check here if you are having any trouble, easy video guides
    videos how to install emulators on playbook
    02-02-12 01:29 PM
    boooooo i remember now that Story of Thor ROMs always get you a message like 'Only for use with French PAL or SECAM Megadrive system (-SECAM seriously did not think i would see that word in 2012)

booooo only the Japanese one works and Story of Thor is one of the two games (along with Soleil) which makes Genesis/MD worth it

:-(
    02-02-12 03:22 PM
    I figured out why it wasn't working...it turns out that I wasn't using the right rom and once I found it, everything works now.

Thanks again for everyone's response

boooooo i remember now that Story of Thor ROMs always get you a message like 'Only for use with French PAL or SECAM Megadrive system (-SECAM seriously did not think i would see that word in 2012)

booooo only the Japanese one works and Story of Thor is one of the two games (along with Soleil) which makes Genesis/MD worth it

:-(
    What rom are you using? I was using the Beyond Oasis roms and it seems to work fine for me.
    02-02-12 04:21 PM
    I figured out why it wasn't working...it turns out that I wasn't using the right rom and once I found it, everything works now.

What rom are you using? I was using the Beyond Oasis roms and it seems to work fine for me.
    Massive update, rom cycling, special fx buttons and other goodies ... It also doesn't magically exit if you have no roms ... OS1 (v1.0.0.4) and OS2(v1.0.0.2) packages available. Don't worry about the version numbers content is the same ... just know 1.0.0.2 is for OS2 and 1.0.0.4 is for OS1.
    Details below ...
    froggyface
    Last edited by froggyface; 02-02-12 at 06:50 PM.
    j_fiore likes this.
    02-02-12 06:47 PM
    not creating the config file can you host it so i can use air browser to create it.....

or tell me what i am missing?

creates the roms folder but not dgen.cfg in misc/dgen
    02-02-12 08:07 PM
    okay reloaded still no file deleted all folders assosiated to dgen.... now opens runs... but ehen loading rom it now crashes.... figured it out was trying a .bin loaded a .smd works great
    02-02-12 08:36 PM
    Holy cow, how did I miss this thread. You guys are really making our playbook go from great to amazing. I can't think you enough for all the hard work you do and taking the time to bring us these emulators.
    02-02-12 08:50 PM
    Massive update, rom cycling, special fx buttons and other goodies ... It also doesn't magically exit if you have no roms ... OS1 (v1.0.0.4) and OS2(v1.0.0.2) packages available. Don't worry about the version numbers content is the same ... just know 1.0.0.2 is for OS2 and 1.0.0.4 is for OS1.
    Details below ...
    froggyface
    Hi Froggyface,

Great stuff you have here! I like all the work you have done with the emu's... I am sure there are many... Many more that don't post (as myself) and like these excellent achievements.

I am wondering if I have had a bad load... Games function excellent... Just missing desktop icon. I know it is an early build... I didn't worry for 1.0.0.1 as someone else had reported this.

Thanks again,

Jeep_YJ
    Last edited by Jeep_YJ; 02-03-12 at 01:50 AM.
    02-02-12 11:05 PM

Haha is that the name for the game used in the US... I'll check it out
    02-02-12 11:15 PM
    This is a really dumb question, but where do you get the actual ROMs from?
    02-03-12 12:22 AM
    This is a really dumb question, but where do you get the actual ROMs from?
    Hi Ahsomsid,

You might have some luck Googling "Genesis Roms"... The same would apply for any other system emulated in other threads.

Take care,

Jeep_YJ
    02-03-12 01:45 AM
    sweet! and there i was hoping for a genesis and neo-geo emulator in another thread!

i'll be trying this out tomorrow and report back... been dying to play shinobi 3.
    02-03-12 04:39 AM
    I'm so happy this finally happened, absolutely loved my megadrive! My playbook all of a sudden went from useful to uber-useful
    02-03-12 05:29 AM

Have a mirror?
    02-03-12 07:36 AM
    Haha is that the name for the game used in the US... I'll check it out
    Yes, in the US, the game is called Beyond Oasis and since there are several version of the rom available, I"m not sure which ones are going to work for you.

Details below ...
    froggyface
    Thanks froggyface for the new release. It's a lot better now since the white screen flash doesn't happen anymore

All that's missing now is the cfg file that doesn't get created when launching the emulator for the first time. I don't know how anybody else is getting the cfg file created when launching it and I'm now using the 2.0.0.7111 firmware (not sure if this matters).
    02-03-12 08:06 AM
    Yes, in the US, the game is called Beyond Oasis and since there are several version of the rom available, I"m not sure which ones are going to work for you.

Thanks froggyface for the new release. It's a lot better now since the white screen flash doesn't happen anymore

All that's missing now is the cfg file that doesn't get created when launching the emulator for the first time. I don't know how anybody else is getting the cfg file created when launching it and I'm now using the 2.0.0.7111 firmware (not sure if this matters).
    It doesn't create a .cfg file ... I will work something out I dont have an example but the docs for the 'dgenrc' file represent the dgen.cfg file that is parsed on startup in misc/dgen folder:

DGENRC
    j_fiore likes this.
    02-03-12 09:54 AM
    Hi Froggyface,

Great stuff you have here! I like all the work you have done with the emu's... I am sure there are many... Many more that don't post (as myself) and like these excellent achievements.

I am wondering if I have had a bad load... Games function excellent... Just missing desktop icon. I know it is an early build... I didn't worry for 1.0.0.1 as someone else had reported this.

Thanks again,

Jeep_YJ
    Sorry Froggyface, I have to repeat a post:

No amount of reloading seems to fix this... Anyone?

Jeep_YJ
    Last edited by Jeep_YJ; 02-03-12 at 10:53 AM.
    02-03-12 10:32 AM
    Something is wrong..I've managed to install the other Emus just fine..

This one fails to open..just closes as soon as i open it..i've tried making the smd folder in misc\roms, and trying .bins and .smds and .zips but none work..

also tried deleting and reinstalling the dgen program, but no luck
    02-03-12 11:17 AM

I am running the same firmware and ran into the same issue with an empty "dgen" folder. Creating a misc/rom/smd folder doesnt help either. The emulator starts up but thats all it does and since I dont have the cfg, Im sure thats the issue. Is there any way someone can upload or mirror their working cfg folder for the rest of us to copy?
    02-03-12 11:30 AM
    I am running the same firmware and ran into the same issue with an empty "dgen" folder. Creating a misc/rom/smd folder doesnt help either. The emulator starts up but thats all it does and since I dont have the cfg, Im sure thats the issue. Is there any way someone can upload or mirror their working cfg folder for the rest of us to copy?
    I guess I have the same problem too (read above) and im on .6149, dingled.

Actually I dont even have a dgen folder..
    02-03-12 11:32 AM
    hi guys not sure what you are doing wrong but I am running OS beta 2.0.0.7111 as well and installed the bar file for OS2. Everything works flawlessly
    02-03-12 11:36 AM
    please port a gba emu please please please!!!!!!
    02-03-12 11:37 AM
    It would be a shame to have to downgrade OS to be able to run this
    02-03-12 11:37 AM
    please port a gba emu please please please!!!!!!
    Its already done !

Vbam by froggy
    02-03-12 11:39 AM
    hi guys not sure what you are doing wrong but I am running OS beta 2.0.0.7111 as well and installed the bar file for OS2. Everything works flawlessly
    Hmmmmm.....I dont know how I could be doing anything wrong. The snes one ran flawlessly and still does. I used the DDBP to install the .bar file. Ran the dgen and in the bottom left says "no roms found!!!". Using air browser, in the "misc" file there is a "dgen" folder but its empty. Is yours empty or did yours install a cfg folder withing the dgen folder?
    02-03-12 11:41 AM
115 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD