Till date the costlest app was dead space and Rdm+, now there is this app called PFW or Pro Football Pics which cost Rs4201.65 i.e, $93.37. Would you pay so much for this app

Here are the screen shot
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 01-27-12 at 10:49 AM.
    09-20-11 11:41 PM
    Till date the costlest app was dead space and Rdm+, now there is this app called PFW or Pro Football Pics which cost Rs4201.65 i.e, $93.37. Would you pay so much for this app

Here are the screen shot
    Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry still costs $99.99USD, whether it's available for PlayBook I'm not sure.
    09-21-11 12:11 AM
    Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry still costs $99.99USD, whether it's available for PlayBook I'm not sure.
    Garmin Mobile App not available for playbook.
    There is another app Share Plus Office Client for PB which is $31.11 i was wrong about DeadSpace and Rdm+ being the costliest
    09-21-11 12:24 AM
    Garmin Mobile App not available for playbook.
    There is another app Share Plus Office Client for PB which is $31.11 i was wrong about DeadSpace and Rdm+ being the costliest
    Some are worth it, some aren't.
    09-21-11 12:31 AM
    I agree with you completely, some app developers are kind enough to include trail version. I think RIM should make a rule that all costly app say above $10 should come with a trial version.
    09-21-11 12:37 AM
    I agree with you completely, some app developers are kind enough to include trail version. I think RIM should make a rule that all costly app say above $10 should come with a trial version.
    Nothing like paying for an app only to realize you don't like it after all or that it messes up your device.
    09-21-11 12:51 AM
    Are low prices killing the digital marketplace?

I wonder how the average consumer determines how much an app is worth. The vast majority of paid apps are priced in the lowest tiers. There is no relationship between an apps complexity its selling price. Thee is no relationship between the effort needed to bring an app to market and the price that can be charged for it.

In a market where a $5:00 price is considered to be "high" there is little incentive (other than pride and vanity) for a developer to put a lot of work into an app. Competition is fierce. In almost every category, there is a free app that "spoils" the market for a professional developer (who wants to make a living).
    09-21-11 09:11 AM
    I was really considering the $90 PFW app after downloading their NFL Insider app. If you bet on NFL games (or any other professional sport in general), you'll find that these professional line setters/gamblers will give you their tips and for sure picks of the week. They aren't 100%, but they have statistics to back up their picks... and generally, to get their picks you have to pay a premium because you can potentially win a lot of money in return.
    09-21-11 10:49 AM
    Are low prices killing the digital marketplace?

I wonder how the average consumer determines how much an app is worth. The vast majority of paid apps are priced in the lowest tiers. There is no relationship between an apps complexity its selling price. Thee is no relationship between the effort needed to bring an app to market and the price that can be charged for it.

In a market where a $5:00 price is considered to be "high" there is little incentive (other than pride and vanity) for a developer to put a lot of work into an app. Competition is fierce. In almost every category, there is a free app that "spoils" the market for a professional developer (who wants to make a living).
    Depends on how well the lesser option is if it's competeing with an expensive app - some free/cheap apps are actually cheap comparitively and the user has a choice between shelling out some cash or dealing with a device made problematic by bad coding. The dev that's going to bank is the one who sells a great product at a lower price than their competition without going so low that it's unprofitibale.
    09-21-11 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD