Ok, so I've had my PlayBook for a few days now. There are just a couple of things that need improving for me to sell my iPad.

Anyone else think this?

A decent Twitter for PlayBook app.
    Also, a decent YouTube app, whats the point of having an option to sign into your account when you cant even view your subscriptions
    and the facebook app could do with some polishing

I mainly use my iPad for browsing, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. although the purchase of my PlayBook as thrown me into buying the new Curve 9320 phone

Thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    05-17-12 04:01 PM
    have you tried youtube in the browser? it works well. just bookmark it and have the bookmark on your homescreen so you can launch it conveniently
    05-17-12 04:05 PM
    I have tried it, but because the screen is small I think it would work better in an app

Also, does anyone else find it annoying when you save a webpage to home screen and it uses a rubbish screenshot for the icon
    05-17-12 04:31 PM
    Ok, so I've had my PlayBook for a few days now. There are just a couple of things that need improving for me to sell my iPad.

Anyone else think this?

A decent Twitter for PlayBook app.
    Also, a decent YouTube app, whats the point of having an option to sign into your account when you cant even view your subscriptions
    and the facebook app could do with some polishing

I mainly use my iPad for browsing, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. although the purchase of my PlayBook as thrown me into buying the new Curve 9320 phone

Thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    Get Blaq. It's the actual best Twitter app on any system. It's gorgeous and polished to a mirror shine. Blaq will have you wondering why the other systems are so primitive.
    Barljo, bldshd and jcarty like this.
    05-17-12 04:42 PM
    I have tried it, but because the screen is small I think it would work better in an app

Also, does anyone else find it annoying when you save a webpage to home screen and it uses a rubbish screenshot for the icon

Works great for me
    05-17-12 11:18 PM
    If you zoom in to the webpage logo, or some part of the page that looks ok on the screen, when you create the homescreen icon for that fave, you will see you zoomed/better image on the icon...

Look at the last two icons on my screenshot... Both are google, first is bookmark saved without zooming, second is the same link but zoomed into the google logo.
    Last edited by DD1968; 05-17-12 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Add images
    jslawell and PiotrJot like this.
    05-17-12 11:40 PM
    If you zoom in to the webpage logo, or some part of the page that looks ok on the screen, when you create the homescreen icon for that fave, you will see you zoomed/better image on the icon...

Look at the last two icons on my screenshot... Both are google, first is bookmark saved without zooming, second is the same link but zoomed into the google logo.
    I did not know about that. Thank you for the tip

But I just noticed something else, and you got me hooked by that In your browser folder: is it opera? Where did you find it? Native/android? Does the 'opera link' work ?
    05-18-12 01:39 AM
    I did not know about that. Thank you for the tip

But I just noticed something else, and you got me hooked by that In your browser folder: is it opera? Where did you find it? Native/android? Does the 'opera link' work ?
    It's an android side-load.
    Think the BAR is on the forums somewhere. It's an old build too, isn't really optimised for tablet/touch screen at all.
    I only have it as one site I frequent didn't like the native browser/secure browser, but worked on Dolphin and Opera.
    If you want the BAR I'll stick it on dropbox later for you (we're talking much later, as I'm on my way to work though).
    05-18-12 01:46 AM
    It's an android side-load.
    Think the BAR is on the forums somewhere. It's an old build too, isn't really optimised for tablet/touch screen at all.
    I only have it as one site I frequent didn't like the native browser/secure browser, but worked on Dolphin and Opera.
    If you want the BAR I'll stick it on dropbox later for you (we're talking much later, as I'm on my way to work though).
    I would appreciate it!
    Whenever you have it on your DB, just send me the PM, and I will get it then.
    And thanks a lot!!!
    05-18-12 01:53 AM
    I would appreciate it!
    Whenever you have it on your DB, just send me the PM, and I will get it then.
    And thanks a lot!!!
    No worries, I'll do it tonight for you when I get back from work. I THINK it's ver 3.2 or 4.4, so as I said a pretty old build though, and it aint great
    05-18-12 01:59 AM
    As for a decent twitter app Blaq for Playbook is worth the two dollars and is pretty featured packed. By far my favorite app, although I did use Lemma for awhile, which is free but not as featured pack.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    jcarty likes this.
    05-18-12 04:48 PM
    Youtube: browser.
    Facebook: browser.
    Twitter: Blaq.
    05-18-12 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD