In the past, I have sideloaded using DDPB, Hatax's batch file and BBHtools, but today, it is a no go...

I had installed the android player on 1.0.6... and successfully used it. Upgraded to 1.0.7... and recently to the 2.0 beta.

Yesterday when the android functionality was revealed, I sideloaded the rdp app, but it didn't function due to the past android player load.

I did a security wipe and am now back to 2.0, but I can't seem to sideload anything.

On DDPB it says done, but no icons appear. (DDPB does detect the IP address)
    With Hatax's batch, it says error: peer not authenticated
    And with BBHTools, it says unable to connect to Playbook successfully.

I have turned Development mode on/off, changed passwords, changed ip addresses, re-installed Java,.....

Does anybody have a suggestion, or has seen this issue in the past?

Thanks,
    Rob
    10-20-11 10:19 PM
    I'm actually having the same problem. I tried to take it a step further to see if the PB would be recognized with the Desktop Software and it gave me an error message. Attached is the error that I got. The battery has a full charge, just doesn't seem like it is recognizing it anymore. If I open up windows explorer while the USB is plugged in, it doesn't recognize a new device. I have not clue what to do now?!?
    10-20-11 10:53 PM
    that happened to me after I did the de-brick method but everything worked fine after a security wipe, so maybe you can try another security wipe
    10-20-11 11:03 PM
    I did try a security wipe, but I can definitely try again. When you did the security wipe, did it reload 2.0 right away or did it go back to the 1.X version?
    10-20-11 11:05 PM
    I did try a security wipe, but I can definitely try again. When you did the security wipe, did it reload 2.0 right away or did it go back to the 1.X version?

When I did mine I reloaded 2.0 and than the Droid player worked. Loading was easy.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    10-20-11 11:19 PM
    same as trsbbs
    10-20-11 11:25 PM
    I also had to do a wipe because of having the leaked android player .....post wipe I still can not get the apps to load or android player to install ......any help out there?
    10-21-11 12:09 AM
    I goes back to 1.0 and then updates to 1.7 on set up and then you need to get the beta 2.0 again so its kind of a process and even after all that I still have not run not one android app on my playbook .
    10-21-11 12:13 AM
    awesome no response to our problem
    10-21-11 11:03 AM
    In the past, I have sideloaded using DDPB, Hatax's batch file and BBHtools, but today, it is a no go...

I had installed the android player on 1.0.6... and successfully used it. Upgraded to 1.0.7... and recently to the 2.0 beta.

Yesterday when the android functionality was revealed, I sideloaded the rdp app, but it didn't function due to the past android player load.

I did a security wipe and am now back to 2.0, but I can't seem to sideload anything.

On DDPB it says done, but no icons appear. (DDPB does detect the IP address)
    With Hatax's batch, it says error: peer not authenticated
    And with BBHTools, it says unable to connect to Playbook successfully.

I have turned Development mode on/off, changed passwords, changed ip addresses, re-installed Java,.....

Does anybody have a suggestion, or has seen this issue in the past?

Thanks,
    Rob
    Did you get a fix ?
    10-21-11 11:03 AM
    Yesterday I did a security wipe of the Beta 2.0 because I was having issues. When I did, I was left with only the browser icon and Setup. I finally reloaded 1.0.7 and am now back on the Beta but I am having the same problem above with sideloading. I am really hesitant to Security wipe again! It seems some have had no issue, but it took FOREVER to get back to this beta.
    10-21-11 11:29 AM
    Ok so I did the security wipe and I got my PB finally back to workable conditions again. My computer recognizes it when I plug in. Now when I turn on development mode, plug into my computer and run the BBHT tool, if you click the device info button, it tells me that it is "Unable to connect to PlayBook successfully."

I can't figure out why. I turned on the development mode. The IP address matches. I tried to turn off the WIFI to see if that made a difference but it doesn't seem to want to work. Is there a step I'm missing?

Added a picture of the error from BBHT.
    Last edited by dspiteri; 10-21-11 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Adding error from BBHT Tool
    10-21-11 12:19 PM
    Yesterday I did a security wipe of the Beta 2.0 because I was having issues. When I did, I was left with only the browser icon and Setup. I finally reloaded 1.0.7 and am now back on the Beta but I am having the same problem above with sideloading. I am really hesitant to Security wipe again! It seems some have had no issue, but it took FOREVER to get back to this beta.
    I had the same issue. I did another security wipe and I got all of the icons back.
    10-21-11 12:21 PM
    Ok so I did the security wipe and I got my PB finally back to workable conditions again. My computer recognizes it when I plug in. Now when I turn on development mode, plug into my computer and run the BBHT tool, if you click the device info button, it tells me that it is "Unable to connect to PlayBook successfully."

I can't figure out why. I turned on the development mode. The IP address matches. I tried to turn off the WIFI to see if that made a difference but it doesn't seem to want to work. Is there a step I'm missing?

Added a picture of the error from BBHT.
    The ip adress is the second one...something like 192.168.x.x im using DDPB installer.
    Last edited by lucian777; 10-21-11 at 12:54 PM.
    10-21-11 12:50 PM
    The ip adress is the second one...something like 192.168.x.x im using DDPB installer.
    Are you using that via WIFI or connected via USB? When I turned off WIFI, the 2nd ip address went away.
    10-21-11 01:15 PM
    Did you get a fix ?
    I did a security wipe and after updating to 2.0, sideloading the android app works great.
    10-21-11 01:18 PM
    Nice work X.

Unfortunately I still can't figure out why I can't connect my PB to the BBHT tool
    10-21-11 01:38 PM
    I have done 3 security wipes now and my icons have not come back yet. Am I missing something? I always boot back up with 2.0......
    10-21-11 01:47 PM
    Finally..... For some reason BBHT is not working for me, but DDPB did!!!! YEAH, finally some android apps.
    10-21-11 01:52 PM
    I have done 3 security wipes now and my icons have not come back yet. Am I missing something? I always boot back up with 2.0......
    I tried so many things I don't even remember what worked. I did a few security wipes, I think I even did something where I plugged in and opened up DM and it said there was an update so I let it go through that....

Sorry that probably isn't helpful but I think I tried like 5 times before I finally got everything working.
    lurker82 likes this.
    10-21-11 01:53 PM
    I had the same issue...

Updated to beta,
    Has issues downgraded,
    Lost all icons,
    1.0.7 reinstall,
    Upgrade to beta but nothing sideloading...
    I just did a security wipe once again and it had a 117mb update for me... Which is the andriod player I think, unfortunately don't have good enough wifi to confirm it will work fine now but that's my guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 07:23 PM
    Since upgrading to 2.0 I have not been able to connect to Desktop Manager, or side load apps using DDPB

I have tried the following, all with no change in the situation:

1. Security Wipe, Go back to version 1.07, then upgrade to 2.0 (I've done this twice)

2. After upgrade to 2.0 select Update from DM, which of course just reapplies the 2.0 update.

Still unable to side load apps though I can access files via wifi

I am on Windows 7 64 bit, but I don't think it's my PC as both DM and Side Loading was working fine under 1.07.

Thinking I'm going to downgrade until the next release
    10-24-11 04:06 PM
    It's a sad day when no one can help out people that are having trouble with this I to can't get any apps to work since the update nothing will run at all and what's even worse is that they post on crackberry news that you can still do it. On 2.0 you would think someone would help out smh
    02-23-12 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD