This forum has hardly moved past the same topics that were being discussed on April 19th. Skype? Kindle? What about Netflix? HBO Go still isn't working? Citrix? IM+ was submitted, still isn't here. How about the 5 minute timeout?

This is just looking worse and worse all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-11 05:18 PM
    Oh and who could forget the aMail mess

06-15-11 05:19 PM
    Guess its a real important feature that can be added for consumers, but isn't present.
    A nice/best piece of hardware/software is nice, but worth nothing if its not compatible with most things. People should know what they're getting after they pay for it, but what's stopping people from buying cheaper/infiror products that'll allow you to use for so much more?

06-15-11 05:28 PM
    This forum has hardly moved past the same topics that were being discussed on April 19th. Skype? Kindle? What about Netflix? HBO Go still isn't working? Citrix? IM+ was submitted, still isn't here. How about the 5 minute timeout?

This is just looking worse and worse all the time.

I agree with you. I check every day for some of the key apps that I had expected would have been available on the Playbook; especially considering that RIM had pictures of it (yes i know in a mocked demo of App World which I define as false advertising), and nothing has become available.

I am glad of what the Playbook does but the longer it goes by without the support of the major app developers, the more disappointed and dismayed I am regarding the product. At this point in time, I can confidentally say I would not consider upgrading to a Playbook 2 when, or if, a version gets released.
    06-15-11 07:22 PM
    I somewhat agree with your point...I used to monitor the site for awhile b4 i actually joined and there isn't much new to report for the PB just yet but I have to believe that the apps & updates will eventually come.
    As i sit here typing this post on my PB it is kinda frustrating because some of the basic features that i have become accustomed to with my blackberry phone (such as auto-correct) are missing from the PB! Come on RIMS...don't make us wait too long for such basic features!
    With that said I don't regret my purchase of the PB...
    06-15-11 08:16 PM
    aug 19..deadline for RIM to wake the f up...thats 4 months from release...which means there should be awesome native email support and some major apps...as in kindle, netflix and hulu...otherwise this puppy will be on eBay!
    06-15-11 08:38 PM
    Do not dare to be critical of the wondrous Playbook. You will be attacked and pillaried for your blasphemy!

p.s. I agree with you, but don't tell anyone.
    06-15-11 08:54 PM
    Thanks guys. Glad I'm not the only one that will admit it.

06-15-11 10:38 PM
    There are work-arounds available, in case you can't wait for the apps. I wish everything would come all at once tomorrow, but I kindly doubt it.

If you come to a Blackberry site, already overrun with negative ads, and want to pile on and post additional, redundant topics about Blackberry, at least stiffen your spine and take the reaction that follows without all the poor-me stuff. Isn't the point to produce exactly that result?

I like this device more today than in April, and I expect that trend to continue as it is improved over the summer and into the fall. But it's not as if us RIM supporters don't vent and point out problems and make pointed suggestions, often with sharp barbs attached.

If there are some who want to turn the Crackberry Forums into a clearing house for every anti-RIM sentiment, expect resistance from those of us who derive constructive value from these pages.
    06-16-11 12:31 AM
    I love this device as well, i carry it around with me to the hospital and in between patients catch up whats happening on crackberry.... well since i got it i am religously checking crackberry and its forums to know when all those apps would be available. But you ve got to agree everyday all of us hope that when we log on to app world we have some of our apps which we ve been discussing from the launch(someone make a ebook reader)...But alas we sit and wait.... we have patience but rim please dont test it....
    06-16-11 02:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD