Seriously WTF...they are cloberring the whole new apps page. Can't anyone in RIM freaking see that. The apps in th playbook is not the best in the world, but seriously I don't want to see the lamest books by this app developer taking space in 20 out of the 25 new apps day after day.
    How hard is to fix this ? How the **** does RIM expect the playbook to succeed without apps. And if new apps are hidden because of ******** books being shown up as single apps hope are people going to know what new apps are there, and how are the good apps going to sell if people can't even see them.
    C'mon is their no QA. Doesn't anyone in RIM use the playbook? Seriously RIM needs to take its head out of where it has put it and fix these.
    FF22 and JosephRuff like this.
    10-08-11 09:07 AM
    Aren't the books new apps? Your point is mute if you look at it this way. Also, if you are looking at app world then you own a playbook and RIM has already won. Digi deserves to be there just like any other app submitted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-11 09:52 AM
    Your point is mute if you look at it this way.
    The phrase is "your point is moot", not mute.

I am inclined to agree with bb.pl - ideally I'd like to see books not sold as apps but as book through Kobo or some other reading-specific marketplace. They are in fact completely clobbering actual applications that only get a very short time to shine on the "front page" of the marketplace.

A relatively quick solution could be realized in adding a fifth tab called "Newest Books" or something along those lines in App World, and excluding them from "Newest". I'm going to see who I can contact at RIM to pitch this.
    10-08-11 10:57 AM
    Aren't the books new apps? Your point is mute if you look at it this way. Also, if you are looking at app world then you own a playbook and RIM has already won. Digi deserves to be there just like any other app submitted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If a book is a new app kindle fire with debut with a million app..
    10-08-11 02:18 PM
    I agree with the OP:
    the 'books' should be kept as a separate category in both the "NEW" tab and also the "APP" tab.
    Whether RIM appWorld will count the books as a true 'app' is really only for accounting purposes.

IMO:
    a book is a "book" and an 'application that does something', like an e-book reader, is an "app"

I have never looked, how does Apple 'count' these kind of item???
    Are some of their 450,000 apps really 'books'?
    Last edited by mandony; 10-08-11 at 09:20 PM.
    10-08-11 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD