I'm trying to save some HTML files directly on the PB. I have the Offline Browser app but it's slow and it saves everything on a page, whereas I want to save certain files only and leave out images.

On desktop QNX you can run curl or wget to do this. I poked around the PB shell but curl/wget are missing. It's interesting that libcurl is in the NDK and in the OS as well. Anyone had luck with compiling and running either program on PB?
    05-09-13 02:15 PM
    well, it's certainly not as fully featured or as useful as curl or wget, but here's a little something I've just thrown together: Droplr • test.html

It is (as I'm sure you can see if you've clicked the link), an HTML document. Save it onto your PB, e.g. in the "dowloads" folder or something, then navigate to "file:///" in the PB browser, and go to accounts > 1000 > shared > downloads, then tap the HTML document. You'll be presented with an input box and a button. Type in any URL, hit the button and a link will appear. That link will allow you to download whatever URL you typed in (including HTML files, without opening them). Maybe bookmark the downloader page if you're going to use it a lot.

I might do a little more work on this some time and perhaps if I'm really bored package it up as an app.

Hope it's at least a little helpful, even if it's not absolutely fantastic.
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    05-09-13 05:14 PM
    I don't know if I'm doing it right but I can't save any files with that script. I enter a URL into the text box, hit the Download button, the link appears. But when I click the link, it goes to the URL page, not to a saved offline copy.

Edit:

Sorry, it does work. All files are saved in the downloads folder. Nicely done.
    05-09-13 07:24 PM
    I don't know if I'm doing it right but I can't save any files with that script. I enter a URL into the text box, hit the Download button, the link appears. But when I click the link, it goes to the URL page, not to a saved offline copy.

Edit:

Sorry, it does work. All files are saved in the downloads folder. Nicely done.
    Glad you got it working.
    05-10-13 04:48 AM
    Does it have resume support?
    That's why I need wget.. where are the porters at?

Posted from a factory unlocked Z10 (and I also have one for sale)
    05-27-13 07:33 PM