I recently sent out a few emails to developers, enquiring about the possibilities of bringing games to the PlayBook. Here are the statuses and results so far:

100 Gates 100.gates.android@gmail.com
    100 Gates: Pending.

2D BOY androidsupport@2dboy.com
    World of Goo: Pending.

Animoca support@animoca.com
    Pretty Pet Salon: Our apologies! At the moment we do not have any plans about porting our apps over to BlackBerry PlayBook. (09/10/2012)

Pretty Pet Salon Seasons: Our apologies! At the moment we do not have any plans about porting our apps over to BlackBerry PlayBook. (09/10/2012)

Pet Cafe: We are sorry to inform you that as the data structure are different for iOS and Android version, there are no ways to transfer the data to another device/platform. (09/10/2012)

Beeline Interactive support@beeline-i.com
    Smurfs' Village: We have not announced any plans to bring Smurfs Village to these devices. (09/10/2012)

Bithack
    Tesla Plushies: teslaplushies@bithack.se Pending.

Apparatus: apparatus@bithack.se Pending.

EA http://www.facebook.com/EA
    The Sims 3: Pending.

The Sims Freeplay: Pending.

FreshPlanet support@songpop.fm Community-powered support for SongPop
    SongPop: Our team is not monitoring this email address anymore. (09/06/2012)

Gameloft onlinegames.support@gameloft.com
    Order & Chaos: Unfortunately, I can not provide you with information about our future releases of updates (including the ones which allow playing on another devices). (09/12/2012)

Gamevil Inc. contact@gamevilusa.com
    Zenonia 1-4: At this time, Zenonia is unable for Balckberry, We will forward this message to our development team for the future reference. (09/10/2012)

Glu Mobile support@glu.com
    Blood and Glory: Unfortunately we dot not have any information about future updates for the game. We apologize for the disappointment this may cause. (09/03/2012)

Bug Village: Unfortunately we dot not have any information about future updates for the game. We apologize for the disappointment this may cause. (09/03/2012)

Toy Village: Unfortunately we dot not have any information about future updates for the game. We apologize for the disappointment this may cause. (09/03/2012)

Infected: Unfortunately we dot not have any information about future updates for the game. We apologize for the disappointment this may cause. (09/03/2012)

Eternity Warriors 2: We are not aware of any plans to incorporate EW2 with BlackBerry devices at this time. We are actively working on improving our products. We will send your message to the team for review as we value your feedback and suggestions. (09/07/2012)

Hemisphere Games androidsupport@hemispheregames.com
    Osmos HD: Thank you for your interest in Osmos. There are no plans at this time to port Osmos to the BlackBerry OS. At this time, we don't feel there are enough users who would be interested in purchasing the game on this platform to offset the time and resource it would take to port and maintain the game. (09/06/2012)

Infinite Dreams support@idreams.pl
    Jelly Defense: I'm afraid Jelly Defense does not support BlackBerry PlayBook. We may release an update version in the future but it's not available yet. (09/07/2012)

Jakyl droid@spiritapp.com
    Spirit HD: We've had an ongoing dialog with RIM about supporting PlayBook and it's definitely possible if/when BB10 finally reaches the market. (09/11/2012)

Kairosoft Co.
    Kairobotica: Pending.

Dungeon Village: Pending.

Mad Finger Games contact@madfingergames.com
    Dead Trigger: actually we are working together with UNITY 3D and thanks to using its UNION service, they are able to port our games to different platforms. Actually our previous games SAMURAI II: Vengeance and SHADOWGUN have bean already released on some platforms. So that means SHADOWGUN and DEAD TRIGGER might be ported to Blackberrey PB as well in the future. Try to contact directly UNION to find out more about their plans (09/06/2012)

Shadowgun: See above.

Mojang mobile@mojang.com
    Minecraft: Pending.

OMGPOP feedback@omgpop.com
    DrawSomething: Thanks for the feedback! I'll share this with the team. Feel free to send us any more ideas or thoughts you have. (09/06/2012)

Phosphor Games Studio support@phosphorgames.com
    Horn (listed under Zynga): Thank you for contacting Phosphor Games! Unfortunately we have no plans to bring Horn to these devices. (09/13/2012)

Rubicon Development gbwgand@rubicondev.com
    Great Big War Game: Not sure yet! It’s “to be decided”. (09/07/2012)

Sanrio Digital gamesupport@sanriodigital.com
    Hello Kitty Cafe: At the moment we do not have any plans about porting our apps over to BlackBerry PlayBook. (09/10/2012)

Hello Kitty Beauty Salon: At the moment we do not have any plans about porting our apps over to BlackBerry PlayBook. (09/10/2012)

Secret Exit zb2android@secretexit.com
    Zen Bound 2: Thank you for your interest in Zen Bound 2. There are no plans at this time to port ZB2 to the BlackBerry OS. At this time, we don't feel there are enough users who would be interested in purchasing the game on this platform to offset the time and resource it would take to port and maintain the game. (09/06/2012)

SEGA of America help@sega.com
    Super Monkey Ball 2: Thank you for your input, though we are unable to make any official comments based on speculation. (09/10/2012)

Spaces of Play androidsupport@spacesofplay.com
    Spirits: Sorry for not responding earlier.We don't have any plans to bring Spirits to the PlayBook at this point. (09/06/2012)

The Binary Mill support@thebinarymill.com
    Mini Motor Racing: Currently we have no such plans, but that may change in the future if we feel there is a strong demand for MMR on BlackBerry. (09/08/2012)

Unity 3D appworld@unity3d.com
    Dead Trigger: Pending.

Shadowgun: Pending.

Vivid Games info@vividgames.com
    Speedball 2: We are considering this but no final decision has been made yet. (09/07/2012)
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 09-14-12 at 02:13 PM.
    09-06-12 05:19 PM
    Another problem is that apps that are already available don't get the updates other platforms get:

- I asked ZeptoLab whether they would update Cut the rope with the extra levels already available for Android/iOS or bring us Cut the rope: Experiments - no answer

- I asked Clapfoot Games whether they would update Tank Hero: Laser Wars with the extra levels already available for Android/iOS - no answer
    09-06-12 05:53 PM
    Union also doesn't update any of it's games. As I've already written in dedicated topic, due to "low sales on PlayBook" it didn't update Smash Cops.
    09-06-12 06:08 PM
    Well, I'll keep updating this list. I'm less interested in updates at the moment, and more interested in having titles to buy. I'd prefer having a selection of functioning games over every game getting all the updates.

I figure I'll email the developers of the top games on Google Play, paid and free, and include their emails in case anyone else wanted to try their luck, or in case it actually makes a difference. I'm interested to see the overall picture, especially when, at the moment, the only developer to give a positive response isn't even responsible for bringing its games to the PlayBook.
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 09-06-12 at 07:11 PM.
    09-06-12 06:53 PM
    Another problem is that apps that are already available don't get the updates other platforms get:

- I asked ZeptoLab whether they would update Cut the rope with the extra levels already available for Android/iOS or bring us Cut the rope: Experiments - no answer

- I asked Clapfoot Games whether they would update Tank Hero: Laser Wars with the extra levels already available for Android/iOS - no answer
    Last time the answered me they will have it ready for BB10 (by twitter)

UPDATE

well that was quick!

someone actually asked them

Tweets Top / All / People you follow
    4 Sep SummerOfLove ‏@Summer0fL0ve
    @clapfoot Any plans to bring the Tank Hero: Laser Wars 1.1 update to @BlackBerry Playbook?
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

5 Sep Clapfoot Inc. ‏@clapfoot
    @Summer0fL0ve @BlackBerry Its coming in the next couple of weeks! Stay tuned, we haven't forgotten about you guys!
    Hide conversation
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    Last edited by morpho4444; 09-06-12 at 07:39 PM.
    KidCaboose likes this.
    09-06-12 07:37 PM
    Last time the answered me they will have it ready for BB10 (by twitter)

UPDATE

well that was quick!

someone actually asked them

Tweets Top / All / People you follow
    4 Sep SummerOfLove ‏@Summer0fL0ve
    @clapfoot Any plans to bring the Tank Hero: Laser Wars 1.1 update to @BlackBerry Playbook?
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

5 Sep Clapfoot Inc. ‏@clapfoot
    @Summer0fL0ve @BlackBerry Its coming in the next couple of weeks! Stay tuned, we haven't forgotten about you guys!
    Hide conversation
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    Wow, nice! That's encouraging! This was becoming a depressing thread!
    09-06-12 07:48 PM
    Rubicon Development gbwgand@rubicondev.com
    Great Big War Game: Pending
    I tweeted them back in July:

@RubiconDevelop really hoping Great Big War Game comes to blackberry playbook soon.

Rubicon Development ‏@RubiconDevelop
    @lexsteryo We're talking to them.
    KidCaboose likes this.
    09-06-12 09:44 PM
    The ones that wrote they dont think enough users would be interested & it wouldnt be worth the time & resources must not even be reading or looking into how easy its is to port apps/games onto the PlayBook...... Smh....... Damn shame
    09-07-12 12:41 AM
    Frankly, I am not surprised at the lack of updates at this point. PlayBook user numbers are still a tad low. Hopefully after bb10 launches, we will see more updates...
    09-07-12 12:56 AM
    Had a couple of responses when I woke up this morning, for Jelly Defense and Great Big War Game.

Edit: And Speedball 2.
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 09-07-12 at 08:17 AM.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    09-07-12 08:04 AM
    Tank Hero Laser Wars Update available

So Zepto Lab... Where's the Cut the rope update? C'mon...
    09-07-12 11:23 AM
    ClapFoot added:

Clapfoot Inc. ‏@clapfoot
    @morpho4444 @summer0fl0ve @blackberry Np! Sorry for the delay. We're working hard on our next title, which will also be coming to BB.

So also their next game is going to be ready for BB
    KidCaboose likes this.
    09-07-12 05:28 PM
    ClapFoot added:

Clapfoot Inc. ‏@clapfoot
    @morpho4444 @summer0fl0ve @blackberry Np! Sorry for the delay. We're working hard on our next title, which will also be coming to BB.

So also their next game is going to be ready for BB
    Great info! Do we know what their next game is?
    09-07-12 05:53 PM
    Received a response for Eternity Warriors 2. Sorry Pedro...
    09-07-12 09:50 PM
    Received a response for Mini Motor Racing.
    09-08-12 01:41 AM
    Received responses for the Pretty Pet and Hello Kitty games.

Edit: Also received a response for Smurfs' Village, Zenonia and Super Monkey Ball 2.
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 09-10-12 at 02:27 PM.
    09-10-12 07:09 AM
    Received response for Spirit HD by Jackyl.
    09-11-12 04:43 PM
    Received response for Gameloft's Order & Chaos.
    09-12-12 08:04 AM
    Maybe if links to some of the developer stories where they were able to covert their iOS apps to BlackBerry so easily (especially the blog article about one company converting their app in two days) were included in the queries, that might be able to show that it doesn't take a lot of resources to put out a native BlackBerry version.

I think a lot of the companies that say they don't have the resources haven't really even looked into what it woukd take to port their app over.
    09-12-12 09:00 AM
    You might be right. I'd feel uncomfortable telling devs that it's easy to do when I know nothing about the process though. I wouldn't even know how to word it to sound the most convincing. Basically, I've just politely but encouragingly been asking if they plan on bringing their games over to the PlayBook.

If someone in the know wants to write up a request letter that includes the information about porting and converting, I'd be happy to email it in my second round.
    09-12-12 09:11 AM
    I was just about to say, most of these developers probably think BlackBerry OS is still some archaic bulls**t they have no interest in touching. Little do they know, we're not referring to BB7 & earlier, we're looking at PB OS and future BB10, which is apparently incredibly simple to port to/develop for.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread for personal reasons. I'm curious to see if iOS developers have iOS/Apple-loving mentality only and aren't interested in budging, even though they could be handed copious amounts of exposure...
    09-12-12 09:33 AM
    Received a response for Horn, by Phosphor Games.

This weekend I might restructure the list, alphabetically by game name, including the developper and email. I might subcategorize it into regular games, and games that work after conversion and sideloading. I'll start looking at iOS games aswell. Up until now, I've just been perusing Googleplay.
    09-14-12 02:16 PM
    I emailed 2DBoy quite awhile ago about World of Goo and never did get a response.
    09-14-12 03:24 PM
    I've contacted Lima Sky regarding Doodle Jump rip-off that has appeared for PlayBook today in App World and they told me that they plan to release official Doodle Jump game for BB10.
    09-27-12 09:18 AM
    Maybe the compiled list of games/devs should be sent to Alec Saunders or whoever is developer relations etc at RIM. If/when RIM contacts these guys, I am sure they can make a better/more convincing case and also offer help/support for porting then these guys might be more interested.
    09-28-12 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD