At the moment the majority of apps that have been converted have been from mobile android apps.

BUT why aren't we converting kindle fire android apps, since the kindle fire and playbook have the same screen size/dimensions.

for example I've sideloaded the official twitter client, which does work on my playbook but it looks stretched out and weird. Surely the kindle fire version would be better suited for my playbook.

thoughts?

Amazon.com: Kindle Fire apps: Appstore for Android

edit: and the kindle fire Amazon market place has netflix and hulu+
    Last edited by ZINGZOOM; 02-24-12 at 12:10 PM.
    02-24-12 11:05 AM
    "..since the kindle fire and playbook are pretty much the same"...screen size/dimensions.

Fixed that for you. Implying the two devices are the same is fightin' words. And I hope that is what you are saying, because beyond that it doesn't mean they'll convert any better.
    02-24-12 11:59 AM
    "..since the kindle fire and playbook are pretty much the same"...screen size/dimensions.

Fixed that for you. Implying the two devices are the same is fightin' words. And I hope that is what you are saying, because beyond that it doesn't mean they'll convert any better.
    Thanks i changed that

and I don't think it will mean they will convert any better, I just think its make more sense then converting an app which was made for an 3-4 inch screen.
    02-24-12 12:12 PM
    Thanks i changed that

and I don't think it will mean they will convert any better, I just think its make more sense then converting an app which was made for an 3-4 inch screen.
    Makes perfect sense to me and I understood exactly what you were saying in your original post.

I just gave my Kindle Fire to my mother-in-law. Funny, but I can't decide whether it was a gift or an insult. Anyway, she freakin' loves it so maybe it's both.
    02-24-12 12:25 PM
    On a related note, I see that a couple of Kindle Fire books (i.e., books available on Amazon specifically for the Kindle Fire) that I got for my kids' Kindle Fires don't work at all in the Kindle Android app on the PB -- unlike every other Kindle book I've ever gotten from Amazon.
    02-24-12 12:46 PM
    well, in defense of the original post, it was mentioned that the kindle fire had the same lack of access to certain google api's and that many android apps wouldnt run on the kindle fire for that reason. we're facing the same situation with our android player not having the same access to all api's and so maybe an app designed to run on the kindle fire would run just as well on our PB's
    02-24-12 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD