I doubt it. QNX. You must read the learn QNX thread. The PB hardware is also quite robust. A huge difference between BB stuff and all the rest is its robustness.
    This is what attracted me to PB in the beginning and I think it will turn out to be very important down the road. One thing that has been invariably true about computers since the first desktop is that todays "powerhouse" is tomorrow's "barely adequate".
    06-30-11 11:25 PM
    With the new ATT talk I completely forgot the advantage the playbook has is no extra cost for the bridge browser. I just pulled up the espn website and it work just as good as the native browser.
    07-01-11 08:39 AM
    Hey foreverup when you use the bridge browser do you get flash? In another thread about at&t I asked because someone said when you use the bridge browser you are using your phones browser and I said if you're getting flash you are not using your phones browser.

But alas no one has answered.
    07-01-11 08:46 AM
    In another thread about at&t I asked because someone said when you use the bridge browser you are using your phones browser and I said if you're getting flash you are not using your phones browser.
    So tell me, why is it that BB phones don't have Flash? BB's weren't offering any kind of touch input until 2008 (unlike the touch version of Flash which wasn't released to the public until May 2010, just before the 4th iPhone was released). RIM could've had the old Flash lite up and running on BB phones years ago. So why didn't they offer it? Did they "hate" Flash too?
    07-01-11 08:52 AM
    Got me ask RIM. Probably because the good ol bbos and the antiquated hardware couldn't handle it.
    07-01-11 08:56 AM
    Hey foreverup when you use the bridge browser do you get flash? In another thread about at&t I asked because someone said when you use the bridge browser you are using your phones browser and I said if you're getting flash you are not using your phones browser.

But alas no one has answered.
    Yes you can. I went to newgrounds.com which is a site exclusive to flash developers and got it to play. It took loading the site twice though so it might be a little hit or miss, but it did work.

Also, if you go to the options in the bridge browser you will see you can enable/disable flash.
    07-01-11 08:56 AM
    Thanks, then that blows the argument in the other thread out of the water.
    07-01-11 08:57 AM
    Thanks, then that blows the argument in the other thread out of the water.
    I'm assuming it was about if you are tethering or not with the bridge browser.

Which I say your not.

Also, flash is new before the latest update you couldn't use flash so the person might be confused.
    07-01-11 08:59 AM
    lol, yep. I agree you're not tethering either but the argument was if using the bridge you are using your phones browser but if you get flash there no way as we all know the bb browser does not do flash.
    07-01-11 09:05 AM
    lol, yep. I agree you're not tethering either but the argument was if using the bridge you are using your phones browser but if you get flash there no way as we all know the bb browser does not do flash.
    Yeah they should be looking at for a data point of view. That flash data is still being sent to your phone but just going unused because your BB doesn't have the capabilities to use it. The playbook has that capability so it uses that unused data.
    07-01-11 09:12 AM
    Yep, then there is the whole bandwidth argument but sorry getting this thread off topic. It's in the "Hey AT&T Customers You Can Bridge But Not Browse" thread. My views are in there.
    07-01-11 09:20 AM
    Yep, then there is the whole bandwidth argument but sorry getting this thread off topic. It's in the "Hey AT&T Customers You Can Bridge But Not Browse" thread. My views are in there.
    No worries, I don't mind OT. Also, I think the thread title and my OP is keeping people out so it's kind of nice to have a quiet thread.

Also, I'll repost my views in the other thread it probably will get them talking
    07-01-11 09:40 AM
    I'm sure it will, they have become quiet since my last post LOL.
    07-01-11 09:42 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD