for all you developers wanting to have a play with the NDK for the PlayBook, heres your chance to get in on the action, there is now a signup opportunity to get your hands on the blosed beta of the NDK

Apply to participate in the Native SDK for BlackBerry Tablet OS Closed Beta! BlackBerry Developer's Blog
    08-24-11 11:16 AM
    Was just looking at it, seems like its for game developers only?

Hope there not screening...
    08-24-11 11:27 AM
    Was just looking at it, seems like its for game developers only?

Hope there not screening...
    i dont see games mentioned specifically anywhere?
    08-24-11 11:33 AM
    "The BlackBerry Native SDK for Tablet OS provides game developers with a native C/C++ mobile development environment."

While it is the optimal way to create a game, I wonder why they only highlight game development and not mention application development.

Meh, might still apply and get it working...
    08-24-11 12:05 PM
    "The BlackBerry Native SDK for Tablet OS provides game developers with a native C/C++ mobile development environment."

While it is the optimal way to create a game, I wonder why they only highlight game development and not mention application development.

Meh, might still apply and get it working...
    ah yea lol, but also

QNX Momentics is designed to provide you with a safe, secure, and powerful environment to quickly and efficiently build applications for the BlackBerry Tablet OS.
    so thats apps too, or just being generic lol
    08-24-11 12:18 PM
    There is probably no UI package available other than Open GL ES, which may mean there are (for example) no native "widgets" and such provided. For games, which build their own UI entirely from scratch, that's fine. For some app authors, trying to compete with AIR apps may be difficult with the first release.
    parabola likes this.
    08-24-11 04:33 PM
    There is probably no UI package available other than Open GL ES, which may mean there are (for example) no native "widgets" and such provided. For games, which build their own UI entirely from scratch, that's fine. For some app authors, trying to compete with AIR apps may be difficult with the first release.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I want to cry
    08-24-11 06:50 PM
    Agreed, might be more work than it's worth. Hoping TAT adds some UI elements that give developers the options to do some amazing things!
    08-25-11 10:22 AM
    The videochat app is all native code. It's not the worst looking thing in the world.
    08-25-11 04:15 PM
    Signed up. Be interested to see how much this NDK caters to low-level development and if more high-level developers like myself will find it hard to learn.
    08-25-11 05:02 PM
    Hopefully soon, I'm just dying to get my hands on the NDK and start pumping out some 2&3D games
    08-25-11 07:34 PM
    I'm seriously considering learning how to code. The idea of thousands downloading and hopefully enjoying something I've created would make me happy lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-26-11 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD