With the much awaited Tablet OS 2.0 update for the BlackBerry PlayBook around the corner we have been spending a lot of efforts in testing all our applications, including Vault Password Manager, on the new OS to make sure that our users dont run into any issues or unexpected surprises.

On running in-house tests we found that when you update your Tablet OS to 2.0, some of the files (which are used to save users preferences and other run-time data) are being deleted. Although reported to RIM developer support, we are unsure if this bug in the OS will be fixed prior to the final release.

To safeguard user data we have therefore released a high priority update that should bypass this bug without any loss to your valuable data. We highly recommend that users update Vault to the latest version 1.1.0 PRIOR to updating their device to Tablet OS 2.0!
    This update also allows you to backup your data using your Dropbox account and restore it back when you need it. We recommend that as an extra precaution, users use this feature to backup their data to their Dropbox account.

Please note that the above scenario may also be prevented if you backup your complete application data using RIMs BlackBerry Desktop Manager software and restore this to your device after the upgrade.

The BlackBerry Desktop Manager is available for download here:
    (BlackBerry - Desktop Software)

To learn how to backup your data using this software check out the link below:
    How to back up and restore a BlackBerry PlayBook using BlackBerry Desktop Software for PC 6.1 Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Apart from the features to backup/restore your data this latest release to Vault also contains some much requested new features including support for adding user defined categories and importing of data from KeePass exported XML files.

This update of Vault (ver 1.1.0) has already been submitted to the BlackBerry AppWorld and is currently under review. We shall update this post once we have a confirmation and the update is available for download.
    02-18-12 02:08 AM
    Hi Everyone,

We wanted to let you all know that the update for Vault has been approved! Users can now go ahead and download V1.1 from the App World.

As mentioned before, we highly recommend that our users update their version of Vault PRIOR to updating to Tablet OS 2.0 to minimize chances of data loss during the update.

Based on popular demand, here are the new features that weve implemented in this update:

1. Ability to add your own custom categories
    2. Backup your Vault data using your Dropbox account
    3. Restore your data from Dropbox in case of a device failure or Auto Destruct
    4. Import data from your KeePass XML Files

Download Vault here.

We hope you will all enjoy the new and improved Vault!

Do email us at bbsupport [at] xlabz [.] com in case of any further suggestions or issues.
    Last edited by XLabz; 02-20-12 at 02:14 AM.
    02-20-12 12:39 AM

Based on popular demand, here are the new features that weve implemented in this update:

1. Ability to add your own custom categories
    2. Backup your Vault data using your Dropbox account
    3. Restore your data from Dropbox in case of a device failure or Auto Destruct
    4. Import data from your KeePass XML Files
    Nice update. Thanks for adding custom categories and I also like the custom name ability for "other".
    This is a really useful app!
    XLabz likes this.
    02-20-12 07:46 AM
    What is the name of the file that I'm supposed to back up on Dropbox? And is there a way to back that file up prior to upload to Dropbox so its the most current information?

Thanks
    02-20-12 05:07 PM
    What is the name of the file that I'm supposed to back up on Dropbox? And is there a way to back that file up prior to upload to Dropbox so its the most current information?

Thanks
    Update the app first, then when you open it the gear/options will give you a new option to create a back up. You'll have to sign into dropbox to complete the back up, but I found it a smooth process...
    macpcp and XLabz like this.
    02-20-12 06:03 PM
    Hmmm ok what am I doing wrong, I upgraded the app np, than hit the back up np, brought me to Backup window that said login or cancel, pressed login, which brings me to authorize access to dropbox....brings me into dropbox login page and a pink bar in the top states "an application wants to link into your dropbox please login or register"....I logged in....then I get to my Files screen, and that pink bar flashes up top "only a limited set of users can receive token access while in development mode" and than it does nothing.....? Am I supposed to do something here?
    Last edited by macpcp; 02-20-12 at 06:33 PM.
    02-20-12 06:24 PM
    Hmmm ok what am I doing wrong, I upgraded the app np, than hit the back up np, brought me to Backup window that said login or cancel, pressed login, which brings me to authorize access to dropbox....brings me into dropbox login page and a pink bar in the top states "an application wants to link into your dropbox please login or register"....I logged in....then I get to my Files screen, and that pink bar flashes up top "only a limited set of users can receive token access while in development mode" and than it does nothing.....? Am I supposed to do something here?
    Thanks for flagging this issue. There was a small glitch with the DropBox configuration for this app and we have already submitted a request to DropBox to get this right. It should be resolved within 24 hours from now and we will notify you as soon as it is done. After that you will be able to Backup/Restore data from and to DropBox. Sorry about this and thanks for your patience until then.
    02-21-12 01:43 AM
    Back up and restore both work fine for me??
    02-21-12 01:48 AM
    @DD1968: DropBox allows up to 5 users to use the feature when the app is set to "Development" mode. Once they approve the app to "Production" mode there is no limit. Luckily you were 1 of the 5 users to get in when the app was still in development mode We have already applied for Production status and hopefully they will approve it in the next few hours and this issue will be automatically get resolved.
    02-21-12 01:54 AM
    @DD1968: DropBox allows up to 5 users to use the feature when the app is set to "Development" mode. Once they approve the app to "Production" mode there is no limit. Luckily you were 1 of the 5 users to get in when the app was still in development mode We have already applied for Production status and hopefully they will approve it in the next few hours and this issue will be automatically get resolved.
    I see (lucky me )... I did wonder, thanks.
    02-21-12 01:59 AM
    @Macpcp: This issue is now resolved. Please try once more and confirm if it works fine now.
    02-22-12 12:06 AM
    The issue with DropBox has now been resolved and you should be able to backup and restore files to and from DropBox as usual. If you have previously faced problems with this procedure please try now and confirm if everything is working fine.
    02-22-12 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD