I had side loaded android mail back when I was on OS2 beta. So when OS2 came out with the mail app I deleted the android email icon. Now I am still getting notifcations from the app even though I deleted it. Anyone have any idea what I need to do?
    02-23-12 03:31 PM
    I had side loaded android mail back when I was on OS2 beta. So when OS2 came out with the mail app I deleted the android email icon. Now I am still getting notifcations from the app even though I deleted it. Anyone have any idea what I need to do?
    did you try a security wipe?
    02-23-12 03:33 PM
    I had the same thing... I did a "debrick" of the device and started fresh... You're essentially wiping the device right back to factory, but atleast you know you have a fresh clean slate to build on.
    02-23-12 05:38 PM
    im getting the same thing... but only for the email address i DID NOT add to messages, and only sometimes.

i even deleted the app and the launcher and still get it... o well. doesnt bother me
    02-23-12 06:03 PM
    I am getting the same thing. I really don't want to have to wipe my device completely, that will take a lot longer than I really have to dedicate to that right now. Anyone understand exactly what is going on? Does this mean that even if I delete an app from the playbook that it is actually still there? Sounds like the android app player needs some work...
    02-27-12 02:39 PM
    If it's the same one that I had, I reinstalled it, disabled the notifications and then deleted it again.
    02-27-12 02:42 PM
    Yeah, bad news. I did the same thing and unfortunately, the email.bar app is the only i would not reinstall on my pb. Luckily it was just on my test pb and security wipe fixed it.
    02-27-12 02:47 PM
    When you want to delete sideloadeded apps make sure you use bbhtool or similar program to uninstall them. Just deleting them by pressing the garbage icon won't truly uninstall them.
    02-27-12 02:52 PM
    When you want to delete sideloadeded apps make sure you use bbhtool or similar program to uninstall them. Just deleting them by pressing the garbage icon won't truly uninstall them.
    I'm not sure about the others, but I tried the uninstall using ddpbinstaller 1.08 uninstall button but the notifications continued. I really just think it's an app that wasn't a good candidate for a bar conversion.
    Last edited by zorecati; 02-27-12 at 03:01 PM.
    02-27-12 02:56 PM
    Any news on how to delete it ? Without security wipe I mean...
    03-14-12 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD