I'm trying to code with Qt for Playbook using Qt Creator, can't wait for BB10 on PB to use Qt so I'm rolling my own. I've read a bunch of stuff at the Qt-project.org website and official BB developer forum. Right now I'm compiling Qt 4.8.3 on ARM and Qt Simulator on x86, all on an OS X machine.

I'm not sure how to add a Blackberry output target for Qt Creator though. Anyone here have experience with developing and deploying Qt on Playbook?
    04-06-13 08:17 AM
    xSacha is the Qt master. You might want to re-post this in the BB10 Dev area
    04-06-13 10:13 AM
    I was just about to post the same thing jeroen_13

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:36 AM
    Finally figured it out but my goodness, having to compile your own toolchain for Playbook development makes RIM look downright lazy! Maybe I'll write a Howto when I'm done.

What I had to do:

Get the OS 2.1 NDK
    Get signing keys
    Compile Qt 4.8.3 for ARM Playbook architecture
    Compile Qt simulator
    Integrate Playbook BAR packing and signing into Qt Creator

I'm still trying to get Qt Simulator working with the Momentics IDE.

I guess they wanted developers to use Adobe AIR for most apps and native C++ for the rest. A lot of Playbook Qt development done by RIM ended up stalled as they shifted to BB10. I'm using some Symbian QML components right now because they look good compared to drawing generic rectangles/mouseareas but a backport of BB10 Cascades components to PBOS could be interesting.
    04-07-13 05:35 AM
    Here's a look at my notes app for Playbook. It uses Qt/QML for the UI and logic, Sqlite for the database. You can save notes by categories and searching is very fast.

It's based on my Symbian app at Github: QNotes. The Symbian UI components ported over easily and work well with the Playbook virtual keyboard. Right now I've locked it to landscape orientation only. Once it's ready, I'll release it under GPL

Developing for Playbook with Qt Creator-img_00000136.jpgDeveloping for Playbook with Qt Creator-img_00000138.jpgDeveloping for Playbook with Qt Creator-img_00000137.jpg
    Kandoo-BB, pttptppt and jeroen_13 like this.
    04-14-13 12:09 PM
    Bringing up an old thread, any devs on here who have successfully compiled BB10 Cascades for PlayBook? Either using the Tablet OS 2.1 NDK, BB10 NDK, Qt Creator or doing everything by hand.
    jeroen_13 likes this.
    07-28-13 07:42 AM
    Bringing up an old thread, any devs on here who have successfully compiled BB10 Cascades for PlayBook? Either using the Tablet OS 2.1 NDK, BB10 NDK, Qt Creator or doing everything by hand.
    I'd also like to build apps in cascades for the playbook

Sent from my HTC Sensation using CB Forums mobile app
    08-02-13 09:44 AM
    I managed to do this with an old version of the NDK, 10.0.4. See this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb-10-d...aybook-833125/

The problem is that it's an old version and BBRY might not allow people to distribute these apps via App World. If you don't mind sideloading...
    08-03-13 07:42 AM