and quickly (fingers crossed for the new appworld).
    Now about handster, i am in full agreement, everything i have seen has been garbage from handster.
    02-11-12 02:11 PM
    Also, who's the developer who keeps flooding appworld with offline maps? that one bugs me too, especially when it fills up the "new apps" section with just those
    02-11-12 02:35 PM
    Also, who's the developer who keeps flooding appworld with offline maps? that one bugs me too, especially when it fills up the "new apps" section with just those
    Good point, thou those are a bit more on the usefull side...
    02-11-12 03:07 PM
    I keep hoping some OS change makes these morons need to re-release their entire app line :P
    02-11-12 04:21 PM
    I keep hoping some OS change makes these morons need to re-release their entire app line :P
    That comment was so devious and yet... so sweet. ^^
    02-11-12 07:20 PM
    Does anyone think that whoever is in charge of the App Store actually cares?

Personally I don't think they do.
    02-11-12 07:34 PM
    The books are mostly out of copyright, are the cartoons though? Potential copyright violation?
    02-11-12 09:52 PM
    I used to like going to AppWorld. Now I rarely go there, because I know it full of crap.

I'm sure RIM will sort them into eBooks, Jigsaws etc. I hope they also keep them out of the "Whats New" category or it will remain useless.
    02-11-12 10:16 PM
    Hey Phill!

So, what do you call Kobo and 7digital? It's probably all about getting and agreement from RIM...

It can be done and really, I think all parties would benefit from it. Just imagine that unlikely 1% that trully want and does buy their content ending up with tens of thousands icons...
    As I've come to understand it, RIM went out of their way to get those services onto the Playbook for marketing/completeness. I doubt RIM will do the same for books ect. I see them just quarentining it from the rest of app world.

And as many others have posted.. it does make it much harder searching through app world with all of that junk on there.
    02-12-12 10:35 AM
    All about the Fluff right now, my 12 year old down loads it and I spend the next day deleting it. I think I will get her the 16gb PB reconditioned one from best buys to save my sanity
    02-12-12 11:59 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD