Is there any app similar to Crunsh SMS(TextFreek actually)/Touch that works on the playbook?
    For those who are not familiar with those apps it's a cross-platform texting app(iPhone,Android,bb)
    02-02-12 09:54 AM
    The only app I'm aware of is in App World and it installs on your phone. It sends texts to your email (on your Playbook) and you respond from there. I forget the name, but I'm sure it's not too hard to find.

BTW: I've been a Crunch user for years now. It is hands-down the best sms app around.
    02-02-12 01:07 PM
    There's no texting on the PlayBook at all yet, so the only choice is the app that james mentions.

Also, a "cross-platform" texting app? I don't get it Isn't texting cross-platform in the first place? Dumbphones have been able to text for years...
    02-02-12 03:11 PM
    google voice works for text thats the only way i could figure...but it does text
    02-04-12 08:37 PM
    Try this Send Free SMS Text Messages - Text 4 Free SMS/MMS , yes I know it's not an app but it is free. You can even send free texts with attachments from this site which as far as I am aware cannot be done with google voice.
    02-04-12 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD