I downloaded Comapping Beta over a year ago but only began to use it last week on my Playbook. I became tired of trying to get Endare's Mindmap to work properly (paid for it but it was really buggy and amateurish) and thought I'd try Comapping. And guess what? I've found it to be utterly brilliant!!

Brilliant for what? I use it to map out the trains of thought or major streams of academic articles that I read in PDF format on Repligo Reader. As I read an article, I will highlight important text, and then copy and paste it into a Comapping Beta to create a flow-chart of ideas.

Once I have a mindmap created in Comapping, I examine it to see how I might restructure it. If I want to move the node-branches into categories, its easy to create new node-branches cut and paste into them.

Even better, Comapping offers the ability to export maps created in the application to FreeMind (.mm) format that will also work with Freeplane and Docear. This means I can later open the mindmaps I created on my Playbook (while riding the subway, working in a coffee shop) on my desktop system and re-work and edit the maps as necessary.

Right now, on my Playbook, the most invaluable apps for research, work and study are Repligo Reader (for reading PDFs), Comapping Beta (for making notes on the PDFs I read, and for making mindmaps of other plans and ideas).

I wrote to Comapping to ask them to update Comapping and fix a number of problems that will help Comapping truly shine.
    03-24-14 10:06 PM
    03-24-14 11:59 PM
    I'm not sure. I've not tried DrawExpress yet. I read some of the posts re Drawexpress-- Perhaps you can tell me if its better! If it is, I'll be very glad to use it and support the developer.
    Thanks for pointing me to this new app! I'm going to install it now.
    03-25-14 10:53 PM
    I have not been able to find a .bar of Comapping Beta. Does anyone have one? Is there a way to download the .bar from my Playbook so that if I have to reinstall my OS, I won't lose this invaluable app?
    09-08-17 03:46 PM
    Is there a way to download the .bar from my Playbook so that if I have to reinstall my OS, I won't lose this invaluable app?
    If you sideload ES File Explorer, you can use it to backup the apk file from any installed android apps on your Playbook. This assumes that the Comapping app is android and not native.
    09-08-17 04:56 PM