Update!

After careful review - I am going to change my stance on this app. I have reviewed the upcoming plans for this app and have verified it is more than a web launcher.

It is still an early app design, but I believe my objection is no longer founded. This app would now be up to individuals to decide - this isn't what I thought it was and I believe the upcoming changes will be worth it. I had believed this app was a paid version of the Wikipedia launcher. However on purchasing and installing I feel there is more potential with this app and I have chosen to support this developer if I can. As it is, some people may not be happy with this app but I know this developer would be happy to help refund any concerned purchases.

Complaint humbly removed. And I am happily back to hating digi-media-books.

Ed
    Last edited by KermEd; 02-12-12 at 02:03 AM.
    02-07-12 08:31 PM
    See ^ above.
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 02-17-12 at 01:50 PM.
    02-07-12 08:36 PM
    Baffles the mind really. Can't see how this is any better than using a browser.

How was he/she able to call the app Wikipedia?
    02-07-12 08:39 PM
    I didn't buy it, and won't buy it...
    dfield likes this.
    02-07-12 08:42 PM
    Did some mention fart apps?
    Adhamalghamdi and bbmtna like this.
    02-07-12 08:49 PM
    Well, I'd buy a good fart app...
    02-07-12 08:50 PM
    This is almost worth buying the 'app' just to be able to leave a rotten review. What a joke.
    jdngfx, stephaneldugas and KermEd like this.
    02-07-12 09:03 PM
    i thought i saw some criteria on a link i followed. might have been on @asaunders twitter. basically to qualify for the offer, it cant be a web link or an app whose sole purpose is to play a sound or display a graphic (aka fart apps)
    recompile likes this.
    02-07-12 09:05 PM
    also, now i dont feel so bad. the app im submitting isnt the best, most involved app ever...but its a heck of a lot more than a simple web link. not only that, mine will be FREE!
    KermEd likes this.
    02-07-12 09:07 PM
    Agreed...this is like page 2 in the manual of how to make an app
    02-07-12 09:53 PM
    i bought this app and discovered this awesome thing called wikipedia
    oh, and this thing "the internet", it will blow your mind
    best thing ever

app world is flooded with these crap app. there should be a category for junk like this
    Adhamalghamdi and Lhendr like this.
    02-07-12 09:57 PM
    I'd like to point out that while $2 for this is kind of a lot, the free playbook promotion does not apply to apps such as this, so don't think they're doing it just for that. If they are, they're in for a surprise. :P It does say that weblink type apps are not eligible, but of course they're still allowed on app world.
    02-07-12 10:09 PM
    omg i hope nobody buys it and think they dont need the internet to access it!
    i know people who would
    02-07-12 10:20 PM
    Heh, well... not saying much about some people - but someone did buy it and left a positive review...

@offthahorseceo
    I think your app would be just fine! I submitted a new one the other day too that isn't the greatest (Chords 'n Scales) but you know what - its free. So if it only makes 1 person happy at least its something

Its so much different if someone is clearly trying to scam people for $$$. At this point, I literally so nothing a person can gain from this app...
    Last edited by KermEd; 02-07-12 at 10:28 PM.
    02-07-12 10:25 PM
    Testing my memory from a tweet a few weeks back...but I believe this developer actually works for RIM.
    teamfortress likes this.
    02-07-12 10:42 PM
    wow is turn around really that fast even with the inundation of submissions? how long ago was "the other day" that its on app world already
    02-07-12 10:45 PM
    wow is turn around really that fast even with the inundation of submissions? how long ago was "the other day" that its on app world already
    I'm getting about 48 hours this week
    02-07-12 11:38 PM
    I'm getting about 48 hours this week
    That's means that your new Egg Timer app should be showing up really soon then.
    02-07-12 11:41 PM
    That's means that your new Egg Timer app should be showing up really soon then.
    I can't figure out why they won't release it. I submitted a new version today with fixes --- hope it helps. I really am proud of it...
    KMB4 likes this.
    02-07-12 11:46 PM
    New idea for an app. "All of the internet" $999.99 it would lead people to believe that it's worth something but really all it does is open the playbook Internet browser.

There should be a way to down vote or report apps that just makes appworld look crappy.
    KermEd and Michelle Haag like this.
    02-08-12 12:24 AM
    So do we need to add a wiki page about this horrible app? Lol
    02-08-12 12:33 AM
    some reviewer said " of a start!!!!". Did he mean "start of a " ? Can imagine how irritating it would be for a developer to see such "apps"
    02-08-12 01:16 AM
    KermEd, I got your app tonight. It will help when I get stuck on a chord translation to other band members believe me. One thing (before I hijack this thread) - it would help if you added zoom capabilities to the pages. Otherwise, very useful app...
    KermEd likes this.
    02-08-12 01:54 AM
    Now the wiki app you mentioned is in Top purchased list in BB appworld...
    02-08-12 06:27 AM
    Isn't this app free on Android?
    02-08-12 07:55 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD