I was wondering if anybody knew of any signature capture application for the PB yet. I know Ipad and Android have them. For a professional tablet this is pretty important. I know that a lot of companies would love a strong robust application that woild help make their workforce more flexible and mobile.
    I would LOVE one and would pay for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    screamlordbyron likes this.
    07-08-11 11:07 AM
    I agree, his is a must have application. RIM advertised the Playbook as a complete business solution but I find myself carrying a playbook and a laptop because the playbook is still not what it was advertised to be. Sad but truth.
    07-08-11 05:39 PM
    I agree....this would be extremely useful!
    07-09-11 01:41 PM
    I was wondering if anybody knew of any signature capture application for the PB yet. I know Ipad and Android have them. For a professional tablet this is pretty important. I know that a lot of companies would love a strong robust application that woild help make their workforce more flexible and mobile.
    I would LOVE one and would pay for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    app called 'sign this photo'

its for pix mainly but there is a review done by someone that you can save a doc in jpeg and have it signed...never tried it...im sure more proper apps will come out to cater to this..patience is needed
    07-09-11 02:24 PM
    I think RIM put out sample code for a signature app. It's here:

Signature Capture - Sample Code - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I guess we should see apps incorporating this soon...
    brento likes this.
    07-09-11 09:56 PM
    One of the reasons i got a PB was in hope of this.
    07-24-11 01:08 AM
    I agree. As a professional business advice, this is huge. I told my co-worker about it and he said "I can do it on my IPad."
    07-24-11 09:12 AM
    Add me to the list of people wanting this app
    07-25-11 10:04 PM
    This is one app I have not been able to find on my PlayBook that I use on my Ipad and is one of the only reasons I still have an Ipad... I use EasySignMobile and I've already harassed the founder/ceo Sunil through contact@easysignmobile.com so feel free to add some fuel to the fire. : )
    He's building one for Android so we might get it that way, but I'd LOVE a native slick app like this. I'm in real estate and it has saved so much time and effort. There is no reason for printers/scanners with this app anymore.
    07-26-11 03:30 PM
    app called 'sign this photo'

its for pix mainly but there is a review done by someone that you can save a doc in jpeg and have it signed...never tried it...im sure more proper apps will come out to cater to this..patience is needed
    I have PhotoNote(free!) and it does work. Pull up the document you need signed and press the vol up and vol down keys to snap a screen shot of it...then open it using PhotoNote and you can blow up the signature area and have them sign(even adjust the pen line size). It is a decent short-term fill until a more robust app comes out.
    07-26-11 04:26 PM
    This has been a real problem for me as well. My temporary solution: Create signature and save in Word To Go. Copy and paste into email messages. Clumsy and and extra work but face-saving until RIM wakes up.

NOTE TO RIM: Really? The phones have signature capabilities, right? And this is a "professional tablet" right?

NOTE TO SELF: The PB is amazing, with huge potential. So the OS upgrade will show what RIM is made of .... right?
    10-03-11 03:15 PM
    Surprised that no one used the code that RIM posted to make a signature app...any one with AIR programming experience want to try?
    10-03-11 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD