I was just wondering what devs thought of the NDK?

How is the current state?

Will it offer an abundance of potential?
    09-03-11 04:30 AM
    Pretty much anything* is possible with the native SDK. Just need someone to port SDL and/or Qt to get the ball rolling. Then it's the simple matter of recompiling 1000s upon 1000s of opensource apps available.

It's missing the Playbook UI framework (Cascades) though. That'll come in final version I expect.

*Some things like USB OTG are not exposed yet due to there being no drivers.
    09-03-11 04:47 AM
    QNX was doing a driver recruitment back in Feb of this year. So hopefully they have extensive driver support lined up!

Current Job Openings

Is it RIM that has to bring SDL and Qt?

I remember Dan Dodge . QNX' CEO stating last year at DevCon , "you're gonna see things with QNX (BB's) that you've never seen before". I'm curious to know what he means by that?....but I'm thrilled and I trust him.
    09-03-11 04:55 AM
    Anyone can bring SDL and Qt. Today even.

QNX already has SDL and Qt ported to it. So it shouldn't be too hard. Just need to be recompiled for ARM and support the new window manager, libscreen.

All the SDL binaries I see are x86. If someone can recompile for armlev7, that'd be great. Thanks.
    09-03-11 06:44 AM
    In its current state the NDK has heavy NDAs attached to it, so you'd probably get more luck asking in private or attempting to sign up :-)
    09-03-11 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD