And maybe longer on the playbook?

If you don't know the app, it's a VOIP program powered by Fongo which can also get you a free phone number and voice mail. Those of us longing for Skype for VOIP might find it handy, but... I got this email from them when I asked about a release date.

______

Thanks for your interest in Dell Voice!

We have been hard at work on developing the app for the BlackBerry products. As
    a Torch and Playbook user myself, I'm eagerly awaiting the release. While the
    ETA isn't set in stone, we are aiming for a mid-May release for the phones. I'm
    afraid there isn't any information available about the tablet release.

Regards,

Brandon

Technical Support
    Fongo Contact Center
    ___

Have a look at the app (Google Dell Voice) and if it looks good to you let them know we could really use it sooner!
    meierjn likes this.
    03-13-12 03:04 AM
    That's sweet, I hadn't heard of that app before!
    Well at least we'll (maybe) have it for our BlackBerrys.
    03-13-12 10:54 AM
    Just had to update. I got Dell Voice for my laptop and my iPhone, and so far am pleased with the results. If you're in Canada it's a good VOIP substitute - plus unlike Skype you don't need to pay for a dialing-in number or voicemail, they're free as well. I'm already phasing out my Skype use for long distance as a result and making this my home phone number.

Looking forward to this being available on the Playbook - hopefully in May!
    04-18-12 02:10 AM
    Is there some reason you expect it to be available in May? It is limited to iPhones, android smart phones, and Windows based PCs. You can't even run it on an Android tablet.
    04-18-12 02:19 AM
    I emailed them and got a reply saying it should be on blackberry by May. Not sure about Playbook, though... Hope so!
    04-18-12 02:42 AM
    Well, it's now available on the BlackBerry... But not the playbook . Still, good news for blackberry phone owners I guess...
    07-02-12 03:13 AM
    Good news for *Canadian* Blackberry users......
    07-02-12 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD