as far as i can tell there is no save feature other than the ingame saves. and i'm using os 1.8
    Well, I kinda works and kinda not. Basically I was playing Shadowrun and I can save while playing and even load up saved games. But if I quit the program, they are gone. Even tried switching roms before quitting.
    02-08-12 02:16 PM
    Has anyone encountered a game that does not "fit" the playbook? particularly shinobi 3??... meaning that the images don't line up to fit the playbook screen...in the 1st level of shinobi 3 all you can see are the leaves of the trees up top, you can't see your character or characters even though you can hear and move them. basically the screen needs to move down to see what you are doing.

i thought that it was a bad rom but i've downloaded it several times from several sources and it's the same thing...anyone else with this or any other game? solution?
    02-08-12 02:30 PM
    I believe this has to do with the order that textures are rendered on the screen. Objects that are meant for the background are rendering in the foreground on top of other textures. I have seen this on other games but not that badly. Does anyone know if this was a problem on Dgen?

It might be a good idea to grab a screenshot with the + and - buttons when you see things like this.
    02-09-12 04:16 PM
    I believe this has to do with the order that textures are rendered on the screen. Objects that are meant for the background are rendering in the foreground on top of other textures. I have seen this on other games but not that badly. Does anyone know if this was a problem on Dgen?

It might be a good idea to grab a screenshot with the + and - buttons when you see things like this.
    it's possible but i don't see it as texture rendering seeing as how in the title screen the curser selection doesn't line up with what you're actually selecting. and in the opening sequence telling the story, it appears the screen should pan down but doesn't. it just shows an off centered shot of the moon. and once you start the very 1st level you can't see anything you are doing but you can certainly control everything... on the other hand, if you let the game play it's demo, it looks just fine.
    02-09-12 06:42 PM
    can some one sticky the link for the 2.0 beta bar file for dgen emulator and also can some one post a sticky for roms for the snes simulator that work and that are in smc format all i can find are rar formats for them and i cant convert them to smc and also how do you change the games in the dgen simulator i got sonic to work but i cant switch to the next game smh
    02-11-12 10:42 AM
    can some one sticky the link for the 2.0 beta bar file for dgen emulator and also can some one post a sticky for roms for the snes simulator that work and that are in smc format all i can find are rar formats for them and i cant convert them to smc and also how do you change the games in the dgen simulator i got sonic to work but i cant switch to the next game smh
    We aren't allowed to post the links to roms here, but if you do a google search, you can easily find them. The .rar files are just the roms compressed into a .rar format. You can use a program like winrar to decompress it, the .smc files should be in the folder you decompressed it to.

To change games in the dgen simulator, press the icon at the top left of the screen.
    02-11-12 02:48 PM
    @froggyface

I can't thank you enough for your hard work. All of your emulator ports/projects are great! I have bookmarked your website and make it a daily habit now to check your news Amazing how perfect these emulators are (in emulation). Most of them certainly do not need much, except of course a method of selecting roms as opposed to a cycler (takes a long time to cycle to the "S"'s when you have 100+ roms on there!) so hopefully that'll come in the future. Just an idea...

Again, thanks for some of the best apps for my beloved Playbook!
    02-12-12 10:44 AM

Nevermind, I see that for 0S 2 beta, 1.0.0.2 is recommended, HOWEVER, that didn't work for me so I installed 1.0.0.4 on top, and now it works fine.
    Last edited by Icarus3000; 02-12-12 at 11:18 AM.
    02-12-12 10:53 AM
    Would this work with Sega Master System ROMs?
    02-12-12 11:39 AM
    Where to get the app icon for this emulator and what folder does it get added to ? I'm running OS1 with dgen-1_0_0_4.bar Other than that I have no problems whatsoever playing the smd and bin files that i have for this emulator
    02-12-12 02:44 PM
    Would this work with Sega Master System ROMs?
    doubt it; this is a genesis/megadrive emulator...i would think you would need a master system emulator for that.
    02-21-12 01:25 PM
    Where to get the app icon for this emulator and what folder does it get added to ? I'm running OS1 with dgen-1_0_0_4.bar Other than that I have no problems whatsoever playing the smd and bin files that i have for this emulator
    well, i don't how it did it but after upgrading to the 2.0 os the icon appeared. it says DGEN in the old blue sega font....if you upgraded and still don't have it i would try another playbook reboot.
    sighfun likes this.
    02-21-12 01:28 PM
    Has anyone encountered a game that does not "fit" the playbook? particularly shinobi 3??... meaning that the images don't line up to fit the playbook screen...in the 1st level of shinobi 3 all you can see are the leaves of the trees up top, you can't see your character or characters even though you can hear and move them. basically the screen needs to move down to see what you are doing.

i thought that it was a bad rom but i've downloaded it several times from several sources and it's the same thing...anyone else with this or any other game? solution?
    Anyone? Bueller??
    03-01-12 10:29 PM
    Anyone managed to get Desert Strike working? Have an .smd that just shuts the emu down as soon as it's launched (both vers) and a .bin that starts fine, intro and settings etc look great, but when you go to start the game it freezes with a weird graphic mess...? Would love to get this working.
    03-02-12 12:05 AM
    This emulator does nothing at all for me. I feel like an . Are there exact instructions anywhere, step by step? I see a pixelated green-ish screen for a second and then it closes. Help is appreciated!
    03-02-12 12:58 AM
    is anyone elses DGEN crashing only when u have a rom in the folder? if so how do you fix it. thanks
    OS 7971

also deleted the dirs deleted dgen rebooted and installed the os1 version

Dgen will boot aslong as i have no roms in the smd folder so I dunno what to do now?
    Last edited by artemis17; 03-02-12 at 02:15 AM.
    03-02-12 01:12 AM
    I sideloaded VBAMpb and FCEUXpb and both crash. I can open neither of them. What is the fix for this?
    03-03-12 02:22 AM
    I installed using DDPB installer. No directories were created like when i installed the SNES emulator. I then read this thread and created a misc/roms/smd folder. The games now load great (tested two). How do I get the games to save? I might be missing something but i don't see a save state button. any ideas?
    03-03-12 06:33 PM
    Can someone please show/make a video on how to use this emulator on my PB. I have downloaded it on my PB. Not sure where to get the games/Roms and how do I install them
    03-12-12 04:52 PM
    Can someone please show/make a video on how to use this emulator on my PB. I have downloaded it on my PB. Not sure where to get the games/Roms and how do I install them
    hmm, did you actually read through the 1st few pages of this thread? cause it's all there.... anyhow, you get the roms by google or bing or any other search engine you prefer by actually typing "roms for said emulator" (not literally). you'll find the video you are looking for here... http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-694062/
    03-14-12 12:18 AM
    Hello, first of all I want to thank you for giving us sega genesis on our playbooks!!! but I would like to ask for help on how to make the x,y,z buttons work. I am trying to play street fighter and I can only use the three main buttons.
    Thank you!!!
    03-29-12 08:39 PM
    Can I use Sega master System (8bit) roms on this emu?
    03-30-12 12:02 AM
    Can I use Sega master System (8bit) roms on this emu?
    i don't believe you can; there are separate roms and a separate emulator for that...you can however use megadrive roms (japanese genesis) on this emulator....

STILL waiting to see if anyone else is experiencing the glitch in which certain roms don't fit on the screen; or rather the screen isn't scaled down to size making the game unplayable...(i.e. 1st level of shinobi 3)
    03-31-12 03:24 AM
    Hello, first of all I want to thank you for giving us sega genesis on our playbooks!!! but I would like to ask for help on how to make the x,y,z buttons work. I am trying to play street fighter and I can only use the three main buttons.
    Thank you!!!
    your question was addressed a few pages back but as far as i can tell, they haven't implemented the use of those buttons...just yet...favorite this thread and check for updates.
    03-31-12 03:27 AM
    I'm playing Contra 4 right now, but the game is TOTALLY messed up..... the level isn't rendering correctly.
    Hopefully this can get fixed some day soon. Awesome work though.
    My experience has been that contra 4 has never worked right with the emulators. It is an issue with the rom.
    04-09-12 10:47 AM
115 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD