The only thing it won't let you do is watch any movies that are HD from comcast. Say you want to watch a movie on HBO, it gives some error about can't play HD movies or something like that.
    11-30-11 11:40 PM
    Just doesn't work for me. I do get the message on the HD videos, but the ones that you guys can get to play just get stuck at the loading screen for me. And I have tried 30 minute shows.
    12-01-11 12:02 AM
    Yep, very cool. You can also go into the TV guide and use your PB as a remote to change the channels and record shows if you have a Comcast DVR, like you can with the iPad app.
    You can also run the Android Xfinity app on the PlayBook, assuming you have the 2.0 beta installed.
    12-01-11 08:28 AM
    You can also run the Android Xfinity app on the PlayBook, assuming you have the 2.0 beta installed.
    I had the Xfinity Mobile app installed, and it didn't seem to have any way of actually viewing video on the device. The On Demand part merely listed things I could watch on my TV on demand.

I attempted to convert the Xfinity TV app, but it gets an error when opening, unfortunately.
    12-01-11 12:25 PM
    I had the Xfinity Mobile app installed, and it didn't seem to have any way of actually viewing video on the device. The On Demand part merely listed things I could watch on my TV on demand.

I attempted to convert the Xfinity TV app, but it gets an error when opening, unfortunately.
    I was referring to the remote/guide aspect of the app, but you are correct.
    12-01-11 12:35 PM
    I set it up from a desktop as suggested, and also put several shows in Queue. Then opened on the PB and started Bluebloods, which is a 60 minute show. I only watched 15 mintues, tho.
    12-01-11 05:40 PM
    I set it up from a desktop as suggested, and also put several shows in Queue. Then opened on the PB and started Bluebloods, which is a 60 minute show. I only watched 15 mintues, tho.
    Yea I tried that too, no workie. Perhaps it's my router?
    12-01-11 05:44 PM
    mine gets stucked @ "Starting playback"
    12-06-11 02:24 PM
    unfortunately i cant get it to work either. i did the setup on my laptop as well and it just hangs in my PB with the scrolling blue dots and "starting playback" is there a concensus on what does and doesnt work as far as shows/content?

EDIT: I was able to get an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" to start playing but then i hit the screen by accident and it zoomed in and the playback stopped. havent been able to get it to play since.
    Last edited by Serkle K; 12-06-11 at 09:52 PM.
    12-06-11 09:30 PM
    can it also watch live shows?
    12-07-11 07:36 AM
    Only on demand
    12-07-11 09:38 AM
    unfortunately i cant get it to work either. i did the setup on my laptop as well and it just hangs in my PB with the scrolling blue dots and "starting playback" is there a concensus on what does and doesnt work as far as shows/content?

EDIT: I was able to get an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" to start playing but then i hit the screen by accident and it zoomed in and the playback stopped. havent been able to get it to play since.
    what did you do to make it work?
    12-07-11 10:09 AM
    Just doesn't work for me. I do get the message on the HD videos, but the ones that you guys can get to play just get stuck at the loading screen for me. And I have tried 30 minute shows.
    Try clearing your browser history and stuff. I dont even log into my account. You get to see more content sometime, but i have better luck not logged in. I did find a few that just wouldnt work, but most seem to.
    12-07-11 11:00 AM
    All,

Sorry I've been absent for a while...my stewardship allows me so much free time. When I had some downtime I often come back and take a look see and see how all have made out. For some it appears that you have been successful whiles others not so much.

Perhaps if everyone that can make successful connections repost with your settings; ie., type of router, PB settings, logged-in vs. logged-out, and types of comcast/xfinity account you have package wise (television)...this might of some use to others that have beeb not successful.

As for me the only thing I know for fact via Comcast is that you are only able to watch programming that you pay for via your TV package. Hence I have the basic package and I am only able to watch to this date is "How I Met Your Mother". While I should be in theory able to watch other programming on the other major networks...I too have been unsuccessful.

Its very frustrating I know and I have yet to log onto my laptop to confirm if this issue is only PB related or not, I will try to get about this sometime soon. However, in the meantime I was able to find a site that streams to the PB very well with no issues. If you get a chance check out...

Top Documentary Films - Watch Free Documentaries Online

From there you simply choose whatever you would like to watch that is available. I have been somewhat disappointed with Comcast TV via streaming with more misses than hits with regard to content. I mean basic package includes the major networks and all I get is one program from CBS really?

Anyway, if we can repost with our settings it may helps us all out; what do you think?
    12-12-11 10:33 AM
    Okay,

After posting the last message above a few minutes ago I thought I'd give it a whirl again so I fired out my PB browser, pointed it to comcast.net and logged in, qnd recalled the customer support representative told me months ago I had to naviagte in a certain way.

Anyway, I took note of my path as followed below and nothing! All I got too was a waiting for playback message and it just sat there for over a half an hour. Frustrated and having my laptop readily available I fired it up, DIDN'T log in and my selection worked automatically This gave me pause as to why it worked perfectly on my HP Pavillion Entertainment PC laptop but not on the PB?

Especially since it worked for the one program that did work..."How I Met Your Mother". The only thing I can think of at this time is that I must be the playback format that is on the Comcast server. Is anyone else experiencing issues with playback error messages on their PB wherein they can get one or more programs to run and others not at all with a paid subscription and the programming is clearly online and is streamable?

The path I used is...

1. log-in
    2. Click Watch Now
    3. Click Networks
    4. Click Fox for example
    5. Specific program titles appeared and listed alphabetically
    6. Program Names with full length videos numbered and clips and other videos numbered
    7. So from what was listed I clicked "American Dad" for example full length video
    8. On the left hand side it list season and on the right it had online play icon which I picked
    9. After a half an hour it just sat there stating starting playback

Anyone have any thoughts as to why I cannot play any basic programming channels such as Fox and any titles listed as online. It either has to be a streaming format issue or a PB issue at this point. Please advise; thanks.
    12-12-11 11:58 AM
    what did you do to make it work?
    I really didn't do anything special. I just started picking shows to try to watch and that was the first one to start up. I did wait out the scrolling blue dots to see what would happen, and it just started to play. Although that didn't indicate anything different, as I have waiting to see what happened with the scrolling blue dots and often times I would get an error message.
    12-12-11 03:44 PM
    Xfinity/Comcast uses MS Silverlight for playback (not flash). Tried as well using Desktop Browser to no avail. Believe use of Silverlight is the issue. I can stream Amazon Instant Video no problem.
    12-12-11 04:10 PM
    Dangit!___
    12-31-11 12:33 PM
    12-31-11 03:41 PM
    I was able to watch the latest episode of CSI:Miami. It was in the "Trending Now" section of the Xfinity TV site. It loaded and launched almost immediately. Very cool!

However, I couldn't watch Psych (found by searching for it in their library). It got stuck on the "Starting playback" screen.

When I tried to watch episodes in my Queue, it said I needed to upgrade the Xfinity Video Player in order to watch "HD-Like" shows. Perhaps the CSI: Miami episode wasn't "HD-Like", but the picture quality was really good.

--Ariel
    hubermania likes this.
    12-31-11 09:46 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD