saw this on app world Phone Remote For BlackBerry PlayBook. read it and it sounds cool. $2.99 though. anyone tried it? how was it? reviews please.

link to app: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst.../48489?lang=en
    one con i can find now is that both pb and phone must be on the same wifi network.
    06-24-11 11:47 AM
    Looks cool, reminds me of SOTI's solution that does the same thing, just to your desktop. The app that goes on the BB is only 32K, has a very simple screen when launched that says what IP address to use.

Looks like they do have to be on the same wireless network, so a heads up to those hoping for bluetooth support here.

Haven't downloaded the PB version yet, I'll do that soon and take it for a test spin. I use the SOTI app often so I've got something to compare it to for speed and such.
    06-24-11 12:00 PM
    Well, does it work? Yes.... Is it at an acceptable speed? No.

There's about a 10-15 second lag from pressing a button on the PB to when you see the response on the PB screen, and about 1-2 second lag from seeing the BB register the button press.

Shortcut keys don't appear to work through it either.

I'd stay away for now, but it is a great idea!
    06-24-11 12:06 PM
    Ack, the biggest downfall of all? The delete key doesn't work!!! Or at least it doesn't work in BBM or text messages.
    06-24-11 12:11 PM
    Will have to keep an eye out for when they update this. Would be keen to get an app like this, as long as the response times are almost instant
    06-24-11 12:27 PM
    ill wait for the update..but the concept is great. just the implementation is a bit off seeing the reviews here
    06-24-11 12:37 PM
    Hey Guys,

I know the developer of this app and the message to all is we hear you. An update with delete and enter presses and the option to choose the image quality to enhance responsiveness (the quality of the image is currently set quite high so having it run at 20% should clear the responsiveness problems out).

Apologies for missing these key needs.

Feel free to leave some ideas and they will be implemented asap.
    06-24-11 07:01 PM
    Is it possible to reply to an sms via this app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-11 07:52 PM
    I'm looking forward for this apps, but unfortunatly unsuable as is.
    Took approx 12 second to refresh screen and i can't unlock my blackberry, i just can't enter any password.
    Last edited by Drashak; 06-24-11 at 08:02 PM. Reason: mistake
    06-24-11 08:00 PM
    hey all, message from developer....

Since release, delete and enter key functionality has been added, full screen ability added, saving snapshot of phone added and all lagging issues should be now sorted.

The problem with the white screen is that the playbook latest version has been approved and released on app world quicker than the phone pairing app which only got released in the last hour or so. Using both the latest versions will work.

if you haven't got the latest phone app version which is 1.1.2 and it isn't available on app world as an update, send an email and you will receive a link to the download.

Any other ideas for this app?
    06-30-11 05:48 PM
    if they will allow you to shut down the app on your phone. I don't want an app to constantly running on my phone if i'm not using it. After I would be glad to pay and use it.
    06-30-11 06:33 PM
    Well, after updating both apps to the most recent versions I'm now having the opposite problem -- I can see my phone's screen fine but I can't control it. Grrrrr.
    06-30-11 07:06 PM
    Regarding recent post above, running the app all the time, it doesn't run all the time as it sounds, it checks for wifi and then sleeps until a connection comes in. If no wifi connection is available then it sleeps until wifi is connected. Auto running the app as is was chosen over manual start because otherwise what if you were upstairs and hadn't started the app but wanted to make a connection?

It seems there is one last issue on some devices to sort out which is on first load accessing wifi gives unavailable, for a simple temporary workaround if the controls dont work on first start of the app, simply disconnect wifi and then reconnect on the phone. This final issue will be sorted in the next 24 hours, but i must stress it is just a case of disconnecting and reconnecting once to wifi network with phone.

Judging by recent emails and reviews the lagging issue seems to be sorted, and its running great now.
    07-01-11 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD