I've had my playbook for a month now and bought Blaq from day one. However since the 1.0.6 update, refreshing no longer works, basically making the client useless (and Blaq themselves haven't been too helpful).

I've tested Tweedless (it's useable) and have also noticed Blackbird.

Has anyone used all three and can provide feedback on them?
    06-27-11 08:37 PM
    gavinn,

Developer of Blaq here. We are aware of the refresh issue with the OS 1.0.6 update and are working on a workaround and permanent fix.

We also have a major update on the way to deliver just about anything that is currently missing.

The famous question is: When?

The answer I can give is: as soon as we wrap up beta testing which will be VERY soon.
    Michelle Haag and pkcable like this.
    06-27-11 09:06 PM
    I've had my playbook for a month now and bought Blaq from day one. However since the 1.0.6 update, refreshing no longer works, basically making the client useless (and Blaq themselves haven't been too helpful).

I've tested Tweedless (it's useable) and have also noticed Blackbird.

Has anyone used all three and can provide feedback on them?
    Hi Gavin,

i have used all three. Tweedless is not my favorite, missing too much features.
    I have used Blaq for some time and i love the way Blaq handles external media (pictures, video and website) within the app. I rate it a 7.5 (on a scale from 1 to 10)

Blackbird has just released a nice upgrade but is not there yet. I would give it a 6 (you cannot attach pictures and all media is handled by the browser which makes it slow)

When i look at time between updates, Blackbird could become a winner but Blaq is talking about a major upgrade as well.
    06-28-11 04:00 AM
    Hi Gavin,

i have used all three. Tweedless is not my favorite, missing too much features.
    I have used Blaq for some time and i love the way Blaq handles external media (pictures, video and website) within the app. I rate it a 7.5 (on a scale from 1 to 10)

Blackbird has just released a nice upgrade but is not there yet. I would give it a 6 (you cannot attach pictures and all media is handled by the browser which makes it slow)

When i look at time between updates, Blackbird could become a winner but Blaq is talking about a major upgrade as well.
    I agree with Daniel. I have downloaded both Blaq and Blackbird (haven't tried Tweedless) and use Blackbird at the moment. Blaq is more feature rich but until the update problem is solved Blackbird is more useful. I tend to keep an eye on my timeline and post the odd tweet - Blackbird is fine for this. Blaq has extras and I particularly like the way it deals with external media within the app. Looking forward to the Blaq update; I think this will push it back up to the top!
    06-28-11 06:04 AM
    Cheers. Using Tweedless for now, it'll do. Waiting for the Blaq updatem
    06-29-11 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD