So I think that I accidently deleted my Android Player app from my Playbook...
    I have sideloaded apps installed on my playbook, and pressing them does nothing but darken the icon for a moment. Does anyone have an ideas??
    03-01-12 12:04 AM
    I don't believe it is possible to delete the Android Player. It is part of the OS and not a separate app in and of itself. I think it is the apps you sideloaded that is the issue. What apps did you sideload? Did you convert them yourself? What platform are you using to sideload (PC or Mac)?

Edit: The reason for those questions:
    Some Android apps do not work, or it could be an issue converting the app if they are not already a bar file, or an issue sideloading the app itself. I am no expert, but providing those answers might help those more knowledgable figure out what went wrong with the side loading process.
    Last edited by BerryClever; 03-01-12 at 12:15 AM.
    03-01-12 12:10 AM
    Did you restart your playbook? After installation...
    03-01-12 02:09 AM
    I don't believe it is possible to delete the Android Player. It is part of the OS and not a separate app in and of itself. I think it is the apps you sideloaded that is the issue. What apps did you sideload? Did you convert them yourself? What platform are you using to sideload (PC or Mac)?

Edit: The reason for those questions:
    Some Android apps do not work, or it could be an issue converting the app if they are not already a bar file, or an issue sideloading the app itself. I am no expert, but providing those answers might help those more knowledgable figure out what went wrong with the side loading process.
    I had sideloaded, IMDB, Stumbleupon, Words with friends. They all were working fine, then it froze and an icon that kind of looked like a house with a question mark appeared, and i deleted it. They are all apps that i downloaded from the crackberry link, im using a PC.
    03-03-12 11:01 PM
    its not possible to delete the android player, there is no way because it is not visible and runs only when needed.
    03-04-12 12:41 AM
    It is possible to delete the android player, but I can't see it happening without you having root access and wanting to delete it.
    03-04-12 01:13 AM
    Did you install the leaked Android App player a few months back when it came out? If so you will probably have to security wipe the Playbook. The new Android App Player does not like any remnants of that leaked one.
    03-04-12 01:16 AM
    I have seen the android player hang up sometimes and when you launch another android app it may just show the previous app or even a black empty screen. restarting the PB usually fixes this. so it is highly unlikely that you have deleted the android player.
    03-04-12 09:42 AM
    I had sideloaded, IMDB, Stumbleupon, Words with friends. They all were working fine, then it froze and an icon that kind of looked like a house with a question mark appeared, and i deleted it. They are all apps that i downloaded from the crackberry link, im using a PC.
    From this what I'd expect happened is that you sideloaded these apps and the leaked Android player, and started playing games before it was finished installing the android player. Once the android player installed, your game froze, and you looked and saw the Android player App, which had, through its very existence, placed a file which broke the official Android player. The only way to fix this is to do a security wipe and not restore application information. You will lose all of your saved settings and progress in all of your apps, but that's the price you pay for installing an alpha leaked application...
    03-04-12 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD