Hi guys,

BlackBerry World - Clicker

Version 1.0 was approved a couple of weeks ago and I've been waiting for several releases to be approved before submitting. Please read the *** Release *** section for more information. I'd like to thank everyone that helped with the BETA (especially Agus_CB).

An easy to use function-rich media player remote control that runs on your Blackberry PlayBook. Supported devices include: WD TV Live SMP, WD TV Live Hub and WD TV Live running WDXLTV firmware. Enter the IP address of your device and take control of your entertainment with this exceptional remote.

Main features:

* supports multiple device settings
    * quick access to online services
    * navigation buttons
    * media controls
    * volume slider
    * numberpad
    * keyboard entry
    * remote power off
    * landscape and portrait orientation support

To follow application development, make suggestions or get support, follow us on Twitter (@PlaybookClicker).

Upcoming release
    - will include support for XBMC 12.0 (Frodo)

*** WDXLTV Users ***
    WDXLTV is slow to respond to the first request after initial installation (about 30 seconds) and after start up (about 10 seconds). Performance improves to a "normal" response time (about a second) after the first command is processed.
    Last edited by thecodemonkee; 02-27-13 at 03:43 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-13 01:56 PM
    I am not near my wdtv units now. They are wdtv live on stock software. I am not familiar with wdxltv. Will this work on my units?
    02-26-13 07:15 PM
    It works on the stock firmware for the WDTV Live Streaming Media Player (SMP) and Live Hub. You can check out this thread for more info:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ve-smp-766812/

The whole app submission and approval process has taken forever! It took a month and a half for the app to be approved and I've been waiting two weeks (and counting) for other updates/releases for versions 1.1, 1.2 and 1.2.1!
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-13 07:37 PM
    Looks pretty good! I was considering whether or not to buy a wd live hub, now that there is an app I may just have to get it.
    thecodemonkee likes this.
    02-26-13 11:43 PM
    Blackberry just approved all releases! I'll be looking for XBMC beta testers soon
    02-27-13 03:14 PM
    Just installed this yesterday (with white background) and I really like it so far. Will check it tonight for updates. Great App!
    02-27-13 03:22 PM
    Ok, got the update last night. Like the black background. This app works great in both portrait and landscape mode. Really liking it! Only thing I wish it had was a slider for advancing within a video. Other than that, it's got everything I need in a remote for the WD TV Live. Great job!
    02-28-13 01:39 PM
    Do you have plans to support WDTV Live without the WDXLTV firmware?
    bungaboy and wrusprod like this.
    02-28-13 08:18 PM
    I plan to continue adding support for more devices as long as I can get access to them or beta testers.
    02-28-13 09:44 PM
    I plan to continue adding support for more devices as long as I can get access to them or beta testers.
    I have both WDTV Live Plus, and WDTV Live if you want me to help out let me know.
    03-01-13 11:23 AM
    That's great. I purchased your app thinking to use it with WDLXTV firmware. But I had upgraded back to WDTV's firmware because it had some fixes and enhancement I liked. The WDLXTV firmware hasn't been updated for several years now and not sure if it will be develop futher with the lastest WDTV firmware base.
    I can be a beta tester.
    03-01-13 12:20 PM
    PMs sent for WDTV Live and Live Plus betas.

Started BB10 port. More work than I thought ... mostly screen size and layout. I might have a BETA ready this weekend.
    03-01-13 06:37 PM
    WDTV Live works for me.... Thanks for the app I've been waiting a while for..
    03-03-13 04:21 PM
    WDTV Live works for me.... Thanks for the app I've been waiting a while for..
    On stock firmware?
    03-03-13 04:36 PM
    It does NOT work for me on WDTV Live Plus on stock firmware 1.06.42_B. Too bad.
    03-03-13 05:31 PM
    On stock firmware?
    Yup, stock firmware,version 1.14.09

Ed..
    03-03-13 06:41 PM

Ed..
    Thanks. I will give it a try with my WDTV Live unit.
    03-03-13 06:55 PM
    03-03-13 07:06 PM

Ed..
    Can you confirm the device type you used in the device setup? Thanks.
    03-03-13 10:03 PM
    Wow... I almost forgot about this. So... are we good to go with the stock/older WDTV Live as long as I use WDLXTV firmware?
    03-04-13 11:29 AM
    Really functional. Thanks. One issue though...they keyboard won't enter password fields...it just accepts 1 character.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 11:36 AM
    Thanks. I will give it a try with my WDTV Live unit.
    Sorry bungaboy, fasteddyktm is running the newer WDTV Live Streaming Media Player (SMP).
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-04-13 01:06 PM
    Wow... I almost forgot about this. So... are we good to go with the stock/older WDTV Live as long as I use WDLXTV firmware?
    Good to go with the older WDTV Live as long as you use WDLXTV firmware. Do you know if the older WDTV Live can be controlled remotely via HTTP? For example, the newer WDTV Live SMP has a web page that you can use to control it ... does the older one have something similar?
    03-04-13 01:08 PM
    Really functional. Thanks. One issue though...they keyboard won't enter password fields...it just accepts 1 character.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the feedback. I recall using it to enter password fields (e.g. for Netflix and Hulu configurations). I'll check tonight ... which password were you entering?
    03-04-13 01:09 PM
    Sorry bungaboy, fasteddyktm is running the newer WDTV Live Streaming Media Player (SMP).
    Oh, well . . . I bought you a coffee I guess. LoL
    03-04-13 04:54 PM
54 123