I tried the Mongoose app first but couldn't get any of my files to show up . Where did you place the CBZ files?
    04-21-11 08:05 AM
    I tried the Mongoose app first but couldn't get any of my files to show up . Where did you place the CBZ files?
    I created a 'comics' subfolder in 'documents', but only out of my own preference for organizing things. Within Mongoose I was able to navigate to that folder with no problem and select the CBZ file.
    04-21-11 09:00 AM
    Apologies in advance, don't mean to hijack the thread and make it about another app ... but thought you might like to know that another reader popped up in App World (for free).... Thought you might be interested in seeing what the 'competition' is up to.
    Thank you for informing me, I wasn't aware.

Swiping down wasn't working for me so I had to start trying to tapthe area right above the page when in portrait mode.
    I found another developer who has a device who is going to test this, I'll let you know how it goes.

As a sort of thank you for all your honest feedback, a little preview in one of the new features in the next update: the library.

You may notice the "Scan" button at the top. This will solve all the file placement issues, just place them anywhere in your user's directory, press that button and it'll search all comic books. All comic from the same collection(like in this case Sin City) will probably be grouped and a search function will be added (both to improve the experience when dealing with a large collection).

EDIT: Thanks to a developer testing my app for me, I discovered the problem with the top bar. It'll be fixed soon.
    Last edited by zezke; 04-22-11 at 04:35 AM.
    04-21-11 12:53 PM
    Hey,

i just picked this up in the app store and i wanted to say good work!

A few minor issues with the top bar, but i'm sure you'll work it out. Can't wait for gesture support.

Looking forward to more excellent apps for my new toy
    04-22-11 11:01 AM
    I tried to buy it, but didnt even get my card # in and App World said I already bought it. Now I cant buy it, its in my paid list. Bummer.
    04-26-11 07:03 PM
    if it's in your paid list you should be able to install it again.
    04-26-11 08:24 PM
    I tried to buy it, but didnt even get my card # in and App World said I already bought it. Now I cant buy it, its in my paid list. Bummer.
    Strange, can you download the app then? Otherwise I suggest that you contact RIM as I cannot check who has bought my app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 01:28 AM
    Any word on when we will see an update to the app?
    04-27-11 07:58 AM
    Swiping down wasn't working for me so I had to start trying to tapthe area right above the page when in portrait mode.
    same here! this app was the first I bought when I got my playbook and I've had problems with it.

now I appreciate the developer showing genuine interest in making the user experience better. kudos!

my suggestions echo those of other posters here:

1) I'm WAY more likely to read a comic in portrait mode. and the swipe-down in portrait doesn't really work for me 3/4 of the time.

2) since a comic doesn't seem to take up the entire height of the screen in portrait orientation, why not leave the navigation buttons on screen all the time? I agree with whoever said they should be at the bottom. that makes the most sense to me.

3) changing pages (in portrait mode) is way too slow right now.

these are my three main criticisms. but please understand it's positive criticism, not ********. I really appreciate your hard work. keep it up!
    04-27-11 08:05 AM
    Thank you and since I came here for feedback I really appreciate your feedback. I hope to release an update to RIM this weekend which will include a bunch of bugfixes and the new library. CBR will not yet be included since it only works on half the files for now. Approval by RIM can take anything from 1 week to up a month (quite long honestly).
    04-27-11 08:43 AM
    Okay I got installed now. Yeah there are some problems as pointed out already, if those were fixed I think you would have a very unique and useful app that will improve over time. Good luck to you!
    04-27-11 05:37 PM
    Hello again, everybody. As promised this weekend I submitted an update (1.2.1.502) to RIM that will include swipe gesture, the library view and some bugfixes.

I have had one complaint that Comics doesn't work with QNX 1.0.1.1710, anyone of you experienced any problems?
    05-02-11 02:00 PM
    Hello again, everybody. As promised this weekend I submitted an update (1.2.1.502) to RIM that will include swipe gesture, the library view and some bugfixes.

I have had one complaint that Comics doesn't work with QNX 1.0.1.1710, anyone of you experienced any problems?
    Great news, hopefully they process that nice and quickly so I can get back to my comics.

Other than previously mentioned limitations of the first versions I have had no problems with the software on any version yet.
    05-02-11 02:07 PM
    Very strange, seems to be an isolated problem then. Thank you for your info and I'll keep you guys posted on the approval progress.
    05-02-11 03:07 PM

Great, looking forward to it! Oddly enough the app showed up in the Recently Updated category this weekend for me, but it was still v1.1.1. Will keep my eyes peeled for the new version.
    05-02-11 03:28 PM
    Yep, that's because the description and images are already updated, but the program hasn't. Quite illogical if you ask me, but RIM isn't asking I'm afraid. Well, at least you can get a sneak preview of the library
    05-02-11 04:03 PM
    Getting the navigation bar down is iffy. sometimes it takes a few pops to get it down. But if the swipe is implemented that should be water under the bridge.
    05-02-11 04:54 PM
    Swipe is implemented, but I fixed the navigation bar bug as well.
    05-02-11 04:55 PM
    I created a 'comics' subfolder in 'documents', but only out of my own preference for organizing things. Within Mongoose I was able to navigate to that folder with no problem and select the CBZ file.
    I did that and it still doesn't work for me. the browse page is blank, I can't select anything. anyone have any idea? I uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted. no dice
    05-05-11 06:33 AM
    The update has been approved. If you want to share your thoughts, be my guest!

@belsunce Are you talking about Mongoose or Comics?
    05-06-11 02:26 AM
    sorry ya I was talking about mongoose.

I had no problems with your app finding and opening my comics

looking fwd to the update!
    05-06-11 04:48 AM
    Swiping to changes pages makes the app so much better, are you going to add the tap to advance option you mentioned previously in a later update?

I can't really comment on the library setup yet as I only put one comic back on my device to try it out, but it looks nice enough, does it group comics by title as if not that might be a handy addition for those with larger collections.

Time to go give a positive review on appworld.
    05-06-11 05:20 AM
    Swiping to changes pages makes the app so much better, are you going to add the tap to advance option you mentioned previously in a later update?
    I'm considering it, still in doubt if it would be actually used.

I can't really comment on the library setup yet as I only put one comic back on my device to try it out, but it looks nice enough, does it group comics by title as if not that might be a handy addition for those with larger collections.
    At the moment no, but it's on the todo-list.
    05-06-11 01:18 PM
    Haven't had much time to play around with it yet, but the swiping feels great so far. Thanks! Definitely looking forward to more features.

Oddly enough: when I downloaded the update, it didn't replace v1.1 -- both versions existed on my PB and I could launch them independently. I tried a PB reboot, but that didn't solve anything. Within App World/My World list, it showed two entries, but both were 1.2. Anyway, I deleted v1.1 from the homescreen, with no ill-effects on v1.2 and now only one entry shows up in My World.

It's probably a PB issue, but of the 4-5 apps that I installed updates for today (which itself was nice to see!) this was the only one that experienced this issue. *shrug*
    05-06-11 01:55 PM
    Oddly enough: when I downloaded the update, it didn't replace v1.1 -- both versions existed on my PB and I could launch them independently.
    same here.

wow ok the app is a LOT smoother. SUPER sweet update!

swipe to change pages works GREAT and page change in portrait mode is so much faster than before.

thank you thank you thank you!!!

now if I may: 2 suggestions. well, one suggestion and one question. actually more like 2 questions lol.

in portrait mode, is it possible to have the button bar appear at the bottom of the screen when you swipe down to reveal it or is that a limitation of the playbook OS that all extra navigation tabs appear at the top of the screen? because it would be soooo much better if those buttons appeared at the bottom of the screen. that way you could easily access them with your thumbs without having to move your hands.

now for the second question: the library is super sweet but I have comics whose cover does not super explicitly show which issue number it is. would it be possible to also have a listing by name, possibly a toggle switch between the two views?

just wanna wrap up by again expressing my gratitude for this update. your app is so sweet!
    Last edited by belsunce; 05-06-11 at 05:25 PM. Reason: checked thread, came back to write second question.
    05-06-11 05:17 PM
600 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD