Ok guys, this community did wonderful things over at XDA Developers in order to vote for a Playbook forum to be added there. Now we need your help over at Gameloft. Gameloft currently has 6 games for us, which also happen to be our most popular games, ie. Modern Combat, NOVA2 etc.

Problem: Gameloft has a disgusting reputation for customer support and adding games for any device that doesn't start with an "i". Currently they have an Android games forum and an iphone/ipad forum. We have nothing. Furthermore a search of their site shows a bare handful of threads even posted about playbooks. We're never going to get a healthy game selection from Gameloft because they're a fire-and-forget type of developer who like to just throw in a handful of games per non-Apple device and call it a day.

Solution: support this thread so they know we're here and they realize that we are a healthy market for them to develop for!
    Last edited by omniusovermind; 02-18-12 at 07:58 AM.
    02-09-12 09:14 AM
    Gameloft doesn't make those games. RIM makes them.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    02-09-12 09:35 AM
    Gameloft doesn't make those games. RIM makes them.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    From what I've read RIM bought the existing games from gameloft but they are indeed made by gameloft. The problem is that GL aren't directly developing for the PB themselves.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    02-09-12 09:53 AM
    Do you guys have sources? I am just wondering how you know RIM bought these games for release on the PB?
    02-09-12 10:19 AM
    From what I've read RIM bought the existing games from gameloft but they are indeed made by gameloft. The problem is that GL aren't directly developing for the PB themselves.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    In the other thread, it was mentioned that RIM purchased a license and ported them... is that correct?

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    02-09-12 10:26 AM
    I posted in support of you!
    omniusovermind likes this.
    02-09-12 10:48 AM
    Do you guys have sources? I am just wondering how you know RIM bought these games for release on the PB?

Hi,
    Thank you for your letter. Unfortunately I do not have a technical ability to help you as all the rights for Playbook applications belong to BB Apps. I would recommend you to contact

BlackBerry - App World Help

in order to resolve your technical or billing issues (as the billing goes on their site).

If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Sincerely,
    -------------------------------
    Elena Popsulis
    Customer Care Agent
    Mobile Games - Top iPhone Games, Android Games, Java Games for Cell Phones | Gameloft

Gameloft forums here I come
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 02-09-12 at 11:16 AM.
    02-09-12 10:57 AM
    I posted to the GL thread.

I doubt that RIM bought these games for release on the PB.
    02-09-12 12:01 PM
    Hi,
    Thank you for your letter. Unfortunately I do not have a technical ability to help you as all the rights for Playbook applications belong to BB Apps. I would recommend you to contact

BlackBerry - App World Help

in order to resolve your technical or billing issues (as the billing goes on their site).

If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Sincerely,
    -------------------------------
    Elena Popsulis
    Customer Care Agent
    Mobile Games - Top iPhone Games, Android Games, Java Games for Cell Phones | Gameloft

Gameloft forums here I come
    Bingo.

RIM should be getting your communications. As far as Gameloft goes, they never made anything for the Playbook.
    02-09-12 12:33 PM
    Bingo.

RIM should be getting your communications. As far as Gameloft goes, they never made anything for the Playbook.
    That's why I want us to lobby Gameloft so that they start directly supporting Playbooks in the same way they directly support and develop for iPads ans Android tablets. I suggest we also follow his above suggestion that we contact RIM to purchase more licenses from Gameloft to ensure some kind of progress is made.
    02-09-12 09:26 PM
    That's why I want us to lobby Gameloft so that they start directly supporting Playbooks in the same way they directly support and develop for iPads ans Android tablets. I suggest we also follow his above suggestion that we contact RIM to purchase more licenses from Gameloft to ensure some kind of progress is made.
    Got ya.... makes sense.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    02-09-12 09:51 PM
    i agree with the op.
    this is a grea idea and ill post on that thread too
    02-09-12 11:51 PM
    Success!

Guys and renegade,

I am sorry for the misunderstanding

We are planning to port more games to Playbook, so follow our announcements.
    02-11-12 02:25 PM
    As I said before.... You have my bow.
    02-11-12 03:10 PM
    I posted as well. Good to see that there is an indication that further Gameloft games are coming this way. I still think it would be a good idea though for others to register and indicate a note of support for this.
    KermEd likes this.
    02-12-12 12:10 AM
    Done (can't hurt)
    02-12-12 02:25 AM
    bumping, we hit 2 pages worth of requests so far in that thread
    Register, post, and lets get some more HD gaming goodness coming our way ASAP
    Darlaten likes this.
    02-18-12 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD