I've had my Playbook for two weeks. Looking at an video for the new keyboard I discovered the Citrix Receiver application. Is this something new ?

03-14-12 10:51 AM
    It's available since last December......
    03-14-12 11:03 AM
    anyone tried citrix received to open AutoCAD drawings on any blackberry?
    04-06-12 09:42 AM
    anyone tried citrix received to open AutoCAD drawings on any blackberry?
    Go look at yesterday's posts on CB. A video from RIM demoing Citrix receiver was posted.
    04-06-12 10:28 AM
    It's a 1.0 release. Doesn't work with our version of XenApp. (5.0 on 2008 32bit screen corrupt but connects) I would assume it works on newer versions of XenApp and XenDesktop. I have side loaded the Android version, but haven't had a chance to compare them yet. The version on the 9800 Torch w/ OS6 works fine but kind of pointless on that small screen.
    04-06-12 10:32 AM
    It's a 1.0 release. Doesn't work with our version of XenApp. (5.0 on 2008 32bit screen corrupt but connects) I would assume it works on newer versions of XenApp and XenDesktop. I have side loaded the Android version, but haven't had a chance to compare them yet. The version on the 9800 Torch w/ OS6 works fine but kind of pointless on that small screen.
    we have xenapp 5.0 and also xendesktop 5 and the reciever works. The only problem I have is that it doesnt work on the "Work" space because Blackberry BDS only support http/https traffic on the MDS connection. It suck because the only way for the user to use citrix outside our network is to do a VPN.
    04-06-12 11:26 AM
    Use Citrix Receiver on my corporate system and it does work well.

One bug: Citrix does not seem to pass through the Caps button command properly. First words are capitalized, regardless of what you want (even if an email address). And unable to capitalize any other letters using the Caps button on the PlayBook screen keyboard when connected to a remote computer via Citrix. Hope they address this. This is a business app that I would gladly pay for to maintain support by developer.
    05-08-12 11:48 AM
    I've been using Citrix Receiver since the trial came out to connect to my corporate system. It requires RSA and password authentication. The corporate server for login is in Australia, I am in Kentucky. To date, only issue has been that sometimes the initial log in attempt fails. I haven't experienced any cap issues
    05-08-12 12:47 PM
    I use citrix receiver to access corporate system as well. It works fine over wifi. I couldn't get it to work bridged but I was able to get it to work on my phone using tethering, which is an option since I have the ability to tether on my phone's account with verizon. The only other issue I had with it is if I try to connect from the terminal server to another system using RDP, it handles some of the characters in my password wrong. What I have to do is run osk.exe on the terminal server and type my password in using the onscreen keyboard, then I am good.
    05-08-12 02:30 PM
    I have been using it as well and really like it.

One question for the other folks using it. Are you able to successfully use Microsoft Office Communicator (internal MSN Messenger program) through your citrix receiver?

Whenever I try to launch mine I just see a blue screen. I don't see the window with all my online contacts.
    05-08-12 04:20 PM
    I have been using it as well and really like it.

One question for the other folks using it. Are you able to successfully use Microsoft Office Communicator (internal MSN Messenger program) through your citrix receiver?

Whenever I try to launch mine I just see a blue screen. I don't see the window with all my online contacts.
    Yes, I am able to use Communicator, Outlook, IE, etc, just as if I was connected via PC.
    05-08-12 05:09 PM
    Use it all the time, forces me to use the web style login, but all my apps run, and I can have my work desktop anywhere I want including my big screen tv I work almost entirely through citrix these days, so this is perfect.....the version for my 9810 doesn't seem to authenticate, but as previous posts stat, this is a non-issue.
    05-09-12 10:49 AM
    I am using Citrix Receiver with my brand new PlayBook keyboard and it is just awesome. No more lugging laptops around when away from the office.

We are testing Citrix and PlayBook as a portable POS terminal for restaurant and banquet facilities and it is looking fantastic.
    05-09-12 11:06 AM
    Yes, I am able to use Communicator, Outlook, IE, etc, just as if I was connected via PC.
    Everything else works flawlessly for me (Outlook, IE, SSH, etc). It's just Communicator. It looks like it is launching but for some reason I can not see my contact list. It's as if it is starting in minimized mode in my system tray (assuming the PB had a system tray).
    05-09-12 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD