I've recently signed up to build the official app for an organization I volunteer with, and while I can make an offline app that shows all the same information as the website does, I would rather have one that updates as the website does. In other words, I'd like to be able to load the app, go to the blogs section, see all the new blogs, and then open one. Right now all I know how to do is offline development, i.e. I could make a blogs page, and then add the blogs, and then a page for each individual blog, but this is a much less efficient system.

For example of what I'm thinking of, obviously apps like youtube or imdb have a template for each video or movie's page, so that you can look something up and grab all the info from the internet, and the app will put it together into it's default template.

I need to be able to do this, at the very least with blogs. I can make everything else on the app offline, but with blogs, if I could open the app, see the new ones, and then open them from within the app, rather than actually having to build a whole new page to display it, that would be perfect.
    04-26-12 02:51 PM
    04-26-12 03:07 PM
    Thanks, but that's not exactly what I'm looking for.
    04-26-12 05:14 PM
    You need to give your app permissions to access internet and point to external pages. Just link them in as if they are part of the local html. Then make javascript to check status of pageload to give a popup saying you need internet access to view blogs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    04-26-12 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD