I was trying to get 'Nobex radio' for my Playbook. However, it is no longer available in the AppWorld.
    Could anyone please share the bar file with me, so I can sideload it to PB.
    Thank you.
    Could anyone share Nobex Radio.bar with me please?-nobex.jpg
    Could anyone share Nobex Radio.bar with me please?-2.png
    --------------------------
    I did search 'Nobex Radio for Blackberry Playbook'. It brought me to the AppWorld. However, it said 'This item is not supported by your current device profile'. I guess it's more of a region issue. I might not be able to get it unless I have the bar file.
    No worries. I would better let it go. Thanks for all your help.
    Could anyone share Nobex Radio.bar with me please?-nobex.png
    Last edited by homejogger; 03-23-19 at 12:05 AM.
    03-22-19 03:01 AM
    Are you sure that it's no longer in BBW? Just go into BBW and search for it. It shows up in my Playbook. I also just checked using my PC and can be accessed there also searching for " Nobex Radio for BlackBerry Playbook".
    homejogger likes this.
    03-22-19 10:01 AM
    Also, unless the developer made the app available outside of BBW, you won't find native bar files out in the wild. They can't be separately extracted from a device or a backup file.

Unless things are different on PlayBooks.
    homejogger likes this.
    03-22-19 10:43 AM
    you won't find native bar files out in the wild.
    Well, yeah you can in some cases and with shady circumstance but not for the case of the Nobex .bar. You won't find it anywhere in the "wild".
    03-22-19 10:46 AM
    Well, yeah you can in some cases and with shady circumstance but not for the case of the Nobex .bar. You won't find it anywhere in the "wild".
    Those are only apk files converted to bar though. Not actual native apps.
    03-22-19 10:48 AM
    Not actual native apps
    How about games such as Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Monopoly etc.? Are they ported android games or were they specifically created for BB? These are all paid apps and I think they may not have been ported. Anyway, they are no longer available in BBW but they are available in other locations among many more games that previously needed to be purchased. Splashtop HD is another one that is unavailable now which I previously paid for.
    03-22-19 02:23 PM
    How about games such as Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Monopoly etc.? Are they ported android games or were they specifically created for BB? These are all paid apps and I think they may not have been ported. Anyway, they are no longer available in BBW but they are available in other locations among many more games that previously needed to be purchased. Splashtop HD is another one that is unavailable now which I previously paid for.
    I can't say first hand, but unless Rovio itself seeded the bars, they are probably the android versions that you are seeing.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    03-22-19 02:25 PM
    I can't say first hand, but unless Rovio itself seeded the bars, they are probably the android versions that you are seeing.
    I am pretty sure you are wrong about that BUT I cannot prove this. Quickly looked up a link: https://www.gizbot.com/apps/angry-bi...-playbook.html which explains Lazaridis bringing AB to Playbook but, of course this is not definitive. I've got these games and many others (9mm for instance) and they run beautifully, not clunky as you may expect an android convert. If they were just android ports would they really be this elegant? And they were paid-for apps.
    KOHTYP likes this.
    03-22-19 02:34 PM
    I am pretty sure you are wrong about that BUT I cannot prove this. Quickly looked up a link: https://www.gizbot.com/apps/angry-bi...-playbook.html which explains Lazaridis bringing AB to Playbook but, of course this is not definitive. I've got these games and many others (9mm for instance) and they run beautifully, not clunky as you may expect an android convert. If they were just android ports would they really be this elegant? And they were paid-for apps.
    You misunderstand.

They were native apps, yes.

I'm just wondering about the ones you are CURRENTLY seeing being posted.
    03-22-19 02:35 PM
    I'm just wondering about the ones you are CURRENTLY seeing being posted.
    No, I've downloaded and compared Monopoly to my paid version. No difference as far as I can tell (in size etc). They run identically.
    03-22-19 02:44 PM
    No, I've downloaded and compared Monopoly to my paid version. No difference as far as I can tell (in size etc). They run identically.
    Well then, the developer has seeded the Internet with their bar files. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is no other way that they could be there.
    03-22-19 02:45 PM
    I was trying to get 'Nobex radio' for my Playbook. However, it is no longer available in the AppWorld.
    Could anyone please share the bar file with me, so I can sideload it to PB.
    Thank you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nobex.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	443523
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	226.8 KB 
ID:	443524
    Let me check into this for you homejogger. I'll see what I can locate.
    03-22-19 04:23 PM
    I'll see what I can locate.
    I've already told him that it's still in BBW. That scan code does not work but you can find it manually. See post #2 .
    homejogger likes this.
    03-22-19 04:48 PM
    I've already told him that it's still in BBW. That scan code does not work but you can find it manually. See post #2 .
    Ah, fair enough. @homejogger , I was actually also able to search just "Nobex" and find the app. Let us know if you continue to have trouble and we can provide a direct BBW link.
    homejogger likes this.
    03-22-19 05:04 PM
    Thank you Brookie. I think it's more of a region problem. It seems this app is not available in my country.
    Could anyone share Nobex Radio.bar with me please?-nobex.png
    03-23-19 12:06 AM
    Thank you Trumpet. I now figure out it could be a region limit. Thanks for your help.
    03-23-19 12:08 AM
    Well then, the developer has seeded the Internet with their bar files. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is no other way that they could be there.
    Sachesi's bbw bar extractor when it was available? In any case, yes there are lots of sites with native bar files for PB. Someone(s) found a way.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-31-19 10:38 AM