Oh, with release sometime in SUMMER, mirroring Rim's releases?
    If I released at their schedule, you would have gotten the Android market about a week before the PlayBook 2 would launch. And maybe the video while the PB was on it's deathbed.

i submitted a simple material calculator and it was approved in 2 days.

IT is all in the content.

mine was VERY simple. I just wanted to play with webworks
    I remembered seeing your app hit app world and mine hadn't even gotten past the "Waiting on test house" phase. I was glad to see you got such a quick approval, and it gave me incentive to write an email asking about the status. Still am glad you got that approved and got your feet wet with it all. I bet yours zipped through approval because it was webworks based, while mine was done in air. Less potential for a misbehaving app with webworks and probably a quicker approval process. Maybe even a different dept? Who knows...

HaTaX, check your private messages..

Sorry for the issues with RIM.

Tim
    Got it, thanks.

Really, how long can a company continue to have blunders on so many fronts? Software updates botched, check. Launch of first entry into market space without core functionality of competitors, check. Delayed launch of flagship product by 6 months, check. P1$$ing off developers that want to make apps for our products, check.

That list could get quite a bit longer, but I think it'd be more fun to see the rest of you continue that list.

I'll admit I'm just crabby, but I'm also a die hard BB user and have defended their products staunchly to friends and co-workers. Their attitude towards the market, consumers, developers, etc. needs to change immediately or they will be completely upside down in no time flat with no possible recovery. I don't think ignoring all the noise coming there way is such a good idea at this point in the game, they need to listen and play ball...
    08-11-11 09:29 PM
    Wasn't this thread a sticky? If not it should be.

Tim
    08-12-11 09:05 AM
    This should be on the front page of CB. Again, what does it take to wake them up?

Tim
    08-12-11 09:06 AM
    Wasn't this thread a sticky? If not it should be.

Tim
    I just checked it was never a sticky, and right now the top is pretty full, BUT I will keep my eye on this thread and if it stays popular I will see what I can do.
    trsbbs likes this.
    08-12-11 09:10 AM
    This should be on the front page of CB. Again, what does it take to wake them up?

Tim
    I don't think CB wants to bite the RIM hand that feeds them. Not a good business plan.
    08-12-11 09:11 AM
    I don't think CB wants to bite the RIM hand that feeds them. Not a good business plan.
    That require actually believing RIM monitors this forum. Which I'm 99.9% sure they don't.
    08-12-11 11:58 AM
    That require actually believing RIM monitors this forum. Which I'm 99.9% sure they don't.
    Actually RIM DOES monitor this forum. What they DO with the info is another story!
    08-12-11 03:23 PM
    Actually RIM DOES monitor this forum. What they DO with the info is another story!
    Now that is the understatment of the year!
    08-12-11 04:24 PM
    HaTaX,

Saw on the Blackberry support forums someone is working on finding out what happened to your application.

Any update?

(I am asking as a developer that was considering developing for the playbook but would like to see what the outcome of this is first before I spend the R&D time).
    08-17-11 10:48 AM
    Well there's actually about 3 people trying to help me out over there, a few admins and a very helpful fellow developer that has access to a support escalation process. They've all been very nice to help me out, but so far I've heard nothing back from anyone regarding this.

Even my email that I sent back to RIM almost a week ago has gone unanswered.

They really need to get the App World sorted out, it seems that the approval shop is outsourced or in some way completely disconnected with RIM. Not sure what they're doing here, but I'm pretty sure it's not working.
    08-17-11 11:12 AM
    Well there's actually about 3 people trying to help me out over there, a few admins and a very helpful fellow developer that has access to a support escalation process. They've all been very nice to help me out, but so far I've heard nothing back from anyone regarding this.

Even my email that I sent back to RIM almost a week ago has gone unanswered.

They really need to get the App World sorted out, it seems that the approval shop is outsourced or in some way completely disconnected with RIM. Not sure what they're doing here, but I'm pretty sure it's not working.
    Is anything working over at RIM?
    08-17-11 12:58 PM
    Is anything working over at RIM?
    Well, the NOC seems to still be working, but that's most likely due to the fact it doesn't have opinions or emotions that it interjects into each decision it makes. Leave it to an inanimate object to be the pinnacle of a company, vs you know, the CEO or other faces of the company.
    trsbbs likes this.
    08-17-11 01:04 PM
    I hope it is just some VP that has his own agenda. And hopefully someone higher up finds about about this and sets it right...

In reality though, I don't think its just a VP...
    08-17-11 01:31 PM
    Ouch. It's not going well for many of the developers. They must know most of the developers would take to the forums after their apps got the response they got. I don't think in this case "any press is good press". This is going to bite them in the *** and it's going to hurt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 07:24 PM
    Just thought I'd post an update here, they did finally approve my SimpleBrowser app for release! Seems they finally reviewed their policies regarding web browsers and ones built using the AIR SDK that leverage the QNXStageWeb component will gain their approval.

I know it's an old thread, but I figured an update on SimpleBrowser's status would be appreciated in here. May have taken a few months, but I did get resolution and my apps in app world!
    12-13-11 02:40 PM
    hey hatax does this borwser is catched by sites as a mobile browser? i mean it will always guide you to fullpages?
    12-13-11 03:54 PM
    The new version of SimpleBrowser+ is awaiting approval in app world, and it will remember your user agent setting. So if you set it to desktop firefox, it will stay that way when you close and re-open the app.

Hopefully they approve 1.0.2 quickly, but remember it's the paid version that has that feature, not the free one. I might expand the free versions functionality, we'll see how that goes in the future.
    12-13-11 04:15 PM
    so, the paid one has this feature? u should put it in the description, its a very useful feature...

"tired of getting redirected to mobile sites?.. heres ur fix" hehehehe
    12-13-11 04:29 PM
    The new version of SimpleBrowser+ is awaiting approval in app world, and it will remember your user agent setting. So if you set it to desktop firefox, it will stay that way when you close and re-open the app.

Hopefully they approve 1.0.2 quickly, but remember it's the paid version that has that feature, not the free one. I might expand the free versions functionality, we'll see how that goes in the future.
    nice one... I've just purchased the paid version. I'll leave a review for you when I've had a chance to play with it a bit.
    12-13-11 04:32 PM
    ...So if you set it to desktop firefox, it will stay that way when you close and re-open the app.

I don't mean to play down your application but doesn't KermED's Desktop Browser do this (this=bold)?
    12-13-11 04:32 PM
    yes, but sometimes is slow, if hatax browser is faster ill pay for it.
    12-13-11 04:40 PM
    yes, but sometimes is slow, if hatax browser is faster ill pay for it.
    Ok cool....
    12-13-11 04:53 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD