Just curious, where does the PB version of Dead Space fit into the DS Series?

I've never played a Dead Space game other than the PB version, but was just wondering where does it fit chronologically in the series? Does it take place BEFORE the original Dead Space?

And I can't remember the name of the main character in the PB version, but is that the same guy in the other Dead Space games?
    12-28-11 04:09 AM

I've never played a Dead Space game other than the PB version, but was just wondering where does it fit chronologically in the series? Does it take place BEFORE the original Dead Space?

And I can't remember the name of the main character in the PB version, but is that the same guy in the other Dead Space games?
    I did'nt finish the game yet, but i've heard that the main character is girl
    Dont know if its true.
    12-28-11 05:25 AM
    Is the game worth buying?
    12-28-11 06:15 AM
    I bought the game but haven't played it yet. I'd say it's worth buying at the $5 sale price, especially if you have a long enough HDMI cable, 'cause playing PB games on the TV is awesome.
    12-28-11 09:22 AM
    What is this game about, and it worth buying. Is there a trial version? I think any game or app over .99 cent should have a 72 hour trial period .......just sayin
    12-28-11 09:35 AM
    What is this game about, and it worth buying. Is there a trial version? I think any game or app over .99 cent should have a 72 hour trial period .......just sayin
    I bought the game when it went on sale and have not regretted the $5.00 purchase. And i have never spent that much on a game ever. Since i'm new to deadspace, I'm not sure of the story line so can't help w/that but i am enjoying the graphics, story and interaction. Also enjoy being creeped out by the creatures.

Never thought about hooking up to the TV that sounds awesome - might have to invest in an hdmi cable after all.

Someone asked about the characters name it's Randal.
    Last edited by Lhendr; 12-28-11 at 10:46 AM.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-28-11 10:39 AM
    I bought the game when it went on sale and have not regretted the $5.00 purchase. And i have never spent that much on a game ever. Since i'm new to deadspace, I'm not sure of the story line so can't help w/that but i am enjoying the graphics, story and interaction. Also enjoy the being creeped out by the creatures.

Someone asked about the characters name it's Randal.
    Thanks for the info. I wish it had a trial version so I could see what I was paying for. Not that $5 is alot but its adds up after a few different purchases
    12-28-11 10:48 AM
    isaac is not in the playbook dead space. I believe the PB version is the same as the iOS version which is 3 years after the original game according to the wikipedia Dead Space article.

12-28-11 11:22 AM
    Dead Space is one of the better horror themed science fiction first person shooter game franchises. The graphics and sound in the Playbook version are impressive and it is well worth the price in IMO.

12-28-11 11:27 AM
    I thought his name is Vandal in the PB version. Definitely worth the five bucks.
    12-28-11 02:35 PM
    It takes place before the 2nd Dead Space. The main character in the console ver. is named Chris Issac and in the PB verson his name is Vandal.
    12-28-11 02:41 PM
    ***SPOILER ALERT***

Karrie Norton - The Dead Space Wiki - Dead Space, Dead Space: Extraction, Dead Space 2, and more

If you didn't buy Dead Space yet, go for it.
    12-28-11 04:54 PM
    I thought his name is Vandal in the PB version. Definitely worth the five bucks.
    Yep it is Vandal.....brain fart hurts my head
    12-28-11 07:25 PM
    I just beat the game a minute ago....

SPOILER ALERT:

Yes, the main character is a woman all along
    12-29-11 02:06 AM
    This might be a necro...But I have a question XD
    I want to buy the game (8.50$ for me)...Is it long or..short?
    Bought spider-man couple of days ago and I finished it in 3 hours...
    01-24-12 11:51 AM
    depends on the difficulty, i think from 3-4 hrs, lots of fun though, played through it a couple of times now.
    01-24-12 02:48 PM
    I am still trying to get the two last Accolades... Beeting the game under 2 hours and One Gun...
    01-24-12 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD