I think it would be interesting to see a poll on the main webpage of Crackberry.com asking:

Do you think RIM is holding back 3rd party PlayBook applications in favor of their own or their business partners?

A. Yes. Shame on RIM!

B. No. They would never do this.

C. Not on purpose, but because the submission process is flaud.

Since RIM isn't answering or even listening, maybe the results of this poll
    would get their attention.

Just a thought....

Tim
    05-19-11 01:25 PM
    Hmmmm.. I don't understand why you think they're holding anything back? I'm pretty sure RIM's position is that they'd like to see as many apps going live in App World for the PlayBook as possible. If we're not seeing as many apps as we'd hope, I'm pretty sure that's more because devs aren't submitting them (vs. RIM holding them up). I don't think the App World teams are too backlogged at the moment in approving apps.

I can definitely make polls happen on the homepage.. just not sure that this totally makes sense as a poll.
    05-19-11 01:44 PM
    Kevin, you may know RIM the best of all of us, so your opinion carries great weight.

But in the threads like the one below it does seem odd that they are no apps
    for email or IMs for the popular services, to name a couple.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/em...eld-up-615084/

I am untrusting of large cooperations when it comes to them protecting themselves and the lengths they will go to.

Releasing a 3rd party email client could reflect badly on them and in fact
    a couple of web based articles have stated so. Such as "aMail beats RIM to the punch".

I like my BB phone and PlayBook but it does seem odd that we get tons of games, crapapps and such but not one email client or chat IM has appeared.

I speak on point, mostly about AFlex and their aMail. Their aVNC came out in good time but their email client aMail seems stuck somewhere.

I also believe that distrust breeds in a vacuum. RIM seems to be very silent
    in their processing of submitted applications.

Hope you can see why I and others have some of suspicions and concerns on this. Emails to RIM, from me have simply never been responded to.

If they have a reason for these programs not being in App World they are not saying and that alone makes me suspicious.

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 05-19-11 at 04:43 PM.
    05-19-11 02:03 PM
    I would like to point out on April 19 I submited a Facebook App to the App World, still nothing back from RIM. On April 21, I submitted a Hulu App to the App World and still nothing. As a test I submitted my Tic Tac Toe game as Tic Tac Toe Pro to race with Hulu and Facebook and just over a week later it was accepted, it had since been updated and my Tic Tac Toe app has been updated 3 times.

Now I will let you make your own minds up but I'm just saying what has happened. I did make me think twice before carrying on and it's not helping becuase I'm currently under pressure to favour Android and put the PlayBook development on the back-burner. I am a fan of BlackBerrys and RIM but I'm also a fan on making money.
    05-19-11 04:13 PM
    I would like to hear other app submission timelines as well, either ones that are good and ones that are not.
    But mostly about apps that would compete with RIMs or their possible partners future offerings.

Thanks,

Tim
    05-19-11 04:39 PM
    I would like to point out on April 19 I submited a Facebook App to the App World, still nothing back from RIM. On April 21, I submitted a Hulu App to the App World and still nothing. As a test I submitted my Tic Tac Toe game as Tic Tac Toe Pro to race with Hulu and Facebook and just over a week later it was accepted, it had since been updated and my Tic Tac Toe app has been updated 3 times.

Now I will let you make your own minds up but I'm just saying what has happened. I did make me think twice before carrying on and it's not helping becuase I'm currently under pressure to favour Android and put the PlayBook development on the back-burner. I am a fan of BlackBerrys and RIM but I'm also a fan on making money.
    Thanks for the information. It does seem odd that they would hold back
    the two apps that I would think most folks would want.

Again, RIM or one of their partners may have one coming out.

Is there a pattern here?

Tim
    05-19-11 04:41 PM
    How about making the poll: Are you suspicious of corporations?

Without knowing the process, its all just speculation.
    05-19-11 05:02 PM
    How about making the poll: Are you suspicious of corporations?

Without knowing the process, its all just speculation.
    You do not need to know the process if you
    examine the results to see if it is working or fair. That what I am after.

I could care less, to some degree, what the process is. I just suspect
    the process is not working or is being manipulated.

Most folks have no idea how a computer works, but they can sure
    tell when it's not working correctly.

Tim
    05-19-11 05:10 PM
    That's ridiculous. It makes all the difference in the world. Is there a reason for the delays or it is a corporate conspiracy not supported by a shred of evidence? The results do nothing to answer that question and neither would a poll of people that don't have the inside knowledge that could answer it.
    05-19-11 05:21 PM
    That's ridiculous. It makes all the difference in the world. Is there a reason for the delays or it is a corporate conspiracy not supported by a shred of evidence? The results do nothing to answer that question and neither would a poll of people that don't have the inside knowledge that could answer it.
    I would agree up to a point, but in the end, if RIM does not get the
    apps out that folks want or give the Devs a fair shack in getting said apps
    on App World, which is the only way of getting an app onto the PlayBook
    right now, then how they do it an issue for the ones running the show or
    investigating it.

For the average consumer they only care they get what they pay for in a timely
    manner.

Why doesn't RIM answer the question in detail?

Why do they not answer emails about it from customers or Devs?

Most folks don't know how Wall Street works, but they know how it affected them.

It may seem "ridiculous" to you, but to others it may not. Please respect them as well.

My intent for this thread is to ask a question,,not to get into a pi*sing match over it.
    There are other threads on this subject for that.

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 05-19-11 at 05:36 PM.
    05-19-11 05:31 PM
    I'm not sure how I disrespected anyone just by not seeing it the same way you do. You're asking for an opinion poll on a matter that is fact-based. Its like a bunch of us voting on whether a batch of fruit is organic or not based on the fruit. You might get an idea of how people feel, but it won't prove the point. The process holds all the answers...
    05-19-11 05:42 PM
    I'm not sure how I disrespected anyone just by not seeing it the same way you do. You're asking for an opinion poll on a matter that is fact-based. Its like a bunch of us voting on whether a batch of fruit is organic or not based on the fruit. You might get an idea of how people feel, but it won't prove the point. The process holds all the answers...
    That's an argument I would expect RIM to make. You've made it in other threads but it still doesn't hold water. Read the post from the dev above (SSaywell) that tells about his experience with certain types of apps. Yes, we don't know the exact process. Does RIM? If the process is to blame it's f**ked up beyond all reason. (fubar as they say).

Seems rather strange that the process always seems flawed on those apps that are in competition with RIMs delayed efforts, but every damn fart app developer out there seems to slide right through to approval in quick order.

I see you changed your avatar from the one with the silver helmet.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 05-19-11 at 08:27 PM.
    05-19-11 08:24 PM
    I can definitely make polls happen on the homepage.. just not sure that this totally makes sense as a poll.
    It would only make sense if someone (RIM) were paying attention to it, or if the results got to them somehow. The same types of questions are abundant on many other forums, not just Crackberry.

There is a common "thread" so to speak in the world of Blackberry enthusiasts and Playbook supporters.
    trsbbs and Maine like this.
    05-19-11 08:33 PM
    if this holds true, then now im worried. Some sort of explanation is deserved from RIM to why there is such a hold up. I would rather they explain things opposed to keeping everything a secret.
    05-19-11 10:02 PM
    It's simply a matter of looking at it logically or emotionally. I choose the former. There are File Manager and File Browser apps in App World, a functionality that RIM has yet to bring. How does that fit into your conspiracy theory? ALl you have is anecdotal evidence that doesn't prove anything. Show me where that's incorrect... You've decided your position and want Kevin to shove it RIMs face...

BTW, Do you understand the concept behind the "tinfoil hat" type references you continue to make? You're alleging a conspiracy and telling me I'm wearing the tin... It would almost be flattering that you track my avatar changes if it weren't so stalkerish creepy...
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 05-19-11 at 10:31 PM.
    05-19-11 10:28 PM
    Ok, everyone put the thread on the ground and back away from it slowly...

Lets take this down a notch or five..

Smile, drink and BB happy!

Tim
    05-19-11 11:03 PM
    nah i have been following the developer of the avnc app and i remember this person posting that they submitted the email app before the avnc app and yet it took about 2 weeks for the avnc app to be accepted in app world and there is still no email app from them. RIM sent a response stating there was a mixup on their part. Im not saying that they did it on purpose but it does sound sketchy no matter how you look at it. Everyday i look for actual quality apps in appworld and I see so many subpar games that are added. When i mean they are so secretive, I am talking about their lack of communication to their customers. I would rather hear them say to the developer "we are testing your app extensively and it will take time for us to approve it" instead they took weeks without saying anything and then state there was a "mixup" screw conspiracy I would like communication thats all.
    05-20-11 04:55 AM
    nah i have been following the developer of the avnc app and i remember this person posting that they submitted the email app before the avnc app
    conspiracy theories aside, AiFlex clarified that aVnc was submitted before aMail.
    05-20-11 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD