So I have no real history in programming, but I've heard that developping for the QNX system isn't too bad. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to actually make apps? I might try it out as an after-work project and see what I can learn and come up with. Any tips of what the best way to learn is? Tricks? Guides?
    Is it all text based programming?
    Hopefully I can get the hang of it and someday come out with something cool.
    12-14-11 01:55 PM
    So I have no real history in programming, but I've heard that developping for the QNX system isn't too bad. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to actually make apps? I might try it out as an after-work project and see what I can learn and come up with. Any tips of what the best way to learn is? Tricks? Guides?
    Is it all text based programming?
    Hopefully I can get the hang of it and someday come out with something cool.
    There is no doubt that you can someday create some beautiful code but given that you have no programming experience at all, it is far too soon to give you tips ,tricks etc. The first thing you need to know is that you cannot learn to code by asking questions first and expecting things to fall into place. The only way to get started is to realize that Google is your very best friend. Do a quick search for words like "html", "JavaScript", "tutorial" and "getting started guide". Then roll up your sleeves and get started!

One programming language is pretty much like another and it is "easy" to start creating web apps using the tools that I describe above. If you really are serious about development you will happen upon advanced concepts like "object oriented programming" and "client-server cloud computing" and other neat stuff as you become fully immersed in your projects. You will also discover nifty Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) that allow you to develop graphical user interfaces with a minimum amount actual coding.

But for now the best advice I can give you is to start at the beginning and be prepared to work hard. That's what I did many years ago and as far as I know it's still the only way to go.
    12-14-11 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD