First of all, I want to give all my deepest thanks to all the supporters of my app, e-Mmanuel+. Especially those of you who wrote reviews, because with your support, it now sits in the top spot within the Religion category in app world!

Now, the bad part... You have and will be bothered with two bad new releases.
    First, you will have received an update notice for 2.4.7 today. That was NOT supposed to go out. I tried to stop it, RIM did not. This version basically fixes nothing, but adds a non-functioning search option.
    Then, in my rush to fix a bug, I then pushed out 2.4.9. It does fix a bug I was trying to fix, but contains other bugs which are not supposed to be there. And it still contains the non-functioning search option. You will see this come out probably tomorrow (which again I will try to stop but know will not succeed).
    RIM does not let me delete any release version, so it's there to stay and I can't do anything about it, until I release another newer version.

So, I ask kindly for your patience as ANOTHER 2.4.xx release will be coming shortly, that will fix all the known bugs. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, and I hope this does not happen in the future.
    10-25-11 02:49 PM
    I think that's cool you are keeping your customers informed of the issues and that you are working on it. Good luck with your fixes!
    jetstreamblue and cmdr_dan like this.
    10-25-11 02:55 PM
    Thanks for keeping us informed. I was looking for a way to update my review, the last update sorted out a whole load of issues and now that I'm running os 2 beta, your app seems to run so much smoother and faster.

One addition would be the notes section having the ability to save note headings with a name you want, for instance the title of a sermon, rather than scripture passages as it gets confusing seeing all the passages and difficult to know the contents of the note at a glance.

Good work, well done!
    10-25-11 04:39 PM
    Oh dear -- I hate to laugh, but it must be so frustrating for you! Please don't give up, we really like your app and appreciate that you are working really hard to improve it for your users.

I hope that people encountering the "bugs" hold off on review comments and give you a chance to push out a nice shiny new update.
    10-25-11 04:44 PM
    Jetstreamblue: I think you can "remove" a release in App World Vendor Portal by removing all the devices from the compatiblity list of the relevant release. That way nobody will be troubled by the incorrect updates.
    10-25-11 07:14 PM
    Thanks for the heads up! Look forward to the update of this awesome bible app!
    jetstreamblue likes this.
    10-25-11 07:21 PM
    Jetstreamblue: I think you can "remove" a release in App World Vendor Portal by removing all the devices from the compatiblity list of the relevant release. That way nobody will be troubled by the incorrect updates.
    Hmm... I just checked the vendor portal and I can't seem to edit anything regarding approved releases. Maybe I'm missing something here?

In any case, good news is, I think I have an update with all the known bugs squashed.

The bad news is, the vendor portal is driving me nuts because it basically times out when I try to upload the file, telling me to try a faster internet connection. I've tried about 10 tens and done trying. Mind you, I'm using DSL, it's not like I'm on dial-up and it's taking an hour. So I have to wait until tomorrrow to access a faster connection and hope to be able to upload the file. Just one of those days...
    10-25-11 09:58 PM
    First I would like to thank you for such a great app! It is really my favorite on the Playbook. This morning I got the update for 2.4.9 and tried to install. It downloads fine, but I get an error during the install. Now it has it on my uninstalled list. That's when I found this thread. Thanks again for keeping us informed.
    Will you please post when the upgrade is available? I sure want to keep this app.

Thanks again.
    10-26-11 07:26 AM
    Well, just when I thought things couldn't get worse, it turns out the 2.4.9 was corrupted somehow when I uploaded it. What is frustrating to me is, RIM took the time to review it, yet didn't catch the fact it fails to load at all?

I've now been forced to pull the app before more people attempt to upgrade and the problem spreads. For those who did try to upgrade to 2.4.9 already, unfortunately, you are stuck. App World does not allow me to roll back to a previous version, so the only thing is to wait for the new version to appear.

The good news is, I did just submit 2.4.10. With any luck, RIM will approve it within a day or two, at which time we should be able to put this all behind us... hopefully...
    4wheel and liwcalvary like this.
    10-26-11 07:39 AM
    its a very cool app, just started using it. am I being a bit silly, but im looking a "highlighting" option

@likeheheheh
    10-26-11 09:45 AM
    its a very cool app, just started using it. am I being a bit silly, but im looking a "highlighting" option
    The highlighting feature is one of the most commonly requested. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a way to implement this.

The main problem I'm having is RIM has not put in the Air SDK the hooks needed to access the PB's core copy and paste function. So you can select text, which is done by the core copy and paste function in the OS, but my app has no way of accessing what was selected. I tried asking for help in the dev's forum and looks like no one else has any ideas. Hopefully they will update the Air SDK to allow this, but it's been a long time since any updates to the Air SDK (all focus seems to be on HTML5 and NDK now), so I'm not holding my breath...
    10-26-11 09:53 AM
    thanks! my only request is to make the front page a little bit more clean cut and have portrait mode support (I like to read book style). But those can wait . Thanks once again, i will keep recommending your app to others as long as you keep making great apps!
    jetstreamblue likes this.
    10-26-11 09:57 AM
    thanks! my only request is to make the front page a little bit more clean cut and have portrait mode support (I like to read book style). But those can wait . Thanks once again, i will keep recommending your app to others as long as you keep making great apps!
    Do you have any specific suggestions on how to make it more "clean cut"? Just want to better understand how I can improve.

As for portrait, I've started working on it, but it's quite a lot of work as everything needs to be reorganized and redrawn. I also need to work out the logic to maintain state when you flip. Anyway, it will come, eventually...
    10-26-11 12:07 PM
    Good business. Kudos to OP.
    10-26-11 12:28 PM
    Thanks for keeping us posted. I was wondering if you could add the titles to the NIV version for me. When I was doing a bible study, I didn't know when to stop reading because e-mmanuel didn't have any titles. I would hate to switch over to youversion over this because I love this app!
    10-26-11 01:06 PM
    I must say I'm pleased with the Dev's forthright alert about this. I was just looking for it in AppWorld and was surprised not to find it. Then I see this thread which explains what happened. I'll still be on the lookout for this.
    10-26-11 01:40 PM
    Thanks for keeping us posted. I was wondering if you could add the titles to the NIV version for me. When I was doing a bible study, I didn't know when to stop reading because e-mmanuel didn't have any titles. I would hate to switch over to youversion over this because I love this app!
    Unfortunately, this one might be hard to do. All the source texts in e-Mmanuel+ comes from the open source Zefania XML project (which I then further pare down in some cases). The problem with Zefania is, it is a simple (and most importantly, free) format to work with but it is basic text and does not include some of the features such as titles. This is also the reason I can't implement the red text for Jesus' words despite this being requested by several people.
    10-26-11 01:45 PM
    Great news! My pleas for help worked, and they expedited the approval of 2.4.10! It's back up on AppWorld (or will be shortly).
    Please download and let me know if there are any issues!

Thanks for everyone's support and patience!
    10-26-11 02:16 PM
    downloads ok, install fails. error 0008. love this app
    10-26-11 03:38 PM
    I'm seeing this as well today.
    10-26-11 04:22 PM
    This is with version 2.4.10? I've had a few people report success on the latest version. And the RIM rep I asked to help out checked the app to make sure it loads properly personally before helping me push it through.

This could be an App World issue, please try restarting your PB and see if it helps. You may want to contact RIM if you still have issues.
    breley likes this.
    10-26-11 06:04 PM
    App World kept failing with 2.4.9, so I uninstalled, "restarted" my Playbook, then reinstalled from the "My World/Uninstalled" and then installation proceeded without any issues.

Thanks for looking into this.
    10-26-11 06:55 PM
    Do you have any specific suggestions on how to make it more "clean cut"? Just want to better understand how I can improve.

As for portrait, I've started working on it, but it's quite a lot of work as everything needs to be reorganized and redrawn. I also need to work out the logic to maintain state when you flip. Anyway, it will come, eventually...
    see you version (on blackberry) they have a pretty fair layout

put icons together (2 x 2) or allow options for me to jump directly into bible reading or directly to prayer list when i open.

I m not sure how many people use the 'users' options but i think... think most users of the app will only have 1 user unless they start dropping pbs in the pews at church and even then i dont know if 'multiple users' will be used. however options to allow for it should stay.... just 0.02$

i see 2.4.10 now, thanks gonna upgrade now
    10-26-11 09:19 PM
    Just so you know, you're not the only developer to have this happen. One app I bought yesterday and one that had an update, I've gotten the same error for. Hope RIM gets this sorted, it's sad that developers have to take the heat for this when it's not their fault.
    10-26-11 11:36 PM

The good news is, I did just submit 2.4.10. With any luck, RIM will approve it within a day or two, at which time we should be able to put this all behind us... hopefully...
    new download fixed it. Thanks again for awesome app.
    10-27-11 06:01 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD