Hello,

I dont see a app out there for this and I am thinking about getting a playbook. I like to make sure I can access these, I do a lot of trips and I got caught up on reading comics now that is so easy to download.

Is there a app I missed out there for this or if you read them using the browser how do they look? I rather have them downloaded to my device to read when I want too, but that is not a deal breaker.
    02-01-12 07:14 PM
    You sir are looking for this app:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-605681/

Worth every penny.

EDIT: Oops didn't realise exactly what comixology was sorry! While I'm not aware of a comixology app, the app linked above is still very good for reading files in cbr or cbz format.

I'm pretty sure the browser would be fine for reading comics online too.
    Last edited by NinjaBread; 02-01-12 at 07:28 PM.
    diegonei likes this.
    02-01-12 07:22 PM
    I e-mailed Comixology about this or any plans to support the Playbook's Android player. I even e-mailed them the link to Blackberry's website for devs to convert apk to bar files. they said if the Playbook Android player didn't have official access to the Google Market they had no interest in doing it by themselves. Too much work for them i guess.

Don't hold out much hop;e for them. They bungled the Kindle Fire app so bad that it doesn't sync with purchases made on other devices, nor will it load new comics every Wednesday. They've know about this since Xmas and still won't fix it. they just tell people to download the comics on their PC or phone and sync them over. If they're too lazy to support a tablet that sold 6M units in 2 months, then the Playbook will be the last thing on their minds.

As far as other comic apps go, i'm hoping that Comic rack supports the Playbook or can be sideloaded onto it. I use it on my laptop and while it is slow to load, but it's amazing when it comes to keeping my comics organized. Full screen reading. Mouse controls (unlike Comical). The Android apk can sync read or unread comics from your PC's lists either thru USB connection (the free app) or over wifi (with the paid $6.99 app). well, well worth it.
    02-07-12 04:28 PM
    I e-mailed Comixology about this or any plans to support the Playbook's Android player. I even e-mailed them the link to Blackberry's website for devs to convert apk to bar files. they said if the Playbook Android player didn't have official access to the Google Market they had no interest in doing it by themselves. Too much work for them i guess.

Don't hold out much hop;e for them. They bungled the Kindle Fire app so bad that it doesn't sync with purchases made on other devices, nor will it load new comics every Wednesday. They've know about this since Xmas and still won't fix it. they just tell people to download the comics on their PC or phone and sync them over. If they're too lazy to support a tablet that sold 6M units in 2 months, then the Playbook will be the last thing on their minds.

As far as other comic apps go, i'm hoping that Comic rack supports the Playbook or can be sideloaded onto it. I use it on my laptop and while it is slow to load, but it's amazing when it comes to keeping my comics organized. Full screen reading. Mouse controls (unlike Comical). The Android apk can sync read or unread comics from your PC's lists either thru USB connection (the free app) or over wifi (with the paid $6.99 app). well, well worth it.
    I have Comic Rack sideloaded on OS2 dev beta and it works fine (although dunno about the sync reading you mentioned)...
    02-07-12 05:23 PM
    I can only recommend the app Comics, mentioned in this thread. What are the functions missing there, to prefer other app (Comic rack, Comical, Comixology)?
    02-07-12 05:37 PM
    If you are willing to download your own comics then I recommend comics or mongoose (free), only bad thing is it doesn't support cbr.
    02-07-12 05:41 PM
    Mongoose is fine even without CBR (though I like the "Comics" interface better, get what you pay for), it takes about 2 minutes to convert a CBR to CBZ with WinRAR. 1. rename extension on CBR to .RAR 2. Open CBR (now RAR) file with WinRAR 3. Select Tools, Convert Archive 4. Click Compression button and choose zip 5. Click OK then OK 6. rename new file extension from .ZIP to .CBZ ...DONE!
    02-08-12 09:21 AM
    I just emailed comixology imploring them to port their Android App now that 2.0 is out. Everyone should do this, maybe eventually they will change their position.
    02-21-12 12:32 PM
    I would like to have comixology on my playbook. Anyone been able to use the android app on the playbook?
    06-02-12 09:33 AM
    The support for in-app payment options coming with 2.1 might make it more possible and attractive for their app to be ported over if they were so inclined to do so. As always, native would be better, but I'd give a port a spin.
    06-02-12 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD