BlackBerry DevCon Americas: Content

Found this entry about getting Android apps onto BB really interesting...hoping we see a flood of apps through this!
    10-17-11 09:53 AM
    This is interesting on several levels. One, they don't give a timeframe for approval. But, two, they're accepting Android apps on the spot and certainly making it sound like they'll be available almost immediately (which means android player release at devcon).

That being said, they've made lots of things look and sound realistic over the past year with nothing coming of it, so I'm not holding my breath.
    10-17-11 11:11 AM
    looks almost to good to be true, I can see problems everywhere, fingers crossed though
    10-17-11 11:13 AM
    I hope to hear results soon as developers can port their android apps today. Looks promising!
    10-17-11 11:31 AM
    I hope to hear results soon as developers can port their android apps today. Looks promising!
    did they give any indication of app availability dates? i would think as a developer you'd like to be able to plan cashflow and therefore release date is critical.
    10-17-11 11:47 AM
    let's see how many apps will get released during devcon
    10-17-11 11:55 AM
    ... they're accepting Android apps on the spot and certainly making it sound like they'll be available almost immediately (which means android player release at devcon).
    Not necessarily. Apps can be approved but not posted for sale in App World.
    10-17-11 12:20 PM
    By today Android App submission has started. Maybe tomorrow morning we will have an OS 2.0 update release.
    Last edited by drunkorexia; 10-17-11 at 12:31 PM.
    10-17-11 12:21 PM
    Not necessarily. Apps can be approved but not posted for sale in App World.
    oh, i know. i'm not holding my breath. the key point was "making it seem like". much like a skype/msn/etc icon on your playbook page makes it seem like those apps would be available... but i digress.
    10-17-11 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD