I just made this:

If you have my Screamager app you can play it by loading a remote animation and use this URL:

http://www.i-marco.nl/stuff/cb.json

I'm thinking of adding this animation to the built-in ones for the app. What do you guys think?
    04-21-11 12:19 AM
    I love it!!!
    04-21-11 02:56 PM
    Thanks Kevin

I'm hoping to speed things up in future releases. I have an idea on how to do it already. I just have to code it up hehe
    04-21-11 03:59 PM
    OMG!! that is slow.
    04-21-11 07:17 PM
    OMG!! that is slow.
    Captain obvious is obvious? See my previous post.
    04-21-11 07:37 PM
    In continuous efforts to improve I just pushed an update to RIM that speeds things up quite a bit. I think 30-40% faster!

This release also includes the CrackBerry.com animation as a built-in one!

Note: it takes forever for RIM to approve updates so I don't know when it will be available...
    04-23-11 03:37 AM
    on my playbook screamager runs rather quick!
    TheMarco likes this.
    04-23-11 04:31 AM
    on my playbook screamager runs rather quick!
    Yeah the text scrolling is awesome fast. The animations however not so much. This is what I'm currently trying to improve. Yesterday i got a significant speed boost implemented thanks to a clever tip I read on the BB Dev forum. It's currently awaiting approval which unfortunately takes forever with RIM.
    04-23-11 05:58 PM
    But who was one of the first to try screamager?
    04-23-11 09:35 PM
    You, for which I'm thankful

P.S. I just got approval notice from RIM so the improved version including the CrackBerry animation as a built-in one should be available any time now!
    04-25-11 11:32 AM
    Screamager looks so cool but i couldnt get it to work!! i would set up a scroll and start it, but it would play the prior animation instead.
    Maybe the update will help???
    04-25-11 08:39 PM
    Screamager looks so cool but i couldnt get it to work!! i would set up a scroll and start it, but it would play the prior animation instead.
    Maybe the update will help???
    Do you have that all the time, consistently?

I noticed one problem where it would act odd when starting something with the keyboard still in view. This has to be some platform bug. The environment from RIM still has some odd quirks. Other than that I haven't seen any glitches myself or received complaints.

Can you tell me a bit more about what exactly happens or if it's hard to explain make a quick video of it?
    04-25-11 09:54 PM
    Do you have that all the time, consistently?

I noticed one problem where it would act odd when starting something with the keyboard still in view. This has to be some platform bug. The environment from RIM still has some odd quirks. Other than that I haven't seen any glitches myself or received complaints.

Can you tell me a bit more about what exactly happens or if it's hard to explain make a quick video of it?
    I'll play with it again today and get a consistent idea of what is happening. I probably did have the keyboard up, so I'll try closing it first...

Thanks!
    04-26-11 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD